Sold Out for A Song

Started by admin, November 04, 2015, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

While last night's council meeting over-ran, even after blatant attempts to curtail any discussion on the most major issue HBC has faced for years, it's worth going back to September and remembering why that might have been so.

During September's meeting, it was suggested that the October meeting should be delayed until November and after the council had received the Government's response to the Combined Authority proposal made by the 5 councils. As a consequence, the normal October meeting was skipped entirely allowing a backlog to build up for November. Now it's emerged that all might not have been as we were told and, dare I say it, someone might have been telling fibs.

Apparently the SCABS have only just returned from a cruise on the Queen Mary and there's a very good chance that both would have missed the October meeting if it had taken place as scheduled. It could also be that, given Martin-Wells tanned appearance last night, that we might be talking about a foursome. (or perhaps it's just that someone has at last served him with that much-needed slice of fried bread.)

Now it could be, of course, that at the time of the September meeting, both CAB and SAB were totally oblivious to the fact that they were about to embark on yet another cruise trip.  It could also have been that the pair are so paranoid about not being present at meetings of the council that an alternative, more acceptable excuse had to be found - one that didn't make it so embarrassingly obvious that all talk of 'cuts', 'difficult decisions' and 'job losses' was being made in the 3rd person and didn't even remotely affect the dynamic duo themselves. It's even possible that when that Government response was received the dynamic duo were still sailing the seven seas, drinking their Veuve Clicquot Champagne in taxpayer funded luxury.

Either way, as we witness people losing their jobs left, right and centre, isn't it comforting that the Great Leader is able to show such empathy for the plebs?
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Johnny Bongo

As the saying goes...'Every cloud has a silver lining' and although we (the Hartlepool residents) have been signed up to something that I doubt the majority want, this could hopefully, turn out to benefit us in the foreseeable future.  Here's my take on it. Once the Combined Authority starts to make decisions for Hartlepool and local people find that they are getting fobbed off with excuses/ shoddy service/ etc, this will hopefully have an effect on the outcome of future Council elections, with even the most hardened labour/ con
sheep supporter voting for AN other! The Independents need, imo, to capitalise on this asap! I'd give a Kings ransom just to watch Cab, Sab, Wells, and the other scum take 'the walk of shame' on election night!  Hamlet's soliloquy...anyone?