Press Release - Road Works Raby Road/Hart Lane

Started by admin, September 28, 2014, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

WORK is to begin on Monday on a ten-week scheme to improve a busy town centre junction in Hartlepool.

The £250,000 scheme involves creating a right-turn lane for traffic turning into Raby Road from Middleton Road.

Road closures on Hart Lane and Middleton Road will be required during the works, but Hartlepool Council is taking steps to try to minimise any disruption.

Brendon Colarossi, Hartlepool Council's Principal Projects Engineer, said: "We are proposing to maintain two-way traffic along Raby Road and will be switching off the traffic lights at the junction. By keeping north-south traffic flowing in this way, we hope to minimise the disruption and delays experienced by members of the public.

"In addition, Hart Lane will be closed from the junction with Murray Street and signs will be in place to divert traffic along Murray Street.

"Middleton Road will also be closed and a diversion route along Brougham Terrace will be signed.

"It is inevitable that with a scheme of this size there will be some disruption, and we would like to apologise in advance to members of the public and ask for their patience and co-operation."

Press release pr26254. September 26 2014.
Issued by Steve Hilton, Public Relations Officer, on (01429) 284065.

suvin

The lunatics have definitely taken over the asylum, or which ever deparment is responsible for organising road works. It is only a couple of months since work on this junction was completed, after 6 months of chaos. What is going on? Is someone getting kickbacks from the contractor?

dowager

CAN I ASK WHAT THEY DID LAST TIME THE SAME JUNCTION WAS UP FOR 4 MONTHS ?

testing times

I think that was the electric board relaying cables. This time it's the council widening the junction.

seaton

They would probably have to reroute the services for the road widening but why every thing couldn't be done at the same time is beyond me, wouldn't have happened in the private sector or heads would have rolled.

Inspector Knacker

Can we bring a bit of common sense into this topic. I've worked on plenty of projects in the private sector where the rules of  logic apply. When I first went into engineering planning we had one character who came up with a stunning time to install a control panel...when we checked it out he had everyone from.painters to electricians working in a cramped space at the same time. If utilities are digging up a road up a road to install gas/water/electric services, you cannot be laying down a new junction at the same time... its not only impractical but dangerous.... by the way..... you'll find the utilities are private sector.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

seaton

Quote from: Riddler5 on October 03, 2014, 06: AM
Can we bring a bit of common sense into this topic. I've worked on plenty of projects in the private sector where the rules of  logic apply. When I first went into engineering planning we had one character who came up with a stunning time to install a control panel...when we checked it out he had everyone from.painters to electricians working in a cramped space at the same time. If utilities are digging up a road up a road to install gas/water/electric services, you cannot be laying down a new junction at the same time... its not only impractical but dangerous.... by the way..... you'll find the utilities are private sector.

Yes the Utilities are private sector, I meant the organisation of the whole project with a programme of works, when one phase finished the next contractor steps in to do his part, instead we have the road opening closing every few weeks after each contractor has done his bit.

marky

There's a lot in what you say Riddler if only we could believe that someone at least paused and wondered if at least some of the work could have been done at the same time. Sadly, I'd be amazed if that were true.

Inspector Knacker

The reason I made my original post was a distant project where one local busybody sat at his desk watching a road being constructed compiling a log of the site activity....quite a comprehensive one at that. He finally erupted and went public when, after laying concrete, the squad disappeared for several days. Actually they'd move to another part of the site.... to lay ...... concrete.
It was pointed out that the concrete had to actually set....and just how much work did he get  done as his log of activity was so detailed it would probably constitute stalking.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Darknessontheedgeoftown

All they need to do here is re-program the sequence of the lights, nothing else, rather than waste and disrupt.

Chance of this 'new' work being completed on time? Low.