No Replacements for Pacers

Started by craig finton, August 26, 2014, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

craig finton

oh well. It looks like we're stuck with the buses on rails for a while longer as the Government back-tracks on their replacement. Best we can hope for are new seats and a coat of paint by the sound of it until such time as we can inherit some southern cast-offs.

No matter. Wrighty's on it ..... (or should that be in it?) .....so we can all breath easy (which is more than you can do on a Pacer train)

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/business/cattle-truck-rail-carriages-may-stay-on-hartlepool-line-after-government-u-turn-1-6804168

steveL

Personally, I'd be more bothered about the frequency of trains and the time they run till. If Wrighty wants kudos then let's hear him championing the extension of the Tyneside Metro down the East Coast. Bugger Teesside.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

Wright (and it seems the whole Labour Group) have a free pass on GC that they use to travel 1st class. Why would they be bothered about the rest of us?

one direction

Quote from: mk1 on August 26, 2014, 04: PM
Wright (and it seems the whole Labour Group) have a free pass on GC that they use to travel 1st class

If this is true it must be declared by them as it is a gift that is definitely worth more than £25. According to our MP he received from Grand Central Railway Company in 2010 a rail pass, valid until 31 December 2011, for use on parliamentary travel only. Value: approximately £1800.

Nothing since then.

If you have proof that he, or any elected councillor, is in receipt of undeclared free travel then inform the police imediately!

mk1

Typical Pavlovian reaction triggered  when you spot any criticism of the Labour group......................

one direction

Quote from: mk1 on August 26, 2014, 07: PM
Typical Pavlovian reaction triggered  when you spot any criticism of the Labour group......................

To clever for me........mind you if you think I'm a labour supporter then you need to give your head a shake.....I despise them all, Labour, Lib-Dem, UKIP, Tories, PHF, all of them!

pensionater

It's the answer he gives when he has no proof,paranoia kicking in.

mk1

Quote from: one direction on August 26, 2014, 08: PM

I despise them all, Labour, Lib-Dem, UKIP, Tories, PHF, all of them!

Yes everything is a big conspiracy.............have you ordered your turquoise shell suit yet?

one direction

Quote from: mk1 on August 26, 2014, 09: PMYes everything is a big conspiracy.............have you ordered your turquoise shell suit yet?

Sorry, that's another post that is just too clever for me. Why would I want a shell suit of any colour? Let alone a turquoise one?

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: steveL on August 26, 2014, 03: PM
Personally, I'd be more bothered about the frequency of trains and the time they run till. If Wrighty wants kudos then let's hear him championing the extension of the Tyneside Metro down the East Coast. Bugger Teesside.
Trying to get another ten years out of the pacers is akin to giving the kiss of life to a frozen chicken....... they're 10,000 rivets moving in loose formation....... pathetic.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

grim reaper

So our aberration of an MP is angry over the state of the Pacers and is fighting for replacements.  :(
I think 95% of people in this town would prefer him to direct his anger at the so-called hospital 'trust' and DEMAND our A & E and other services return to Hartlepool, rather than play acting over a train carriage.

Old carriages may be uncomfortable for an hour or so journey but they won't kill anyone. Unlike the removal of our hospital services.  >:(

But of course, play acting over the Pacers doesn't anger his Labour bosses, therefore he can rant and rave to his hearts content.
He doesn't fool me for one second!

marky

£15bn for Crossrail; with Crossrail 2 already on the horizon. We'd be better off if we were officially included under 'overseas development'.

mk1

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-29252871

Bottom line Transpennine Trains have a design fault where the door can trap you but the train will still move. They knew about it 10 years ago but decided to ignore it.