Durham Light Infantry

Started by lynda, September 14, 2014, 11: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynda

I attended the dedication today of the DLI Statue. My father served for 22 years. Sadly he died in 1980. He served in Suez.. Korea...Borneo etc. As a child growing up we travelled all over the world.  Can you imagine my dismay when the Akers Belchers took their seats. It was the only dampener on a proud day for my family. Not worthy springs to mind.....

Moose

I was there later that day to watch the parade on Palace Green and attend Evensong.  Glad I missed the Akers Belchers - I am unsure of their relevance to the proceedings.   

fred c

They have to be seen to be, "The Dahlings of the People".... lets face it if they don`t blow their own trumpets............ No one else will  ;D ;D ;D

the_exile

I reckon they get most of their fun blowing each others trumpets

lynda

The Bishop in his sermon spoke of the Durhams Motto which is FAITHFUL. He gave instances of soldiers where they had lost their own life by saving another. Where partners are faithful to each other. Where a captain is the last to leave his sinking ship. Where a company is faithful to its suppliers and its staff. And finally where a Charity is faithful to its paid staff and its volunteers.  ;)

fred c

Quote from: lynda on September 16, 2014, 09: AM
The Bishop in his sermon spoke of the Durhams Motto which is FAITHFUL. He gave instances of soldiers where they had lost their own life by saving another. Where partners are faithful to each other. Where a captain is the last to leave his sinking ship. Where a company is faithful to its suppliers and its staff. And finally where a Charity is faithful to its paid staff and its volunteers.  ;)

I am not sure any of those values apply to the shower of s**t that is presently engaged in running Hartlepool into the ground.....

But i believe you have more experience of their values than most us Lynda... "unfortunately"

lynda

Im ok fred. Three monthly payments I received from Mra, now they've stopped. I give up now. Payments only just covered the interest thats accrued. The day dad left the army  he cried. I understand why now. The army was his family, his life. And civvy street stinks x

lynda

And for you Stephen, because i know you read these posts, in army terms you deserted your men, and your not fit to clean my fathers boots.