New Indian Themed Restaurant

Started by Tommy, July 21, 2014, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tommy

Just been told about the Grand Hotel (formerly owned by the Rail Company) is opening yet another Indian Restaurant to be called Mumbai.

Should Council Officers and Elected members get the offer of a "freebee" to celebrate its launch, is there a system whereas they must declare it?

TSteels

Any gift valued £25 or higher has to be declared.

Tommy

Thank you TSteels, that is a sensible figure of a £25 allowance before you need to declare it, I suppose it will help Cllrs from being bogged down in paperwork and enable them to get on with the job at heart.

I still think they at the Grand Hotel will need an extra ordinary launch of what is an already flooded food market here in Hartlepool (Indian Style Restaurants) and this may be one to watch with reference to Gifts etc.

I can guarantee that for the first few months from launch you will see Cllrs and Sheffield Echo Staff devouring Indian Style dishes and I bet the towns UKIP Cllrs and respectful independent Cllrs wont be amongst the freebee guest list.

craig finton

I don't quite get why you are making suck a big thing about this restaurant becoming 'Indian Themed'. It was 'Italian Themed' before but apparently that didn't warrant your attention. Curries are one of the UK's favourite foods so I'm not at all surprised the owners have made the switch and good luck to them!

pensionater

I'm stumped here,has someone got proof that the Councillors are getting freebies,or is this just speculation?.

Tommy

Hi Pensionator, at this stage I was just edging my bets on the scenario of Freebees being taken up by those in power, sort of snouts in the trough.

testing times

Oh how I wish many UK citizens had the same attitudes to family, education and enterprise that Indians have.