Public Enquiry Details Announced

Started by admin, April 24, 2013, 12: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Stig of the Seaton Dump

The e-mail address looks like a HBC one, I would be more positive about sending stuff if it wasn't.

Who knows who has access to it etc.
I don't believe it.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Mr Mitchell does stress that he is the only person to hold the password to this e-mail address.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

There is always ways around passwords ...system administrators with high level access, restoring back ups to another service and examining them there.

If HBC are squeaky clean I am sure they would never employ such methods ...if they are not then who knows ?

I don't want to put people off so won't speculate any more about their integrity.
I don't believe it.

marky

well one things for sure, he won't be taking what's on this forum as evidence. If people are unhappy with what's going on then they are going to have to make the effort to say so personally to the guy, one way or another.

He's a solicitor, so he'll be looking for evidence; not hearsay and gossip.

fred c

Mr Mitchell wants the public to show him evidence, that`s a bit difficult when one of the concerns people have about the council is a lack of openness & transparency, how many issues have been raised with the council & people have got nowhere with them.

Surely Mr Mitchell can be pointed in the right direction without members of the public attempting to plough through all sorts of paperwork to get snippets of information to present to the Inquiry, although it will undoubtedly help if anyone has documented details.

He only needs to Look Through the Councillors pages on the HBC website to see who hasn`t listed their Interests in the various Charity / Voluntary organisations, on most of the forms there are often just names & addresses followed by none, none, none.

Or he could look through the lists of Councillors who are directors / trustees / managers / employees of the various Organisations that receive funding from HBC; he can then investigate any untoward links or activities that could be of a self-interest nature.

The recent Change to the Councils Constitution stopping public questions at full Council meetings must also give Mr Mitchell pause for thought, there isn`t much Openness & Transparency in "The Mob" taking that decision.

grim reaper

Mr Mitchell would do well by requesting the information from the team the Govt. sent in to suss out our council.
It didn't take long for them to unearth the shady goings-on....and a lot more that they didn't actually dare to elaborate on.  :o   :o   :o

With all due respect to Mr Mitchell, I would have felt more confident about a thorough investigation if the Govt. had picked the investigator...and not the council themselves!!   :-\

rabbit

The use of the suffix hartlepool.gov in an email address may raise some concerns, Security has been stated as one reason for selecting such a suffix.

How secure is it? The use of encrypted emails is used in some situations within public organisations and elsewhere where a higher level of security is demanded (this mirrors high security telephone lines, or supposedly secure paper documents which have been known to be left in taxis etc).

However, how can this email system work when a member of the public emails through to a higher security system?. Is there a breakdown of that security?

No matter, I guess there were other vaild reasons for using gov.uk

Is there any point anyway in providing that security of email, when at least part of the inquiry will be held in public (unless a witness wishes not to do so)?

Stevef

If anyone has doubts about emailing information to Mr Mitchell, It may be a better idea to contact him and arrange to hand over the information personally.
You are what you do. It is what it does. Everything else is illusion or Delusion.