Lost in the Post

Started by steveL, April 15, 2013, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

I understand Drummond is organising a 'leaving do' for himself at one of those Dome Things outside of Seaton. There doesn't seem to be many tickets going out - mostly to officers but very few to sitting councillors.

I understand that all members of the Labour Group have been sent invitations - all with the wrong venue printed on them  ;D

Last Thursday's meeting was probably Drummond's last. It says much about the nasty party that they couldn't quite bring themselves to wish him well.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Lucy Lass-Tick

So much to revenge ... so little time. Wonder if Drummond is tempted by some of the more creative ways of getting his own back. Prawns sewn into the hem of an enemy's office curtains? Stickers left in phone boxes bearing a rival's mobile no. as a purveyor of  'personal services'?  :o

Stig of the Seaton Dump

I am sure they will consume themselves without the help of anybody else.

I am sure getting rid of the mayor will be as memorable as the Condems being voted in ...frying pan to fire.
I don't believe it.

fred c

Some Labour Councillors might well have wanted to attend........... But Kim Jun Cab would probably have them sent to the Gulag...... what a shower they are... i would think the more JB & PH see of this lot from the outside the Happier they will be for getting out of the snake pit

tankerville

I would have thought the Telephone Box outside the Town Hall would have been more appropriate to invite all his friends from the Labour Party.

Guests arriving to the song........ THE BACK STABBERS.

whatabouthisthen

When Drummond has gone will CAB have the Mayor's parlour and SAB Drummond's old office? Or, of course, it could be the other way round as CAB will have to have the larger one!

:-\ :'(

mk1

Did Dumbo invite fat Dave?
Giving the ringing 'vote of confidence' he gave the man you would think he would.................................

steveL

I don't think there's much in it, these days. CAB will need the higher ceiling to avoid the hair playing havoc with the light fittings.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

whatabouthisthen

Well, the Mayor's Parlour does have the bar.

SAB does a lot of entertaining in there for the, in the main, faithful. Carl had his entertainment allowance taken off him - because of the cuts! It would appear that SAB has one, or is it to keep the herd in check. Certainly the booze flows.

SRMoore

The chairman does not have a 'beer allowance' anymore. The drinks that are sold in the parlour were initially bought by members and from donations and I believe it now finances itself with a small profit going into the chairmans charity.

testing times

well mine's not come yet. should I be ringing the Post Office?