Manor Residents Tribunal: 'I've Nothing To Resign For'

Started by perseus, April 13, 2013, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

for fawkes sake

One thing that hasn't been mentioned so far is the lady herself, Linda Gooding. I don't know her, obviously, but whoever she is, she has reason to be proud of herself this weekend for what she achieved on Friday. I would imagine that there was a lot of worry and stress involved and she did well to see it through.

I think we can all take heart in what she achieved; she knew something wasn't right and was prepared to stand up for it.

There's a lesson there for us all.

"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

fred c

Quote from: for fawkes sake on April 14, 2013, 03: PM
One thing that hasn't been mentioned so far is the lady herself, Linda Gooding. I don't know her, obviously, but whoever she is, she has reason to be proud of herself this weekend for what she achieved on Friday. I would imagine that there was a lot of worry and stress involved and she did well to see it through.

I think we can all take heart in what she achieved; she knew something wasn't right and was prepared to stand up for it.

There's a lesson there for us all.

Excellent point.... Mrs Gooding must have had an awful lot of stress & i would imagine pressure put on her from differing directions, she is deserves the thanks of not only her former work colleagues but the public Hartlepool.

It can`t have been easy for her & her family, hopefully she will stay positive & upbeat about things..... Well Done to her.

fred c

Quote from: Paul75 on April 14, 2013, 02: PM
Me and the lads were talking about this 'shower of s---e' in the council in the pub last night as someone mentioned Pam Hargreaves getting chucked out of the Labour Party and some of the things that were being said on this site. I came on here when it first got going and thought it was a bit rubbish to be honest as it was all winging and personal but havingread whats on here now, i think more people should be reading it. seems tome that there's loads of stuff going on in the council that people should know about! I read the Hartlepool Mail and there's nowt about this stuff in it?

I was at school with Pam, we used to take the mick out of her and say she'd be the next Maggie Thatcher - funny that in the same week she's popped her clogs, Pam gets chucked out of her beloved party - she used the bore the pants of us when it was election time. well we were only 16 for gods sake.

What will happen to Pam now? Does anyone know her?

Is there anything that can be done about these dodgy CouncillorLocal btw?

Good to see your post Paul75........... can`t disagree with you about some of us being world class whingers at times, but as you have finally realised it`s with good reason.

What can you do to Help..... Well as a first step you can email the borough solicitor (his email address is on this thread somewhere) & complain officially about the Manor Residents employee who was forced into taking them to a tribunal.

You can also help by telling your family & friends about this site, the more people who read it means that more people may actual take part in local affairs...... you never know.... we could all meet up on the steps of the civic if things don`t improve.

Maybe you could offer Ms Hargreaves & her other half a helping hand if it comes down to By-Elections being called.............. although i think Akers Belcher & his Labour Mob would be crazy to go down that road.............. The way they are going...... the present Labour MP might be looking for another job come the next GE.

whatabouthisthen

Don't forget that this lady, I use the term loosely, belongs to the cadre that is overseeing the executive side of the Council. If this is a sign of her competence (incompetence!) and the other Councillors, then surely we are buried in mire up-to our necks. Who will dig us out?
We should have a re-run of last year's election so we can vote them all out.

As for CAB, don't forget that he is also employed, yes EMPLOYED, by HVDA. Reported salary between £20K and £30K p.a. His job? Health Watch Manager, so I doubt that he will defend keeping Hartlepool's hospital.

lynda

I AM LYNDA GOODING, I THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS, THESE LAST FEW MONTHS HAVE NOT BEEN EASY. JUSTICE HAS BEEN DONE IN MY CASE, I ONLY COMMENT NOW TO CORRECT AN ERROR MADE EARLIER. JULIE MEGGISON  IS MY FRIEND AND NEIGHBOUR, AND GIVES OF HER TIME TO VOLUNTEER AT MANOR RESIDENTS, AND IS NOT AND NEVER HAS BEEN THE OWNER OF A CLEANING COMPANY. LIKE YOU SAID EARLIER YOU MIGHT HAVE MADE AN ERROR. JULIE SITS ON THE BOARD AS DO OTHERS FROM THE ESTATE. MY ONLY WISH IS TO NOW GET ON WITH MY LIFE WHICH HAS BEEN IN LIMBO FOR MONTHS, AND TO FIND A JOB WHICH I AM FINDING DIFFICULT, PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYERS MIGHT BE DUBIOUS ABOUT TAKING SOMEONE ON WHO TOOK THEIR PREVIOUS EMPLOYER TO A TRIBUNAL. BUT I WOULD NOT CHANGE THE FACT THAT I DID. AS YOU ALL KNOW IT IS NOT MY ACTIONS THAT BRING DOWN ANGIE WILCOX ONLY HER  OWN, I WILL NOT COMMENT FURTHER.

Private Fraser

"Those who are capable of tyranny are capable of perjury to sustain it."

Lucy Lass-Tick

Well said Perseus - Mrs Gooding is to be applauded for her bravery.  As you say, any of us who hear of a new job for her can let her know - maybe send her a private message with the details. P.S. I note that the Hartlepool Mail website has just 'reprinted' the article, and is now allowing comments from the public.

lynda

fred c

Now would be a good time for Hartlepool Borough Council to require a Cleaning Lady, not only would Lynda make an excellent cleaner for the Civic, she would also be on hand to demonstrate to some of our Councillors how to act with Dignity, Class, Honesty, & Integrity.

Thank you for updating us all on your situation Lynda, & as perseus said..... we all wish you well in your search for a new job, you obviously have qualities that an enlightened employer would value highly.

steveL

Hi Linda and thanks for making an appearance even if it's just for the once. I'll correct the spelling mistake on the front page (Linda) - hate it when people spell my own name with a 'v'. In my defence, I got the name (and its spelling) from The Mail

Having been through a tribunal myself, I know the stress involved (I lost 2 stone which I quickly put back on, starting with a celebratory steak afterwards  ;D) . I also know of the self-doubt that creeps in and the tricks used to try and get you to give up.

I hope you had your own little celebration afterwards. I'm so pleased you dug your heels in and saw it through and I'm delighted at the result. I hope it encourages anyone else who finds themselves being taken advantage of by a greedy and unscrupulous employer that they don't have to put up with it.

Lots of people from HBC read these pages and by far the majority of them also know the difference between right and wrong. I suggest someone from HBC does the decent thing and thinks of Lynda the next time there's a suitable vacancy - if only to prove that not many people connected with HBC are anything like Ms Wilcox - and we can all be grateful for that.   ;)
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

not4me

well I've cast my vote,will be interesting to see how this goes. I can see Angie getting all her slave-labourers tapping away - assuming she's paid her Internet bill that is.

http://www.hartlepoolpost.co.uk/

fred c

Quote from: not4me on April 15, 2013, 12: PM
well I've cast my vote,will be interesting to see how this goes. I can see Angie getting all her slave-labourers tapping away - assuming she's paid her Internet bill that is.

http://www.hartlepoolpost.co.uk/

You might well be right about that.... in the last 10 minutes another 16 Guests have looked at the thread.......

marky

SRMoore

The government today announces that the National Minimum Wage will be increased.

Ohh dear! ;)

smileyjoiner

Its shocking shes been getting away with not paying people their wages when theyve been working for her I wonder if Lynda Gooding is the only one that hasnt been getting paid. Do you think Angie Wilcox will stand down?