Manor Residents Tribunal: 'I've Nothing To Resign For'

Started by perseus, April 13, 2013, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

News travels fast. We've already been contacted by The Daily Mail over this. CAB needs to nip this one in the bud before it runs away from him.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

whatabouthisthen

I agree with SteveL that template letters, jointly signed letters and petitions that act as a complaint or objection are not counted as individual submissions, at least by this Council.
May I suggest you address your complaints to Mr Tom Mitchell, Barrister, who is the Chair into the public inquiry. He will be taking up his post in the near future. If you want to find out more about this guy, he is a member of the Fountain Chambers, Middlesbrough. I understand that he features on their website although I haven't looked as yet.
A copy sent to Devlin would be advisable and advantageous or jointly address your letter so each knows the other has also been notified.

In view of the mistrust we have about our Councillors, I strongly suggest that you hand in your letters personally at the Civic and ask for a signed receipt. If you use email, then copy every Councillor and make sure they see all the addressees no bcc. Surely some of them will have the decency to accept the complaints and act accordingly.

TSteels

If you look on the charities commission website Manor Residents documents  are 73 days overdue! Hasn't this happened before?

And Council Chairman, Stephen Akers-Belcher is on the board!!!! He should resign too!

I don't know how to put the page on here - can someone help?

http://www.charity-commission.gov.uk/Showcharity/RegisterOfCharities/CharityWithPartB.aspx?RegisteredCharityNumber=1121121&SubsidiaryNumber=0

There you go

fred c

Quote from: steveL on April 14, 2013, 11: AM
News travels fast. We've already been contacted by The Daily Mail over this. CAB needs to nip this one in the bud before it runs away from him.

Hi TSteels.... welcome to HTH, the more the merrier

I hope he hasn`t got the nous to nip it in the bud & let The Mail / Private Eye / Whoever, get into them, "The Mob" have made Hartlepool a laughing stock & its about time they were given the bullet.

Any councillor who attempts to defend what goes on within the managerial structure of Manor Residents should be treated with extreme suspicion..... "If it Smells Like Sh*t..... Looks Like Sh*t...... Chances are It Will Be Sh*t".

What goes on with Manor Residents... Yet again as mentioned by TSteels there appears to problems with there accountancy procedures, & considering they are part funded by the ratepayers we should expect our Councillors & Finance Officers to make the organisation Accountable.

marky

If you visit the Charity Commission site from the link above it shows that the total income for Manor Residents stands at £892,539 - you need to look twice at that figure . . . and it's all been under the control of this woman.

And they wonder why people want to ask questions . . .  :o 

fred c

Quote from: marky on April 14, 2013, 12: PM
If you visit the Charity Commission site from the link above it shows that the total income for Manor Residents stands at £892,539 - you need to look twice at that figure . . . and it's all been under the control of this woman.

And they wonder why people want to ask questions . . .  :o

HBC should be employing a "Forensic Accountant" to look into where the money goes or has Gone.... Ratepayers help to fund this discreditted organisation & should be entitled to know the facts about it.

steveL

I didn't realise that both Stephen Akers-Belcher and Paul Beck were Trustees of Manor Residents. This is an extract from the Families First Accounts on the role of Trustees:

"Trustees meet regularly  to determine the general policy of the charity and to review its overall management and control to ensure that their legal responsibilities are discharged. Trustees carry out assessments of risks facing the charity. External risks from funding are mitigated by seeking diversification where necessary and appropriate to secure activities. Internal risks are minimised by maintaining sufficient procedures to appropriately authorise projects and underlying transactions to maintain quality of delivery from all charitable operations."

In other words, the Trustees are there to ensure that things are done properly and legally - ooops!

If you ever have a spare minute, it's worth having a look at the way the accounts of Families First are presented and then comparing them to the fag-packet accounts of Manor Residents. It gives you some idea of just how slack Manor Residents (and now Who Cares(NE)) has always been and what sheer madness it is to have handed over real money to this organisation.

Can I just say that it says a lot about Angie Wilcox that she didn't even bother to turn up at the Tribunal and has refused to comment since. Worth mentioning too that we're still waiting for The Mail to report on her Tuesday court appearance over the alleged £2,000 damages claim over her previous tenancy.

Families First http://www.charity-commission.gov.uk/Showcharity/RegisterOfCharities/DocumentList.aspx?RegisteredCharityNumber=1002009&SubsidiaryNumber=0&DocType=AccountList

Manor Residents http://www.charity-commission.gov.uk/Showcharity/RegisterOfCharities/DocumentList.aspx?RegisteredCharityNumber=1121121&SubsidiaryNumber=0&DocType=AccountList
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Isn't it funny how this is about paying minimum wage when HBC is looking at paying a living wage !

If no direct action is reported very soon then it will be positive proof at how rotten things are.

As for the Mail reporting this as a gaffe, they are just making it ever more clear how far in bed they are with HBC.
I don't believe it.

steveL

I would suggest that some people within HBC should start entering Holme House on their Sat Navs

DRiddle

I don't really want to comment directly on this as to a certain extent is crosses over on the issue I have raised a complaint about already with HBC, concerning the matter Perseus mentions above.

All I will say, is that I have been trying for over two months to gain an answer as to whether anything is going to happen regarding my complaint, and as yet I've haven't got anywhere.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

I don't believe it.

Paul75

Me and the lads were talking about this 'shower of s---e' in the council in the pub last night as someone mentioned Pam Hargreaves getting chucked out of the Labour Party and some of the things that were being said on this site. I came on here when it first got going and thought it was a bit rubbish to be honest as it was all winging and personal but havingread whats on here now, i think more people should be reading it. seems tome that there's loads of stuff going on in the council that people should know about! I read the Hartlepool Mail and there's nowt about this stuff in it?

I was at school with Pam, we used to take the mick out of her and say she'd be the next Maggie Thatcher - funny that in the same week she's popped her clogs, Pam gets chucked out of her beloved party - she used the bore the pants of us when it was election time. well we were only 16 for gods sake.

What will happen to Pam now? Does anyone know her?

Is there anything that can be done about these dodgy CouncillorLocal btw?

The Great Dictator

Pam will remain on the council as an independent so her future is secure for now.

She's a clever lass and is NOT an embarrassment to the town like others i could mention.

The only way to remove the shower of sh*te is to vote them out.

The MAIL could play their part by publicising their wrongdoings but choose not to.

not4me

Isn't it quite common to see 'Independent Labour' on ballot papers? If I was Mr A/Belcher, I should think a bi-election is the last thing I would want right now. In any case, I reckon both Mr and  Mrs would sail through it and that would leave Mr A/Belcher looking pretty silly.

Unles Wilcox quickly goes the same way as Brash then I think the game's up for Labour.

fred c

Quote from: DRiddle on April 14, 2013, 01: PM
I don't really want to comment directly on this as to a certain extent is crosses over on the issue I have raised a complaint about already with HBC, concerning the matter Perseus mentions above.

All I will say, is that I have been trying for over two months to gain an answer as to whether anything is going to happen regarding my complaint, and as yet I've haven't got anywhere.

I don`t want to knock your pan in DRiddle, but i made a complaint about an elected member of the council & it took 16 months of emailing, writing & phoning the borough solicitors dept before i finally got a wodge of A4 papers saying no action would be taken..... Don`t hold your breath...lol