British Justice

Started by tankerville, April 03, 2013, 04: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tankerville

Can readers make any sense of this because to be honest.. I can't?

Case number one; Male 'repeat offender' fined £100 including costs for burglary.

Case number two; Male failing to notify change of ownership for a moped fined £200 with £90 costs & £15 victim surcharge.

Case number three; Female travelling over 30 mph fined £120 with £50 costs & £15 victim surcharge.

British Justice I think not!

steveL

I saw something elsewhere today that compared the penalties of falling behind with your council tax payments and the likes of burglary. You're right Tank - we seem to have taken a wrong turning somewhere.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

tankerville

Worse yet is this; If an offender re-offends the fines imposed for previous crimes are quashed so he/she goes on offending without paying a penny.

This came to light when a mates car window was smashed he caught the two of them the police arrested them sent to court and had to pay compensation for the damage to his vehicle.

He received,,,,,,,,,,,,,,42p

It cost him £135.00 to replace and keeping his No Claims Bonus and also losing a day's wage.

They re-offended so never got another penny.. JUSTICE!

norfolkngoode

British Justice...... Is there any?
The perpetrators of crimes' rights are considered to be paramount, and the victims are generally ignored.
Completely backward and ultra PC like most things in this country.
'They don't like it up em'