What Class do you belong to?

Started by whatabouthisthen, April 03, 2013, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whatabouthisthen

I hope that mk1 and his fellow comrades find this interesting.
It could be amusing for the rest of you find out what class you now belong to - any volunteers?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22000973

Lucy Lass-Tick

I distinctly remember my late father saying that anyone who works for a living is working class ...   ;)

steveL

A lot of grief stems from the British obsession for dividing people into groups or classes; a habit promoted and perpetuated by those insecure enough to gain comfort from any form of statistical or analytical recognition of their own 'superior' status.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QereR0CViMY
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

whatabouthisthen

Something I was told as well, Lucy Lass-Tick, and I did believe it but I don't think that it is true anymore if it ever was.

Moot point though, if you stop working e.g. Because of Forced retirement, disability or unemployment, do you stop being working class?

fred c

What is Class ??????

I was in company 1 afternoon with some fellas... mostly jobbing builders, plumbers, plasterers etc, so i suppose you would say Working Class Lads.

A really pleasant bunch & good company to a man........ Well almost, 1 happened to be a Knight of The Realm ( I Kid You Not ) his father had been a Sir & he followed on with the Title..... I only found this out the following day though.

This bloke although he was from the Titled classes, was a complete & total ar*ehole, he Dodged His round, Ate most of the Buffet Grub & Belched & Farted in mixed company.............

No Class Whatsoever

As a Rag ar** working man i felt quite superior for a coupls of days afterwards.

SRMoore

Knighthoods aren't hereditary Fred. Farting was not the only thing he did with his ar*e. :)

fred c

Your right Shane.... I was led to believe he was a Sir & his missus was a Lady......... And No i wasn`t Name Dropping........ But he was a very accomplished Farter

steveL

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

Quote from: fred c on April 03, 2013, 07: PM
.. But he was a very accomplished Farter

Was his partner a good mutter?

mk1

Quote from: SRMoore on April 03, 2013, 02: PM
Knighthoods aren't hereditary.

........but are available to suit all pockets.
See your preferred  Political Party  for an up to date price list