And so it goes on....

Started by DRiddle, April 02, 2013, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred c

How Very Dare You........ I am not a Toddler, But i do admit to Throwing Jelly at the wall.

Not sure about another letter from Geds mate...........

OXO = Beef Stock

KNORR = Chicken Stock

Geds m8 = Laughing Stock

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: fred c on April 02, 2013, 09: PM
How Very Dare You........ I am not a Toddler, But i do admit to Throwing Jelly at the wall.

Not sure about another letter from Geds mate...........

OXO = Beef Stock

KNORR = Chicken Stock

Geds m8 = Laughing Stock

Mea culpa  ;D (an ancient form of panettone, should we have enough tins)  ;)

tankerville

WE AINT PAYING A SINGLE PENNY...Councillor Angela Willcox statement to the LABOUR masses outside the Civic Centre.
It does not seem right somehow, in fact it makes this town a laughing stock, Sorry Fred.

SRMoore

One does worry when the person in charge of delivering a publicly funded debt advice service is suggesting that those affected by this benefit cut should refuse to 'pay a penny'. This type of statement may make a brilliant soundbite but it will result in a problem with rent arrears, further debt problems and ultimately homelessness after being evicted.

steveL

Is Angie in charge of a debt advice service? That can't be so, surely. If it is , then its one step too far into a parallel universe . . .
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

rabbit

I am not a supporter of our Town Council, and I dare say if the councillors` pay was increased to match the average of the other
North East towns, we could see little benefit on performance.

But as the old saying goes,

If you pay people peanuts, you get monkeys.

Q.E.D.

fred c

Quote from: rabbit on April 03, 2013, 10: AM
I am not a supporter of our Town Council, and I dare say if the councillors` pay was increased to match the average of the other
North East towns, we could see little benefit on performance.

But as the old saying goes,

If you pay people peanuts, you get monkeys.

Q.E.D.

I think you will find HBC does not pay "Peanuts".......... Witness the elevated Income of Cab only this week....... CEO salary approx £150,000.... Directors salary approx £130,000 Various Deputy Directors approx £87,000..... Deputy CEO approx £80,000.

If your comments are directed towards elected councillors, i have to say there are extremely competent councillors in the various groups, & it is misleading to Tar all councillors with "The Mobs" Brush.

rabbit

The pay review was for Councillors , not Chief Executive Officers and other senior permanent staff.

Yes, there will be some good councillors amongst the total 33. And these ones may well justify an increase in their allowance towards the regional average. But the 33 as a whole, I won`t hold my breath.

The link to the Mail article now seems to be working

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/panel-recommends-allowance-rise-1-5543137