The Wesley

Started by Inspector Knacker, March 30, 2021, 10: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on April 05, 2021, 11: AM
Quote from: The Great Dictator on April 05, 2021, 10: AM

The good old days when you're parents give you a clip round the ear for saying you had just been groped by the local Priest
In my day there was not the hysteria that now surrounds this issue. You knew who the weirdos were and you avoided them if you were on your own and tormented them if you were in a gang. Just like you could pop down the docks and jump in for a swim.  Not to say it was not a problem but that children were never made to live their lives in constant fear of such people.
There would have been if they'd came to surface, but these things were hushed up depending on your social standing. Priests could get away with it thanks to the blind obedience of their congregation and a belief such things were not possible ..... and what passed for a less than informative media.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on April 05, 2021, 04: PM
. Priests could get away with it thanks to the blind obedience of their congregation and a belief such things were not possible ..... and what passed for a less than informative media.

As both GD and I went to the same school (run by Friars/Priests) I think we know what went on.

akarjl2

Quote from: mk1 on April 05, 2021, 05: PM
As both GD and I went to the same school (run by Friars/Priests) I think we know what went on.

Mmmm interesting I went to the same school -  don't recall any of the priests/brothers trying to make a glove puppet out of ME. Theso Called PE teacher was a sadistic thug however.
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

mk1

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on April 05, 2021, 05: PM
Quote from: Inspector Knacker on April 05, 2021, 04: PM
. Priests could get away with it thanks to the blind obedience of their congregation and a belief such things were not possible ..... and what passed for a less than informative media.

Thank God ...... or whoever... I went to a state school.

akarjl2

Quote from: mk1 on April 05, 2021, 06: PM
Jack?

Yep and his nutcase priest brother who had a nervous breakdown.

The Great Dictator

Their only vice at school was alcohol that I know of.

I always thought Jack was a fair man, other teachers were far worse.

akarjl2

Not wishing to waste energy, time or breath on the piece of s**t, imho he was a sadistic bully....if you were not a gifted natural footballer, cricketer or athlete he made your life a misery. I suffered from asthma and had surgery also shortly after starting at the school. J sneered at me, ridiculed anyone who didn't fit in with his concept of "right" and belittled anyone who was not part of his chosen few.On one occasion threatened me with cane and expulsion for something I hadn't done. 15 years later as a ultra fit black belt I had my time with him in a pub and told him his fortune. Hopefully he's dead now, if not suffering on his own. Last I will say about him.

mk1

There was an American Brother there who always went in the changing rooms with the boys when we visited the Baths. He used to sit 'akimbo', always. I vividly remember Jack making a classmate cry in class. The boy (TP) lived the far side of Middlesbrough and  used to get to school a little after 9 (bus connections) and Jack started calling him when he walked late in to his class  .After a long tirade the  boy broke down and explained he only had his mother and she really put herself out to get him there despite her own job. Jack was having none of it and he called him a little girl and he should try 'being a man' and stop blubbering.   The Physics teacher there once slapped me so hard in the face during a lesson that my nose started bleeding but it was such a common everyday thing no one even blinked, thought it unusual or worthy of a complaint .

You have to have been taught by Catholic Nuns/Priest/Brothers  to realise how hands-on' they all were when it came to discipline.

The Great Dictator

I found the Nuns at the Convent prep school much worse !

akarjl2

like i said J was a sadist i hope he's rotting in hell or choking for breath somewhere on his own bricking it about heading to whatever hell he deserves.

mk1

According to Facebook (about 6 months back)still around and a regular  churchgoer

akarjl2

Quote from: mk1 on April 06, 2021, 01: PM
According to Facebook (about 6 months back)still around and a regular  churchgoer

Disappointing, can't have long left now hopefully.

Inspector Knacker

Thank god or whoever for Boss Howard..

stokoe

Who was the dodgy priest at cuthies father fit*p**ri** .? Glad I went to bedes 😮