Middleton Cabin Owners issue a press release.

Started by Lucy Lass-Tick, January 26, 2019, 07: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grumblstiltskin

This is an absolute disgrace, anybody reading this must be online, we should stop this, we really should. Any ideas people because this needs to stop NOW!

Lucy Lass-Tick

There was a suggestion by HBC that the two groups met up to iron out what was wanted/feasible but hopes that TVCA could work wonders (which wasn't ever truly an option - being completely out of their remit) seemed to cloud the issue. So the talks never happened and here we are. Maybe we can (between us all) effect some sort of eleventh hour salvation for the cabin owners and the Wildcats of Middleton. Gnasher will no doubt have his own thoughts on the matter.

Johnny Bongo

So, TVCA gave the cabin owners some hope, only to let them down at the last minute?  Makes me wonder if HBC had a hand in 'persuading' TVCA not to go ahead!  Forgive my ignorance but do HBC lease the land from PD ports and then sub let it to Middleton Cabin Owners? If so, HBC will lose the rent but still be paying for the lease.  What's PD ports opinion on all this?  If the land is not going to be used for anything else, then why are HBC wanting them off?  I can understand that rent needs to be paid and that it cannot be subsidised due to cuts in Council funding...but when you look at how much money has been given to 'certain' charitable causes in Hartlepool over the last few years, then £17K is peanuts!   I sincerely hope that the cabin owners come to a mutually beneficial arrangement and that they can stay.  I also hope that whoever it is in HBC that thinks it's a good idea to turf folks out of their cabins, get's their cumeuppance soon! 

Lucy Lass-Tick

HBC do lease the land from PD Ports and then sub let to the cabins. In fairness to TVCA, however, it was third parties who (misguidedly) hoped that TVCA could deliver something completely out of their remit. The problem is that Middleton Cabins didn't acknowledge this in time. Once again, to be fair, HBC did reach out to the Middleton Cabin owners last autumn but the misguided hopes of TVCA's intervention meant that this wasn't properly explored.

Johnny Bongo

So who exactly benefits from evicting the cabin owners?  HBC?  No rent/ lease money from MCO.  PD Ports?  Same money from HBC.  I cannot figure out just what HBC expect to gain by this.  They are alienating a group of people whose social lives and hobbies will be eliminated through no fault of their own, all because HBC can't get the money they want!  Funny how they let certain people off with £1000's for business rates and don't demand the 106 money from house builders!  Remind us all again just how much HBC could have collected in the last few years.  Let's not even mention the price of carpets! 

Lucy Lass-Tick

Inspector Knacker

It always strikes me some 'projects' are more equal than others. I doubt there's many votes in fighting for a group of men quietly enjoying their hobby/pastime in a small isolated community setting. They'll just to have to make their hobby more 'sexy' to appeal to the masses or grow bigger elbows to survive in this travesty of a situation.
So sad, because a couple of moths after it's cleared, it'll be a fly tipped eyesore with sea views.
Another little piece of Hartlepool history sinks quietly away.
At least we'll have the consolation of new street furniture in Stockton Street, all pointless flamboyance and adornment as the town turns into a third rate Garden of Babylon.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

fred c

Where's Hartlepools "Istry & Eritige"  champion in all of this, they can threaten a business owner because his front door does not comply with heritage rules, but sit back and do nothing about a long standing traditional feature of Middleton.

What boils many peoples urine about this is the vast amount of public money that has been dished out to councillor run 'Businesses'.......

mr ben

This makes me feel very angry when you look at what belcher  and his pipe dreams cost .. HBC rolled over when the marina got developed and the Middleton ramp was taken away from the people . This town really needs to wake up , labour is not working for its towns folk it working to keep its useless  Councillors  in a job ..

Inspector Knacker

I see the suits and the latter day Regency Dandy's of politics as having no comprehension of things like the Middleton Cabins. They inhabit a sterile world incapabable of understanding the core value of such vital building blocks of the greater community.
We, as a town, are 'lead' by dim narcissists leading us nowhere other than dormitory town ignominy. I see no real vision for our town from them other than their twee beautification projects that ironically make things worse.
Things like the cabins are part of the fabric of the town, we seem to keep losing things we took for granted, courts, hospital, now policing. Now the little things are slipping away.

Inspector Knacker

In the bigger picture, the amount in question is negligible. I suspect the time spent over a long period having countless meetings with different bodies, the paperwork, even the costs associated discussing it will come to a total not much different from the amount needed.

Hartlepudlion

The huts probably don't fit in with the CABs stylish vision of the town. Too untidy. Then again, the same thing could be said of the Seaton huts. Whoops! Silly me! They're beach huts.

Perhaps they are simply not cat persons.

Still time for a white knight to ride in before May's election. Where is doc pothole? Oh! He's supposedly gone back to where he came from with his tale between his legs.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Hartlepudlion on February 27, 2019, 07: AM
The huts probably don't fit in with the CABs stylish vision of the town. Too untidy. Then again, the same thing could be said of the Seaton huts.
The use of the words 'stylish' and 'vision' are words I don't usually associate with them, but 'Too untidy' does.
Mind you, in contrast to the Seaton 'beach side retreats' (huts), your huts are actually being used.
Have you considered painting your huts in various pastel shades with twee novelty features to appeal to a more trendy cosmopolitan clientele and they may then cough up the cash.
Just a thought.