Seaton Huts

Started by jeffh, September 04, 2018, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffh

It appears that HBC have purchased 3 of the 8 huts at Seaton - do we think that was the lan all along or are they part of the vision.

On the same subject it seems that the delay in completion has been down to HBC restricting access during the holiday period.  I am also hearing the council is also restricting access to Jomast who want to get a crane in to repair the roof of the Wesley - I thought SAB said they were fully supportive in all efforts to get the Wesley repaired asap - and stuff!

fred c

£6 million shortfall in council finances and they think purchasing 3 10x8 beach huts will sort the problem......total wuckfits

jeffh

Quote from: jeffh on September 04, 2018, 05: PM
It appears that HBC have purchased 3 of the 8 huts at Seaton - do we think that was the intention all along as part of the vision.

On the same subject it seems that the delay in completion has been down to HBC restricting access during the holiday period.  I am also hearing the council is also restricting access to Jomast who want to get a crane in to repair the roof of the Wesley - I thought SAB said they were fully supportive in all efforts to get the Wesley repaired asap - and stuff!
[/quote

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: fred c on September 04, 2018, 06: PM
£6 million shortfall in council finances and they think purchasing 3 10x8 beach huts will sort the problem......total wuckfits
Could be earmarked as a retirement home for the Royal couple after the coup.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

kevplumb

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on September 05, 2018, 12: AM
Quote from: fred c on September 04, 2018, 06: PM
Could be earmarked as a retirement home for the Royal couple after the coup.
must admit it crossed my mind  ;D
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Stig of the Seaton Dump

They look a mess or in other words are sympathy the surrounding area.

I don't believe it.

Inspector Knacker

On a serious note, on my travels sound the UK coast I was in Wells next the sea in Norfolk where dredging was taking place and accidentally discovered a mass of beach huts on the shoreline. All to a set basic design with no amenities and the beach was very busy. The small beach huts are privately owned by the user and because of this they end up going to them on a very regular basis with their families, rather like having a fixed caravan you end up with regular visitors. It also means people take an interest in them as they're their little place by the sea.
Renting one for the day is not quite the same.
The stretch of promenade from Newburn car park up towards the Staincliffe would be ideal, most resorts encourage this now.
However this is Hartlepool. Therefore a handful of expensive ones (that have took longer to assemble than the average cruise liner) at a crowded location will tick all the boxes for them.

mk1

Inspector Knacker

But in most places they don't. Especially when owned by the user.

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on September 30, 2018, 06: PM
But in most places they don't. Especially when owned by the user.
Last time I was going to rent one was in 1970. I was with a girl and it was too windy for the sand dunes. Asked how much it was and it was 10 bob(50p). Decided I could use the money better elsewhere..........

Inspector Knacker

Obviously you were going to compare sea shell sizes you'd collected and needed a bit of privacy. ;) :)

Lord Elpus

People were measuring the site for the crazy golf course yesterday.  I thought they had abandoned the idea.  Bugger!

Inspector Knacker

I cannot begin o understand how a ''crazy golf course' can be even considered in that location.
I get the distinct impression that the town is administered by people who travel in to run our lives but have no idea about the town.

Johnny Bongo

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on October 01, 2018, 06: AM
I cannot begin o understand how a ''crazy golf course' can be even considered in that location.
I get the distinct impression that the town is administered by people who travel in to run our lives but have no idea about the town.

They have NO IDEA full stop!

fred c

I noticed 1 of the huts has still to be completed.... I have no idea who is responsible for there construction, but I have worked on oil and gas modules that were completed in a shorter time............As for the Crazy Golf, someone must have a shed load of money he want's lose  ::)