French Polish

Started by steveL, March 14, 2017, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

President CAB has been at it again, I gather. This time he's splashed out on having his desk french-polished.

Apparently, there was a coffee mug ring left on the surface from Drummond's days and poor CAB found that he couldn't stop staring at it. This triggered a spending spree and something of an office refurbishment aimed at removing all traces of Drummond.

Total cost has been estimated at around £4,000 for the french polishing, a nice glass top, new pictures and other refurbishments. I understand that the carpet tiles have also been replaced after the colour was deemed unsuitable for paranoid, megalomaniacs.

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Inspector Knacker

Could anyone recommend a polish that could remove all traces of the present incumbent ?
Then organise a whip round for an industrial size drum of MayorGone commercial  polish. The whip round may be over subscribed.
Any chance the mark was his own reflection?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

DRiddle

My understanding is that this is NOT true. It was a rumour circulated originating from deep within the civic. I have it on record from a very senior officer that the council leader has definitely NOT had any refurbishment work done on his desk. 

Somebody is either misinformed or is deliberately being mischievous.

There seems to be many of these whispers leaking out lately, some of which seem to be unfounded.

Johnny Bongo

Quote from: DRiddle on March 14, 2017, 04: PM
My understanding is that this is NOT true. It was a rumour circulated originating from deep within the civic. I have it on record from a very senior officer that the council leader has definitely NOT had any refurbishment work done on his desk. 

Somebody is either misinformed or is deliberately being mischievous.

There seems to be many of these whispers leaking out lately, some of which seem to be unfounded.

So...no French polishing on the brown ring on the desk!  I'll be able to relax now...once I get certain images out of my mind!

steveL

As we are now on what I think is version 6 of the truth coming from' Senior Officers 'surrounding Carpetgate, I'll take that with a pinch of salt.

A tip for Senior Officers: Start by telling the truth in the first place then we won't have to go through all of the intermediate stages one by one. I know it's a new concept for you but give it a try.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Heknocks68

If someone could sneak past all the armed guards at the kremlin, avoid all the laser beams that protect the valuable recently polished table and take a pic, then extract themselves without discovery, perhaps the chapter of the brown ring could be exposed or dispelled once and for all, but if your discovered the penalty could be severe, up to a £4000 fine and a weekend of public humiliation sprucing up flagpoles and cleaning the war memorial weed bins.

steveL

Heard from more than one person that Calamity Chris has thrown something of a wobbler over this and is trying to find out the source.

DRiddle

If there's any truth in this it's going to get very awkward.

fred c

Quote from: steveL on March 19, 2017, 04: PM
Heard from more than one person that Calamity Chris has thrown something of a wobbler over this and is trying to find out the source.

I heard it from someone on the third floor...... apparently he desperately wants to know who let the cat out of the bag...... quite how he will manage that i have no idea........ the likelyhood is, that the more officers are pressurised..... the more they will feel the need to drop these little snippets of information about his dropped b****cks.

mk1

Quote from: DRiddle on March 19, 2017, 04: PM
If there's any truth in this it's going to get very awkward.

Things have turned ugly already. Springer is in a meltdown. He says we have just voted to get rid of our Poles and now the Council want to import one from France!

Heknocks68

Oh me oh my goodness, how many letters sent out at £40.00 a shot,  band 11 allegedly multiples, 2ndry consultations, this is how its going to be, and another letter @ £40 to say ,its all on pause now, and senior manager new zero about it, out of interest, who the f*c* is in charge £40x30 x 3 ctax x 3.9 precept, a joke anybody need any carpet tiles for the bog