the untouchables...

Started by marky, September 06, 2012, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marky

isn't this just another example of HBC being at the wrong end of any comparison... it can't possibly be anything to do with their chief shop steward also being President of the local Labour constituency party. I don't know what is worse, paying more than anyone else or the sheer lack of subtlety.....they really don't give a f*c* do they?

Vincent

Quote: - It's the sort of question you would think would be asked by the local Conservative councillors or an enquiring local newspaper. However, with the local Conservatives effectively in coalition with the local Labour group and the local Newspaper acting as the in-house mouthpiece of both then it's unlikely that we'll ever be given an answer - no more than we have heard an explanation for those generous car allowances.

What about the rather silent so called Putting Hartlepool First councillors??

When are they going to front up and start asking hard questions and making it public??

marky

With respect, Vincent, that's not really much of an answer is it if all it amounts to is that if PHF aren't asking the questions then why should anyone else?
It's the Tory Chairman, Eric Pickles who has announced that he is going to tackle the widespread funding of public sector unions through the taxpaper so is it not reasonable for me to suggest that the local Tories would be expected to take his lead and ask about the local situation.
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crackdown-on-union-activists-on-the-payroll-7311092.html
As for PHF, I assume that you've read the newsletters that have appeared on this forum and the PHF one is alone in highlighting the car mileage issue and which looks like it's been lifted from this website.

for fawkes sake

According th the BBC this subject will be aired on the Daily Politics today so worth an iPlayer search tonight.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

steveL

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

marky

I notice that diring the item it was said that the matter is up for debate in Parliament in the new session so it looks like some sort of changes are on the way.

marky

Looks like someone touched a nerve. Well done Shane.!

SRMoore

Quote from: marky on September 19, 2012, 12: PM
Looks like someone touched a nerve. Well done Shane.!

Thanks. Still no reply from the mayor after sending him the evidence he requested. I'll allow him 7 days before following up again.

Dog... Bone...

steveL

Yes, well done, Shane - but I wouldn't go out on a night alone for a while  ;D
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

Good point well made by Shane, a Mr Riddell ( I think ) also asked an extremely pertinent question re the retail situation in Hartlepool, they both certainly made drummond work for his money on the night.

I think Shane should give drummond a fortnight........... his head must have really been hurting, he waffled & wavered over both questions, i was there & i`m still not sure what he was on about.

Reminds me a bit of when Mr Burns promoted Homer...... DOH