Grow up people

Started by Sanddancer, November 24, 2016, 11: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sanddancer

Much of this site is now deteriorating into a very predictable and very tiresome slagfest.

The Great Dictator

Well said Sand, i've only joined and i'm thinking of leaving.

Its only one or two individuals that spout snide remarks on a daily basis, they should leave.

Admin don't seem to have a grip on it anymore.

Steely Dan

I suggest people look through Groovy Wordbender's posts on this forum and see how he contributes. One of his latest.

"Two smack heads and a trannie  :-*

Steely Dan

Or this
"Must we have this ignorant clown on this site ?"

Hpooldescendant

Quote from: Steely Dan on November 25, 2016, 07: AM
I suggest people look through Groovy Wordbender's posts on this forum and see how he contributes. One of his latest.

"Two smack heads and a trannie  :-*

As is often said on this forum "Kettle/Black"

Steely Dan

Last one
You don't like anybody or have a nice word to say about anyone, i imagine you have no friends, no confidence, no self esteem and a rather small p*nis.

I have met Mr.Belcher, Wells and others and find they are well versed in politics and business but not my cup of tea, why not put up or shut up you nasty bigot.

Land Phil

Steely Dan sure knows how to bring the worst out in people and then get all defensive when he achieves it.
Mind games and petty childishness.

You should only look down on somebody when you are helping them up, not pissing on them.

Inspector Knacker

This rash of petty arguments erupting on every topic leads smell a very large rat.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Hpooldescendant

I thought on joining this group only a couple of days ago I might be able to get one or two people engaged in some meaningful discussion about the way things are being done by the hierarchy, what is right/wrong in Hartlepool and most of all some honest facts and figures about all the  technologies we are being told are the way forward, you know! real facts as in your personal experiences of these things how have they worked for you or how much do they benefit the guy down the road how much real power or money does he get from these devices, not just the information we are fed in the politicians spin or the glossy brochures and especially the marketing strategy's by the big companies things like

Smart meters we know all consumers are silently footing the £12.1 Billion cost of installing them but they do not make it clear a smart meter will not save you £0.01 new pence.

Or electric cars, yes I know they are clean and silent and can be faster than other types of power source but the amount of little pixies needed to charge these things up every few hours of use is unbelievable do people realise how many nuclear power stations would be required for this task it certainly couldn't be achieved with renewable's.

What about the abysmal lack of care for the increasing retired population a great number among us have to watch our friends and loved ones die without even basic attention from a qualified Medic because there is no one available or it's the wrong time of day
I will bet no one will tell you the true numbers of how many patients have died in the back of an ambulance since the AE closed you would be shocked it is not just dozens.

Anyway it seems no one on this forum want's to talk facts or truth but rather fight to advance their own cause and most of all have a go at UKIP well for your information I am not or never have been a member of UKIP but have spent my whole life helping  others where I can and this includes fighting for the underdog or most bullied.

So to those who fit in this category, you know who you are please feel free to carry on with your one cause one track no one else matters crusade but this might be the reason that in the four years the forum has been running only 50 or so members have made more than 200 posts

Last point I am not a graduate and have never claimed to be, I am a worker in the True sense of the word so PLEASE PLEASE no more rubbish about grammar and punctuation I don't give a sh*t about it   

akarjl

Bloody hell a "normal"! Couldn't have put it better myself. What should be happening here is sharing of information websites blogs forums email addresses so we can all generate a s**t storm which will hopefully destroy the clowncil.

mk1

Quote from: Hpooldescendant on November 25, 2016, 09: AM

in the four years the forum has been running only 50 or so members have made more than 200 posts

You will probably hit the 200 mark by the weekend.

Inspector Knacker

What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

kevplumb

Quote from: Riddler5 on November 25, 2016, 08: AM
This rash of petty arguments erupting on every topic leads smell a very large rat.
must admit it has crossed my mind  :(
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

mk1

Quote from: kevplumb on November 25, 2016, 03: PM
Quote from: Riddler5 on November 25, 2016, 08: AM
must admit it has crossed my mind  :(

Happened many times in the past. A 'new' member arrives and swamps the forum with offensive posts. Endless argument ensues as to the real ID of the transgressor. The 'piece of grit' then has the choice of remaining an irritant or evolving into a pearl.  The mad cyclist' s debut here was 10 times worse. If behaviour does not modify then pre-mod is a sanction. Sparingly applied in the past and predominately to the legion of Mr Mr  shill accounts and the mad cyclist and/or his acolytes.

testing times

always happens when there's a lull in council activity but now that the council has decided to officially 'turn its back' on the public after previously only 'closing its ears', I would expect things to liven up somewhat.