Classic Barclay

Started by steveL, June 18, 2016, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

The Royal Navy did a 40 minute presentation at today's handover event before opening the floor to questions. After one or two reasonable questions, Barclay piped up and asked why they hadn't mentioned the part played by the division of the army HE was part of .......

The answer?  ......... "Er....because that's the Army . . . and we're the Navy" (an awkward silence followed)

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

Quote from: steveL on June 18, 2016, 01: PM
The Royal Navy did a 40 minute presentation at today's handover event before opening the floor to questions. After one or two reasonable questions, Barclay piped up and asked why they hadn't mentioned the part played by the division of the army HE was part of .......

The answer?  ......... "Er....because that's the Army . . . and we're the Navy" (an awkward silence followed)

He is trying to outdo Tug.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/veterans-organisation-to-boycott-hartlepool-bombardment-ceremony-after-council-scraps-parade-plans-1-6947605

fred c

It beggars belief, what on earth outsiders make of Hartlepool doesn't bear thinking about, no wonder the towns a laughing stock.... The only place you could take Barclay, is back to apologise  :) :) :)

steveL

I should add that Cranney's question was "How many women are in the Marines?"

These people really shouldn't be let out unaccompanied.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

2 Coincillors at the  event?
I didn't know expenses were going to be paid for attending.

Stevef

I think they were all there
You are what you do. It is what it does. Everything else is illusion or Delusion.

ashamedtobebritish

Oh no

Father Jack at his best once again

Shepherd

Seriously, did these two blockheads really ask those question, if they did, you have to ask the question "is there a brain on board".

Tell me its just a joke!

Barclay needs sectoning for his own safety because he is clearly wandering around in his own in a parallel dimension, that, or he has dementia!

Johnny Bongo

As much as it pains me to say it with reference to this...''I should add that Cranney's question was "How many women are in the Marines?"....but, with a bit of googling, the question or actually, the answer(s) are very interesting! There is one forum that I looked through called PRMC..(.Potential Royal Marine Commandos)...some very good points raised!  Not that Cranney even knows where Lympstone is!  Bet he can't even tab let alone yomp!

Land Phil

Dementia ! ...that is a new word for it or is it a name of a craft beer ?

mk1

steveL

Can't get a clear answer on this one but can someone tell me if the Wingfield Castle is included in this deal? There's a lot of assumptions here but in truth, no one seems to know.

fred c

Quote from: steveL on June 19, 2016, 02: PM
Can't get a clear answer on this one but can someone tell me if the Wingfield Castle is included in this deal? There's a lot of assumptions here but in truth, no one seems to know.

Only as a Target for the RN..... It's dropping to bits

Alnwickist

Not seeing any pictures of the thousands of visitors,or is it just me?.

fred c

A very highly placed council officer estimated 600 people were in attendance