The Intimidation Game

Started by steveL, March 19, 2016, 04: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

You would have thought that after 14 years, even the most stupid of free-loaders would have got the message that we're not the sort to allow ourselves to be intimidated - but apparently not.

. . . and so it was that yours truly received a visit from the local Police after one of the Akers-Belcher dynasty complained about the publication on this site of a photograph of Mammy Belcher's spanking new bungalow under the heading 'Who Lives in a House Like This'. It wasn't Christopher or Stephen who was complaining, of course, nor even Mammy Belcher herself but the Granddaughter supposedly worried that publicising where Mammy Belcher lives might have ramifications.

Now knowing the difference between right or wrong isn't exactly this family's strong point, so it will come as no surprise to anyone that their knowledge of the law is equally as weak. As a result, the Police had found it necessary to point out to them that taking a picture of someone's house is NOT against the law; even so, we had been nice enough to obscure the car registration plate of the car sitting on the drive (because we're that kind of people)

Opting to take on a public life automatically opens a person up to public scrutiny and those that freely choose the path of the pathological liar will inevitably find that everything connected with their activities is bound to be closely examined and publicised if necessary - in fact, we're quite determined that this will remain the case in Hartlepool where public scrutiny has been sadly lacking for years.

A woman who freely gives up her tied accommodation, boasts to anyone who will listen that she is moving into another 3 bedroomed house and then is suddenly offered a third alternative of a spanking new, council owned bungalow easily qualifies as a story with public interest especially when her son-in-law is Leader of the Council, her son,also a councillor, is a proven liar and she herself is a Labour councillor; even more especially when so many others with serious personal needs are waiting patiently on what is a growing list.

In fact, we reckon that there would be so much public interest that the matter really needs to be elevated to front page coverage rather than it being confined to this forum.

Oh well, another Calamity Christopher . . . now where did I put that story about HBC's maladministration of a £25m Tees Valley project?   
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

marky

her address is on the council's web site - doh! ::)

Land Phil

Don't be harsh on the family, they all suffer from that terrible disease, location based illness.

I hear Sandra has trouble walking up stairs when she is in her new bungalow.

It's nice that the council has a monthly fundraiser to help keep the family in the lifestyle they believe they deserve.
Donations have increased by 3.9% this year as the public are so willing to support the cause.
The family name should be a registered charity as they are such a good and needy cause.

fred c

I really do wonder why Cleveland Police haven`t had a serious word with the members of this odious clan about wasting police time.

What would they do if a `Proven Liar` asked them to call round to a member of the publics house about a non existent matter, well if it was any of us, we would be told to sling our hooks, if it was a LabTor Mob councillor they would be knocking on the door double quick.

Lord Elpus

What odious, unpleasant, manipulative, vindictive shights these so called Civic Leaders are.  I very surprised that Cleveland's Finest even considered taking any action other than telling them to 'F' off.

Keep at these people and continue to expose their sins.

Well done to all concerned especially SteveL.

tankerville

What I find most annoying is the name of the former Perth Street now Daley Close there was No one and I mean. No One did more for that particular area of the Dyke House Ward than. Two hard working people.

Muriel Boreland.& Morris Nelson

I can bet in all honesty not a single person in that area of the town know of or who this Close was named after.

She would have been the first to take this to task in allowing a Councillor to jump the housing queue when  knowing many in the Dyke House ward are in a dire need of one bedroom bungalows.

Shame also on the Mayor Mary Fleet and fellow Dyke House Labour Councillors for allowing this to happen.

Alnwickist

Fred C , you will never get Cleveland Police to get involved with HBC,use your imagination as to why.

Do the same when the loved-up couple move into their new love nest.

fred c

Thats exactly my point, I don't want CP to get involved with the The Odious Clan..... I want CP to tell them to F**k Off & Stop Wasting police time.......Instead of kissing their fat a***s & rolling up at peoples doors.

beanzontoast

You could of course vote them out in May, or am I missing something here, and I quote ( Those that keep doing the same thing get the same results )
While i am personally and morally on your side with this one the question has to be asked whether many of these topics on this forum diminish or just keep repeating themselves.

grim reaper

This is the problem SteveL, when you poke around in sewers, you will disturb all manner of detritus.
I would have thought Cleveland police would have enough on their plates investigating its own officers and trying to raise its game, rather than attend to spurious claims that, even at face value, were in no way criminal and deserving of further investigation.
If it was me, I would contact the chief con. and ask why police time was wasted on a 'non event'.
Mind you, it goes to show how the Hartlepool Post is a thorn in the side of the trough dwellers and it will, eventually, show them all for what they are worth...Zilch. Nada. Zero.

steveL

It's quite an interesting question, actually. It was made crystal clear to the ABs that taking a picture of someone's house is not against the law and how many similar pictures do we see in the papers every day? It should have been left at that, really but instead the visit took place - why? It could only have been to appease or, dare I say it, suck up to a council leader who in truth is not entitled to any special treatment from the Police.

Anyway, in fairness, the officer concerned was politeness itself and we probably would have shared a cuppa had it not been for my being in the middle of decorating.

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

notenoughsaid

It is all coming to light now (and  infact has been for sometime ) the answer to a question I asked  on this site prior to the appointment of Barry Coppinger as Police and Crime Commissioner.   The question was, to quote him, "It is vital Labour secure this  position"  made during the run up to the election WHY. It all seems clearer now.   He is hardly likely to turn against his own thefore he offers them more protection from  enquiries about  any "dodgy dealing" likely to harm the New Labour machine.   All senior officers must feel obliged not to rock the boat as they have a career to protect.   This strong position (semi political control of the police) must make it difficult to get serious allegations of offences  committed by Labour politicians that bit harder to  bring to justice.   As can be seen  by the lack of them!!!!!

Much of the above may not seem relevant to this topic but please try to look into the mind of the officer that allowed the time to be wasted...pressure from above perhaps?

DRiddle

You'd have thought they'd have realised by now to give up on the whole 'intimidation thing'.

Look at their track record so far when trying to 'get revenge' on people and intimidate then.

They tried to shut Freddie Corbett up with a visit from the boys in blue and instead it just fired him up to have a good go at 'all things Labour' at every given opportunity. Heckling Wrighty, asking awkward questions to the mob, helping to get the mayors street parade cancelled, and a regular presence at meetings, it's safe to say their attempts to intimidate Fred backfired.

Likewise I myself have been on the receiving end of solicitors letters, phone calls, numerous complaints including a call from the police about a facebook message (which had literally nothing to do with me), and 'that' phone call from Ged Hall to my former boss. What did that achieve exactly? Well, it played a big part in transforming me from being a lad who went to the occasional council meeting from time to time, to being an actual councillor. I now have a bigger platform than ever before to draw attention to issues they'd probably rather I didn't talk about.

Then of course there's SteveL and this site. He's 'survived' various character assassinations and verbal abuse dished out literally from inside the council chamber. There's been police involvement, warnings about libel, threats, abuse and a whole load of things. What's that achieved exactly? Well there are around 150,000 visits to this site every month and I genuinely believe in the fullness of time (quite soon actually) we'll see someone go to jail, in part due to this website (and it won't be steveL). Every time certain people try to intimidate him, this site gets a revamp, some interesting new stories and a whole load of new readers and contributors.

Finally there is/was Geoff Lilley. Following the police paying him a visit over the description of a certain persons unorthodox table tennis technique, was he intimidated? Well not exactly, in fact he was 'so intimidated' he co-founded his own political party which so far as had 6 different councillors elected within HBC.

Revenge is a dangerous motive.

But it's also a powerful one.

I guess we'll see just how powerful in a few weeks time.

;)

Lord Elpus

In reply to David, the irony is we are only taking about a handful of individuals, the SCAB's, Mad Dog, Wells, Cranney, Richardson and possibly Barclay (when he's sober).

The rest left to their own devices could form a decent Labour Group and work with other Councillors with a bit of help.

The good guys in the Labour Group just sit back and allow a handful of shights screw them over as well.  Crazy.

steveL

The woman 4th from the left has trouble walking and can't manage stairs at all, bless her - someone should really give her a bungalow.

oh hang on a minute - they have - and isn't that her walking the streets delivering election leaflets?