The Intimidation Game

Started by steveL, March 19, 2016, 04: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

The Photo-Opportunity: Cranney, Christopher and some Suit pretending to cut the ribbon on the Perth Street/Hurworh Street Regeneration Scheme which cost £7m of largely Government/Taxpayer's money which replaced 177 houses with 74.

HBC purchased 10 of the 74 properties at an estimated cost of over £1m with each brand new bungalow costing the council  £90,000. Nice they are too - there must have been a hell of a queue of people hoping to be allocated one. I mean, just look at this one:

So who is one of the first to occupy one of the council's houses? Just who is the lucky tenant?

Well what do you know. It's Sandra Belcher, the mum of the ex Ceremonial Mayor and now a councillor herself.

Isn't it just amazing how things work out sometimes?  ::)

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Alnwickist

I smell the stench of corruption every time the Plough horses are involved.

hartlepool sea coalers

it just gets better please someone take them to task

Lord Elpus

Over many years of being a Councillor there are some cases which stay with you and touch your heart strings.

Probably at least twice a year or more I'd be approached by people in dire need of a change in housing, usually because of either themselves or their partners failing health. in most cases the basic requirement was a bungalow.  This would enable a continued degree of independence with support.

In my opinion these two self serving shights have elbowed a person in need off the list for person gain.

A disgrace to their party and their town.

Devils advocate

Is there anyway we can get this council investigated?

hartlepool sea coalers

wish there was >:( like you say geoff i know of people who are on the waiting list for a bungalow and have been for  couple of year i find it shocking like they say its NOT WHAT YOU KNOW ITS WHO YOU KNOW

notenoughsaid

Whilst being new to the political scene I have got to give it to her that she is a quick learner , however she still has a few things catch up on. If it can be proven that she has used he position to pull strings to obtain this bungalow then there are questions to be asked.   For instance when did she apply,   who dealt with the application, who granted (no "declaring an interest" here I suspect) the premises,how many other people applied and also ,without being personal, does she have any special needs.    This latter point to be balanced against the needs of other prospective tenants.   It all beggars belief!!!!!

hartlepool sea coalers

that,s the way it should  go, but i very much doubt we will find anything out as they are very clever at covering their backs it will be wrote in some were that she,s been on the list for x amount of years believe me

Ste P

If the council officers have been persuaded to have Mrs Belcher housed ahead of others more genuine needy people in the town in need of this sort of housing I do hope that they loose their jobs. 

Since this topic was addressed I have also been told that Mr Belcher,Stephen Akers-Belchers Dad is an employee of Hartlepool Borough Council, if true council officers only need to find a paid position for Stephen Akers-Belchers sisters (that is if they aren't already employed by HBC directly or indirectly) and then the full family can be in receipt of council wages.

I cant wait until their self serving empire comes tumbling down.

Land Phil

Surely this must be like gold to anybody electioneering against the SCABS.

tankerville

Totally agree it's a disgrace, when I was on the tools got called over to West View estate the door was eventually answered by the tenant.

He was ex-army with both legs amputated from the knees H.B.C. put him in a three bedroom house with an upstairs Bathroom & WC.

He was using a portable toilet downstairs.

I asked if he was priority for a bungalow?

Can't have one. I'm not disabled enough.

fred c

Quote from: tankerville on March 21, 2016, 08: AM
Totally agree it's a disgrace, when I was on the tools got called over to West View estate the door was eventually answered by the tenant.

He was ex-army with both legs amputated from the knees H.B.C. put him in a three bedroom house with an upstairs Bathroom & WC.

He was using a portable toilet downstairs.

I asked if he was priority for a bungalow?

Can't have one. I'm not disabled enough.

It`s another one of those LabMob decisions that boils my p**s, a bunch of self serving merchant bankers, but, like everything else with HBC it will prove to be impossible to get to the bottom of the hows & whys.

Unless someone with a conscience in the housing allocation department whistleblows on this  ::)

Land Phil

It would be nice if the man without legs could get to the next full council meeting.

I would be happy to applaud him and shame our council.

steveL

Sandra Belcher used to work, (or perhaps still works), as Warden of the Lynton Court Sheltered Housing complex in Throston; a job that came with its own house. No one seems to be sure if she is still working there but what they are sure of is that she made no secret of the fact that she was moving into a bungalow in Chepstow Walk - also in Throston - number 13, to be precise.

It now looks as though once the brand new bungalows on the new development became available she was able to 'upgrade' and forget about Chepstow walk and instead walk straight into one of the 10 brand new bungalows bought by the council.

Spoilt for Choice by the look of it.

No one should be under any illusions that either of the Akers-Belchers would bat an eyelid at rigging her accommodation.

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Land Phil

Anybody up for doing a photoshop of the Peter Kay bungalow for my mum tour poster ?