The Wee mans election pamphlet.

Started by Inspector Knacker, April 21, 2015, 06: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

The usual fireside chat style nonsense and refreences to his working class roots all done to death to show really he's just like one of us. However, what I found fascinating, was the backing of local voters features. The one on the back page was a classic, was that supposed to be a casual endorsement as a result of a chance meeting in the Historic Quay car park or a statement from the party....? The season ticket line was a belter, now I don't base my vote on a politicians season ticket preferences,  but if the village idiot had a season ticket would he get my vote ?
I read them all and there was nothing of any Hartlepool changing significance in any of those tributes.
Where do they get these prople from ?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

beanzontoast

It would be helpful to know who the Wee man is , for those who aren't in the loop

DRiddle

Nice to see you've got your finger on the pulse as always Tom . . .

fred c

I don`t usually get election flyers from the Mob, for some reason they don`t canvas at my door, so it would be nice if a copy of the flaccid Members leaflet was posted on here.... ty

testing times

I got it and my first thought was that it was very similar to the last one he produced. I'm a Hartlepool lad through and through blah blah blah

Balotelli

It's a shame that Shighty really doesn't have to lift a finger to win this election.

He just keeps his campaign low key and minimises the potential number of gaffes he can make while the other candidates fight each other.

Mind you, he's done well out of the local lad line since 2004....

steveL

Traipsing the streets as I have been for the last week or so, all I can say is that Wrighty has cause to worry. The antics of the local Labour Group are high on people's gripes and the crossover to how people vote in the General Election is going to be a significant factor. He's tried to address this by calling for an investigation but, in my view, he's left it far too late; he should have been in there at the start when the Manor Residents debacle first surfaced. He chose to pretend the problem didn't exist for the sake of 'the Party' and it's that kind of thing which really pis*es people off. We're dealing with a career politician with no principles.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

lynda

If people vote for him they will just get more of the same. His Silence for me spoke volumes. I won't vote for someone who bangs on about how local he is and dosent have the courage to speak up for those very people. He has a don't rock the boat attitude and only appears when its in his best interest to do so. As for asking the Labour lot to show Honour and Integrity while the inquiry goes on don't you need to have those attributes in the first place?

Balotelli

People will vote for him, particulary older and less well read voters who will see no viable alternative to Labour.

The rest of the work done will be via the split vote among the other candidates.

The electoral system is failing Hartlepool more than most constituencies I'm afraid.

The knives will be out in the council post election though. Wallace was called in to speak out for a purpose.....

ashamedtobebritish

I seen a very good image in the Telegraph not so long ago.

Slight modification to make it appropriate for the Hartlepool Labour Party but just shows what another 5 years of Labour will do to Hartlepool it these two are left to run the Asylum.

fred c

It does make you wonder, I passed along Marlow Rd around 10.45 & Handsome Lying Ste, Beck, Barclay & Marge were out canvassing... its as plain as the nose on our faces that The TorLab Mob will do diddly squat about the Pathological Liar in their midst.

Only In Hartlepool & Only Under The TorLab Mob

steveL

hope you don't min but I've nicked the pic for the front page
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

ashamedtobebritish

Quote from: steveL on April 21, 2015, 12: PM
hope you don't min but I've nicked the pic for the front page

No that's ok, glad I could make a contribution.

It does sum up the Hartlepool Labour Party to a tee,