The £15bn Railway

Started by craig finton, July 17, 2014, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

craig finton

THE Tees Valley has been given a £190m boost to help everything from education to the roads network.

Actually, it's only £90m and a baseless wish that the private sector will chip in with another £100m. But it's worse than that. What we're really talking about is £22.9m in the first year with another £67.4m dependant on whether or not the Tories are re-elected.

Hartlepool gets a welcome extension to the College of Art, some work on the Wolviston roundabout.

Prime Minister David Cameron said: "Growth Deals are a crucial part of our long-term plan to secure Britain's future. For too long our economy has been too London-focused and too centralised. Growth Deals will help change all that."

Oh really? Last night I watched the BBC Documentary, "The £15bn Railway" - a reference to London's Crossrail. You can fit £90m into £15bn over 166 times over.

They are already planning Crossrail 2.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/business/hartlepool-part-of-190m-scheme-to-grow-business-create-jobs-and-build-homes-1-6713960

one direction

But crossrail and crossrail 2 wil benefit London and hence the rest of the UK will get a knock on effect. Come on, its obvious we need to put the money down there rather than waste it up here in the derelict and Labour voting North East! When Labour is in power they ignore Hartlepool since they know they will never lose the seat anyway and when the Tories are in power they ignore Hartlepool because they are never going to win the seat anyway. If you act like a doormat then people wipe their feet on you and Hartlepol has been a Labour doormat longer than I have been alive

fred c

Quote from: one direction on July 17, 2014, 03: PM
But crossrail and crossrail 2 wil benefit London and hence the rest of the UK will get a knock on effect. Come on, its obvious we need to put the money down there rather than waste it up here in the derelict and Labour voting North East! When Labour is in power they ignore Hartlepool since they know they will never lose the seat anyway and when the Tories are in power they ignore Hartlepool because they are never going to win the seat anyway. If you act like a doormat then people wipe their feet on you and Hartlepol has been a Labour doormat longer than I have been alive

Can`t argue with any of that...... sad innit

craig finton

Now there's a coincidence. A plan to invest in the North's transport systems which just happens to cost the same as London's Crossrail, £15bn. A good way to show up the North/South divide because I doubt this one will ever take flight.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28654134

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: craig finton on July 17, 2014, 11: AM

Hartlepool gets a welcome extension to the College of Art, some work on the Wolviston roundabout.

As the Wolviston roundabout is in Stockton ..........  surely Stockton gets it.....?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.