Labour heavyweights pound the pavements..............

Started by mk1, March 27, 2014, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

The Council press Department (via the Sheffield Mail) are campaigning to get rid of   'bulk waste'.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/collection-service-1-6525487

Just in case we are confused they have kindly provided a photo of  so we can see what 'Bulk Waist' actually  looks like..............

HarryBlackwood

This is shocking. Never have i seen such blatant and nauseating electioneering PR.

It's  very rare that i do so but i was moved to comment. I doubt it will last very long so I'm posting it here.

"Dear God. Has the Mail got no integrity at all?

I'm totally ashamed of the newspaper that I was so proud to edit, that I could weep.

Not only does the Mail carry a blatant piece of electioneering for Coun James, but it is happy to do so with a press release and what looks like a photo submitted by the council.

Quite frankly, this is an affront to journalism and a slap in the face for local democracy. You should hang your bloody heads in shame. I couldn't be more appalled."

mk1

It gets better.........page 4 of todays Mail has an article on the 'Respect Your Neighbourhood Inititive' in the Burn Valley Ward. The press release has a photo. Peter Jackson is as usual hogging centre-front position but no Ward Councillor is in shot. They grudgingly give Brash a name-check in the text but who is the rotund figure gurning  in pride of place at Jackson's shoulder-why no lesser mortal than Mzzzz James herself!

Nice to be able to trumpet your devotion to your voters whilst at the same not daring to reside anywhere near them.

I note the Mail comments on this article has a rant  indirectly mentioning the forum:

Mr Mister

3:58 PM on 27/03/2014

I can't see what you're all moaning about, I think it's a practical way of them spending some of the 5k they have to spend.

The people of the Manor gain from it and yes it will show them plums in a good light come voting day.. so what!

If PHF feel so hard done by, then perhaps Riddle, Stevens and all the other PHF clowns should get out there and do something for the community up there, instead of biitching like little girls on here and that silly little tin pot local forum, they all like to pant sniff on.

Edit to update

Bait at 16:01.

Result at 17:16!

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/manor-families-can-get-rid-of-bulky-household-waste-for-free-1-6525487

Mr Mister

5:16 PM on 27/03/2014

You don't need to worry about me, I would be worrying about MK1, just had a call from a friend to say he's copying & pasting my comments onto the PHF "Pant sniffing forum".

Like he's not having trouble trying to deal with Harry B! :)

norfolkngoode

MMmmmm......Interesting..... I wasn't aware this forum had a facility for pant sniffing...........

Whatever floats your boat ;)
'They don't like it up em'

Inspector Knacker

What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Stationario

Lord Elpus

Is it just me or is Barclay a dead ringer for Father Jack (FECK, ASS, DRINK)

Inspector Knacker

A bit...... but Fathet Jack has a human head..... and secretly you can admire him as an independent thinker.

HarryBlackwood

You've got to hand it to Alastair Rae and the fellas in the council PR department. No chance of any of them feeling the sharp edge of the savage public cuts. Alastair is effectively news editor of The Mail. He knocks out a press release and it magically appears word for word in the local rag. I bet he can't believe it. Most of them used to go straight in the bin when I was there.

Inspector Knacker

Did you bin the press releases or the councillors.....?

Pwilson

This is as blatant as the little fun day stunt the Hart ward chocolate teapot society are plotting.

I suppose we should expect a rush on this cynical electioneering and then some more subtle stuff during the purdah period.

I'm still waiting to meet a Labour councillor so I can ask where the money they saved by getting shot of the elected mayor has gone.

whatabouthisthen

It supposedly went to pay the living wage for council workers on min wage. Some doubt as to whether or not this was enough and an even bigger doubt over future years. Whatever, the CT payer is the loser.

whatabouthisthen

I understand that there is a £50/60K deficit to be funded out of other budgets. Once again this spendthrift Council fails to investigate costs befor commitment.

So more cuts to services to satisfy Labour dogma. Just like the subsidy given to the unions.

mk1

The Mail ran this story again yesterday. A full half page where the tro trilled about how the response of their Ward had been 'fantastic' and they spoke at length about the numbers who had booked a pick up! Yes folks it aint even happened and the Mail runs 2 stories. What will happen when they do the pick ups? Live satellite feed on the Mail website with running commentary by a crack team of reporters.?

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on March 29, 2014, 01: PM
The Mail ran this story again yesterday. A full half page where the tro trilled about how the response of their Ward had been 'fantastic' and they spoke at length about the numbers who had booked a pick up! Yes folks it aint even happened and the Mail runs 2 stories. What will happen when they do the pick ups? Live satellite feed on the Mail website with running commentary by a crack team of reporters.?
They're casting the characters roles for the film as we speak