Duplicated Waste

Started by marky, June 03, 2012, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marky

Came across this site when reading one of those 'community magazines'. A great example of the duplication that goes on and the wasted money that results. This is but one of many almost identical schemes aimed at achieving precisely the same thing. Mad Marj of course, wants to run her own scheme, different to this one, and which comes with its own £50,000 admin cost paid for by you and me and which no doubt will find its way to Owton Manor somehow.
Spend, spend, spend . . .
http://www.smarterbuys.org.uk

Straight Talking

Well Done Marky.
The information you provide is already part of the gathered information to be used by HBC when initiating the scheme.

I understand that the scheme will go out to tender, so could be provided by a number of individual organisation's or a consortium.
No preference at this stage.

The only draw back to the scheme you highlight is that it assumes people can get finance from a credit union/or via other means.
To do this at Hartlepool Credit Union, you have to:

a. Be a member (there is a joining fee + £3 a year charge)
b. Have savings accumulated over a minimum of 10/13 weeks. (not a single amount left in for 10/13 weeks) you can't withdraw this money whilst you have a loan against it.
c. Savings must be at least 50% of initial loan. So to have a loan for £200 you need to have £100 in savings + be able to show that you can pay back the loan with interest.

All information that appears in the original reports of HBC that agreed to the scheme.

Unfortunately the truth doesn't fit with the picture you try to paint ::) ::) ::)
But I'm sure you wont let the truth get in the way of your clearly biased view of those who might need some assistance.

mk1

I have always  wondered why we go through all this  convoluted malarky to provide help to the 'poor'.
The way I see it these schemes are created  mainly  so as to provide well paid jobs for those who love to brag about how they work in the 'voluntary' sector and any help for the disadvataged is a secondary feature.
Truth is it would be much cheaper to just give more money to the 'customers' but that would be political suicide. Thus we are forced into the charade where we pay through the nose so the well connected middle class do-gooders can get a well paid job handing sweeties out to the deserving poor.
Can anyone explain to me why it is cheaper to pay some firm X thousands of pounds to get someone a job rather than (say) give the money to councils to employ those same people is subsidised jobs that have a  real impact in the community?

Straight Talking

Quote from: mk1 on June 03, 2012, 04: PM
I have always  wondered why we go through all this  convoluted malarky to provide help to the 'poor'.
The way I see it these schemes are created  mainly  so as to provide well paid jobs for those who love to brag about how they work in the 'voluntary' sector and any help for the disadvataged is a secondary feature.
Truth is it would be much cheaper to just give more money to the 'customers' but that would be political suicide. Thus we are forced into the charade where we pay through the nose so the well connected middle class do-gooders can get a well paid job handing sweeties out to the deserving poor.
Can anyone explain to me why it is cheaper to pay some firm X thousands of pounds to get someone a job rather than (say) give the money to councils to employ those same people is subsidised jobs that have a  real impact in the community?

Best question on here for a long time
Good luck getting an answer.

marky

I haven't decided which part of the A_B, Wilcox, James Clique you are part of but you clearly share the same willingness to say absolutely anything whether it's trrue or not in order to further your cause.
Why would any Labour supporter engage in slagging off the local Credit Union? Could it be because Mad Marj was virtually turfed out of the organisation after she used her 'secondment' period to try and take control of it and after she was refused a place on the overseeing board?
That's true.
b. Have savings accumulated over a minimum of 10/13 weeks. (not a single amount left in for 10/13 weeks) you can't withdraw this money whilst you have a loan against it.
Absolutely untrue.
c. Savings must be at least 50% of initial loan. So to have a loan for £200 you need to have £100 in savings + be able to show that you can pay back the loan with interest.
Absolutely untrue.
Loans
http://www.hartlepoolcreditunion.co.uk/Loans
Instant Loans
http://www.hartlepoolcreditunion.co.uk/Instant-Loans
I suppose there's not much difference between the lies you tell over the Credit Union to when Mad Marj claimed that the type of services to be provided by Connected Care were 'uniquely' being provided by Manor Residents - something that both West View and HVDA would have disputed - had they been given the chance, of course, before the £640,000 contract was awarded to Manor Residents without going out to tender.

stokoe

talking about manor residents marky they excel in a lot of fields  :-[

http://www.manorresidents.org.uk/

mk1

Quote from: stokoe on June 03, 2012, 06: PM
talking about manor residents marky they excel in a lot of fields 

They certainly do but it appears they erred by letting  Straight Talking type it all out!

The ability to manage a fictional character from a classic  BBC comedy is considered a Qualification'

Support Workerr  and Manuel Handling?

See if you can spot the other 3 'Manuel' mentions and the one correct spelling.

What is  'Peadiatric'?:

'Peadiatric' appears  in 3 other bios.

Obviously the IT Department (Kevin Harriman) is not yet up to speed!

I know about one of the bouncers as well............

Hmmmm.........was there not a badly written letter circulating a while back where someone close to the Manor Mafia was the prime suspect?

Lucy Lass-Tick

Another little question raised by the website...doesn't the last category - 'YIP' - sound a bit erm, sort of, well... maybe a tad canine?

Straight Talking

Quote from: marky on June 03, 2012, 05: PM
I haven't decided which part of the A_B, Wilcox, James Clique you are part of but you clearly share the same willingness to say absolutely anything whether it's trrue or not in order to further your cause.
Why would any Labour supporter engage in slagging off the local Credit Union? Could it be because Mad Marj was virtually turfed out of the organisation after she used her 'secondment' period to try and take control of it and after she was refused a place on the overseeing board?
That's true.
Absolutely untrue.
Absolutely untrue.
Loans
http://www.hartlepoolcreditunion.co.uk/Loans
Instant Loans
http://www.hartlepoolcreditunion.co.uk/Instant-Loans
I suppose there's not much difference between the lies you tell over the Credit Union to when Mad Marj claimed that the type of services to be provided by Connected Care were 'uniquely' being provided by Manor Residents - something that both West View and HVDA would have disputed - had they been given the chance, of course, before the £640,000 contract was awarded to Manor Residents without going out to tender.

TRY GETTING A LOAN IF YOU THINK ITS THAT EASY.

The Great Dictator

:( MK1, support not suppport  :'(

mk1

Quote from: testicles on June 03, 2012, 10: PM
  support not suppport 

Any bets on how quickly they correct it all?
We know they are avid readers here so Wednesday at the latest?

codheadless

ooh have a look at the photo of the management committee looks like an advert for the popular tv show THE WALKING DEAD

Greg X

From the website www.smarterbuys.org.uk/credit

Find affordable credit near you, enter your postcode: TS24 ORU

There are no credit unions covering your postcode

Oh well!
---------------------------------
While we are talking credit unions. Have I got it wrong? I thought they were there to give cheap(er) loans but they charge an APR of 26.8%
Instant Loans can be up to £500 at a current rate of 2% per month Or is it just cheaper and safer than loan shark gangsters?

mk1

Quote from: Greg X on June 05, 2012, 08: PM
While we are talking credit unions. Have I got it wrong? I thought they were there to give cheap(er) loans but they charge an APR of 26.8%
Instant Loans can be up to £500 at a current rate of 2% per month Or is it just cheaper and safer than loan shark gangsters?

You really need to look into the difference between an annual APR and the horrendous '2% per what per month' rates quoted by the 'Wonga' type sharks