General Election 2017

Started by steveL, April 19, 2017, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred c

Quote from: steveL on May 04, 2017, 02: PM
Fame at last . .

Just finished doing a video interview with the Sunday Times. Nice to know that The Post's fame has spread far and wide; nicer still to learn that the guy knew all about Wilcox and HBC's reputation.

HOW JOLLY DARE YOU.......... Even Cwistopher and Steven haven't been interviewed by the Sunday Times and they are Legends........ admittedly only in their own minds, but being a delusional legend is better that not being a legend at all.

steveL

Quote from: Shepherd on May 04, 2017, 03: PM
Any idea when it will be published Steve?

Sunday but given that it was a video interview I'm assuming it's an on-line thing and I'm sure Murdoch charges for access.

Sat in Croft Gardens in the sunshine - the guy was very taken with the place aka 'I had no idea Hartlepool was like this?''
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

Quote from: fred c on May 04, 2017, 03: PM
Even Cwistopher and Steven haven't been interviewed by the Sunday Times and they are Legends........

They had their chance over the Mandelson expenses claim for his gardening.
The nationals were all over the story and I think it was the Sunday Mail that did the best in-depth coverage. The short version is Mandelson claimed for bogus gardening work and the money went to SAB. When the Mail reporter doorstepped SAB I believe his reply was 'How did you find out about it' followed swiftly by the sound of a front door being slammed.

You may have forgotten this as well

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3034489/Mayor-sacked-funeral-fib-Shameless-Hartlepool-council-leader-given-compassionate-leave-visited-warship-instead.html

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2009/may/08/peter-mandelson-expenses-hartlepool-home

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: steveL on May 04, 2017, 02: PM
Fame at last . .

Just finished doing a video interview with the Sunday Times. Nice to know that The Post's fame has spread far and wide; nicer still to learn that the guy knew all about Wilcox and HBC's reputation.

HOW JOLLY DARE YOU.......... Even Cwistopher and Steven haven't been interviewed by the Sunday Times and they are Legends........ admittedly only in their own minds, but being a delusional legend is better that not being a legend at all.
The Dumpling twins could best be described as being world famous in Hartlepool.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Hubris

Sat in a nice place in down-town Budapest, enjoying a good beer and local food. At the same time I'm catching up on 'The Post'
Thanks to MK1's reminder of the SCAB sacking saga, I took a look at some of the comments posted in the Mail (even though now 2 yrs old! And still ZERO investigation ....what say you Mr Devlin?!!)
When I read the one about ....'is that his real hair, or has a rodent died on his head?' I broke into a large grin. But when I saw it was actually from a guy in Thailand...I laughed so much my Hungarian host got a lump of Goulash on his tie. Almost surreal to see that the scabby tw**s infamy had spread so far.
Coming from Hartlepool, and proud of it - over the years it's been bad enough to try and keep calm and putting up with the endless 'Monkey Hanger' jibes I have had in :- US, Far East, France...etc. But now I have questions like 'Oh, you're from Hartlepool...isn't that where His Emminence The Lord of Foy had his bijou garden titivated by Bill and Ben the Flowerpot Men for a mere £3000? A bargain. And rodent syrup for free.

Hubris

Had the chance today to visit the fence Hungary constructed in 2015.
Quite impressive.
It's 109 miles long, 13 ft high, topped with concertina razor wire. It's intention was to stem the waves of economic migrants that chose to invade the land of 'milk and honey' called Europe (as once they get into Europe.....they can choose any country to sneak into)
The effectiveness of the fence was :-
Numbers crossing from Serbia to Hungary :-
- Sept -138,000.
- October - 99,500.
(then the fence was put in)
- November 315

80% of those trying to get in aren't families escaping from war-torn Syria, they are young male chancers from Eritrea, Somalia, Afghanistan, Gambia ....et al.

So mki, I ask you if you think PM Orban's strategy to try and protect us from this life-changing tsunami is a good one (as do 82% of Hungarian voters) or are they all just more 'bong-eyed loonies'?
The upcoming UK election is as much about Brexit and giving U.K. a chance to control its own borders as it is about the terms of Article 50, the economy, or even Abbott's extra policemen at £7.50 per year.
Vote for the Hartlepool candidate that supports Brexit......which ever party! And if they can make a convincing argument that they will also work on cleaning out the cess-pit called HBC, so much the better.

mk1

I have been reading up on May. She is not what she pretends top be. By all accounts she is vindictive and controlling. She  has sidelined everyone who ever stood up to her in the past and  has made no secret that she wants to either repeal The Freedom Of Information Act or so curtail it to render it innefective. There was an incident this week where not wishing to repeat the humiliation of no one opening the door or wanting to speak to her when canvasing her minders placed all reporters in a room and locked them in until she had departed!
I also think it ridiculous that anyone her age (male or female) start dressing 30 years younger than they should. Next she will be doing a Carol Vorderman wearing ever more straining dresses  and running off with one of the crowd of youngsters that follow her around the country and doughnut her for the cameras.
Those of you who are one-issue obsessives better be careful. That which you think will cure you might instead kill you.

mk1

Quote from: Hubris on May 04, 2017, 09: PM

So mki, I ask you if you think PM Orban's strategy to try and protect us from this life-changing tsunami is a good one (as do 82% of Hungarian voters) or are they all just more 'bong-eyed loonies'?

Watch out for the coming storm. The ordinary decent bloke who is going to trash the bong-eyed looney  challenger and win the French Election has said he will no longer do the UK's dirty work and keep our share of the 'tsunami' on French soil. 
I like how May's tactic of holding EU citizens in limbo to force concessions is working out. The EU has made their status the first  issue that has to be settled before they even talk about anything else.
We certainly got them  cowed!

As for politics you make me laugh. You believe this is the start of a new dawn where you and your ilk can permanently keep the opposition out of office. I have lived through many an election and everything is cyclic. 'You' have your turn to rule ' You' wreck the country and after X number of years you get voted out and the other side rule. They in turn wreck the country and are kicked out and 'you' get your turn again. That is how it always works.
Think back to when Obama was elected. It was seen as a groundbreaking election. A sign that America had turned her back on her divisive racial past.  Fast forward 10 years and an absolute  m**r*n with the most divisive agenda ever gets elected.
I liken it to the way Football supporters profess their undying loyalty to a new manager only to turn on him when results don't improve. You kick him out, fall at the feet of the new man and then again turn on him when he does not deliver.
Relax, enjoy the ride and be prepared for the tears when your dreams are unrealised-because they always are.

mk1

Quote from: Hubris on May 04, 2017, 09: PM

PM Orban's strategy to try and protect us from this life-changing tsunami is a good one (as do 82% of Hungarian voters) or are they all just more 'bong-eyed loonies'?

Orban is a bong-eyed  looney. An authoritarian far-right fruitcake. Hungary has passed a  Law that is aimed at removing all opposition to the Government. They are attacking a University they believe to be 'liberal'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/george-soros-central-european-university-hungary-law-protests-foreign-institutions-parliament-a7667451.html

The EU has sent warnings to the Government and no too far in the future Hungary will have to decide if it wants EU funding or can finance itself.

WhatTheHeck

Quote from: mk1 on May 04, 2017, 04: PM
Even Cwistopher and Steven haven't been interviewed by the Sunday Times and they are Legends........

They had their chance over the Mandelson expenses claim for his gardening.
The nationals were all over the story and I think it was the Sunday Mail that did the best in-depth coverage. The short version is Mandelson claimed for bogus gardening work and the money went to SAB. When the Mail reporter doorstepped SAB I believe his reply was 'How did you find out about it' followed swiftly by the sound of a front door being slammed.

You may have forgotten this as well

Having been in a location that overlooked 'Mandy's' garden I can say that any gardeners must have been invisible !

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3034489/Mayor-sacked-funeral-fib-Shameless-Hartlepool-council-leader-given-compassionate-leave-visited-warship-instead.html

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2009/may/08/peter-mandelson-expenses-hartlepool-home
No relation to Whattheheck from the mail !

Johnny Bongo

'They had their chance over the Mandelson expenses claim for his gardening.
The nationals were all over the story and I think it was the Sunday Mail that did the best in-depth coverage. The short version is Mandelson claimed for bogus gardening work and the money went to SAB. When the Mail reporter doorstepped SAB I believe his reply was 'How did you find out about it' followed swiftly by the sound of a front door being slammed.'

Why did Mandelson give the money to SAB?  What was the actual relationship between Mandelson and the SCABs?  Do the SCABs actually know the difference between mushy peas and guacamole? 

mk1

Looks like the UKIP vote is tanking everywhere. SCABs will be pleased this morning.

akarjl

Quote from: mk1 on May 04, 2017, 10: PM
Orban is a bong-eyed  looney.

Just to be clear....

We are not related  ;).

DRiddle

Looks like a 20 year old Tory kid has just taken a council seat in the east end of Glasgow. Be afraid Labour, be very afraid.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2017/may/04/council-local-general-election-mayoral-results-england-scotland-wales

ReturntoZenda

Quote from: mk1 on May 04, 2017, 09: PM
I have been reading up on May. She is not what she pretends top be. By all accounts she is vindictive and controlling. She  has sidelined everyone who ever stood up to her in the past and  has made no secret that she wants to either repeal The Freedom Of Information Act or so curtail it to render it innefective. There was an incident this week where not wishing to repeat the humiliation of no one opening the door or wanting to speak to her when canvasing her minders placed all reporters in a room and locked them in until she had departed!
I also think it ridiculous that anyone her age (male or female) start dressing 30 years younger than they should. Next she will be doing a Carol Vorderman wearing ever more straining dresses  and running off with one of the crowd of youngsters that follow her around the country and doughnut her for the cameras.
Those of you who are one-issue obsessives better be careful. That which you think will cure you might instead kill you.

so much blinkered bullsh*t in one post.