General Election 2017

Started by steveL, April 19, 2017, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevplumb

Quote from: mk1 on April 21, 2017, 10: PM
Thanks to 'Foreign aid' this country was helped through the post-war food crisis without suffering  the same degree of hunger as the bulk of the continent.
A t the end of the day its a value judgement and if you are that tight that you want to spend every last farthing making sure members The Royal Family can have a dozen eggs cooked for breakfast in the hope at least one egg will be good enough for them to eat  then so be it.

abolish the royal family and the civil list as well
there nothing but bl**dy expensive ornaments
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

mk1

QuoteIf your house was falling down, you were homeless or you had to go on social media to beg for money to secure medical treatment for your child because the NHS had not "budgeted" for the cost of treatment, if you you had to wait all weekend in hospital because a consultant was not " available" to approve your discharge would you be donating money overseas?

Or would you want the government to send the money here?

False comparison.
Any nation that can afford useless aircrafft carriers can afford charity.
Any nation that wastes billions on  bankers wages can afford charity.
Any nation that  keeps a large dysfunctional family of German immigrants on 10 million quid a week (or so)in a large mansion in London benefits whilst they are one of the richest families in the country can afford charity. Any nation that can pay Farage  millions in grants in order to keep  his mistress can afford charity etc, etc,etc.

You are not the only one who can pick extremes and then pretend the extremes are the norm. Charity Aid is far down my list of things to cut back on and I don't for a second believe  value for money is what drives you. You would still be a  moaner because you don't like the idea of helping dark-skinnned people. If we had a surplus of 2 trillion whatevers a year you would still begrudge 50p in the poor box.

Anyone who believes that as soon as charity ends the money will be spent on the NHS, Pensioners or sick puppies is delusional. It will end up where it always does. In Ray Wells back pocket or paying Morton's bookies bill.

akarjl

Here we go again....

Quote from: mk1 on April 22, 2017, 12: PM
Any nation that can afford useless aircrafft carriers can afford charity. = So you believe we should not defend our own country?

Any nation that wastes billions on  bankers wages can afford charity. = Well at least you are consistent - can't resist a little snipe at Farage,UKIP etc.

Any nation that  keeps a large dysfunctional family of German immigrants on 10 million quid a week (or so)in a large mansion in London benefits whilst they are one of the richest families in the country can afford charity. = Many believe it is a good investment producing returns.

Any nation that can pay Farage  millions in grants in order to keep  his mistress can afford charity etc, etc,etc. = I hope payment to anyone connected with the EU stop once we leave

You are not the only one who can pick extremes and then pretend the extremes are the norm. Charity Aid is far down my list of things to cut back on and I don't for a second believe  value for money is what drives you.= Again you are consistent, Anyone who doesn't want to be a part of federal europe with open borders handing out cash is a nationalist? As you do not know me you can hardly comment of what "drives me"

You would still be a  moaner because you don't like the idea of helping dark-skinnned people. = Ahh here we go, and so it continues lol,I wondered how long, in the absence of a logical argument for continuing to throw billions at countries that do not need it, it would take for the "racism" card to be played.

If we had a surplus of 2 trillion whatevers a year you would still begrudge 50p in the poor box.= Again wrong, I support charities that benefit people in UK. I do not agree with throwing money at countries that do not need it when we have pressing needs here at home.It would seem a lot of Tory back benchers are extremely uncomfortable with Mother Theresa's insistence that we save the world.

Anyone who believes that as soon as charity ends the money will be spent on the NHS, Pensioners or sick puppies is delusional. It will end up where it always does. In Ray Wells back pocket or paying Morton's bookies bill.= Worryingly you associate sick puppies with the NHS and pensioners. Reality is if we do not stop this wastage we will never find out will we?

......you forgot the standard bong eyed looney description reserved  for those whose views are not aligned with yours i.e someone who suggests we look after ourselves = thought I would save you trouble hence the post title ;)

Hubris

Here we go again.
You really are a bong-eyed-loony Akarjl.
You must be, because mk1 says you are! and we all know just what a towering intellect he is and that the whole town must wait in trembling anticipation for his every next utterance so we can all be enthralled at his rapier wit and incisive analysis.

Unfortunately even this above sarcasm route becomes tedious when trying to even imagine, or parody what goes on inside mk1's head.
Your response to his latest diatribe was first class akarjl. Well done and keep it up. But I have to admit that I am increasingly believing that mk  is really just a semi-literate troll. But what I can't quite yet work out is exactly on behalf of what cause he is trolling. Any suggestions?

And just to add to your well-reasoned answers to his juvenile post and his puerile comment about 'bankers'. All of us that live on the planet where the sky is blue, know that the banking / insurance industry makes a net positive contribution of + 60 billion a year to the UK balance of payments............but even that falls a bit short of the well reported 97 billion per year that illegal, unwarranted, uninvited, unwanted, economic migrant freeloaders cost us (and that's whatever their skin colour is, and really mk, you should'nt discriminate!)

akarjl

Quote from: Hubris on April 22, 2017, 09: PM

Your response to his latest diatribe was first class akarjl. Well done and keep it up. But I have to admit that I am increasingly believing that mk  is really just a semi-literate troll.

;) Bit harsh. He is entitled to his opinions the same as the everyone.

mk1

Quote from: Hubris on April 22, 2017, 09: PM
.but even that falls a bit short of the well reported 97 billion per year that illegal, unwarranted, uninvited, unwanted, economic migrant freeloaders cost us

mumpsimus.

Johnny Bongo

Hi mk1...do you really 'believe' that we / the UK Government, should give / donate money (overseas aid) to ALL the countries that we do? Are some of the countries actually 'richer' that we are? How do we know that the money is actually going to where it is supposed to go?  There are reports /rumours that a lot of the money ends up in the coffers of the Governments of these (so called) 'developing' countries!  Obviously, no matter which country we discuss, developed or not, there will be corruption at the highest level and misappropriation of funds, including this country!  On a lighter note...or darker note ;)...what is it with you and your 'seeming defence' of dark skinned people?  Are you 'dark skinned'?  No problem from me!  I'm dark skinned...from working in the sun all day (except in the winter, obviously!) ;)...and when my customers and others wonder why I'm 'tanned' , I explain that it's from being outside all day!  ...................Now....before you hit that keypad with some accusation of me being a Johnny English racist, let me clarify something!  My wife is NOT £English...and obviously, my children (yes, I've bred with dark people, uh! :o) are MIXED race (I hate that term!) and NOT WHITE...but 'tanned'....more noticeable when they are stood next to their classmates!  My children have inherent traits of both races / countries  (some good/ some bad) BUT they are still children / humans at the end of the day...(maybe I should remember this when I'm screaming at them!)
I agree that the rich, developed countries should support the totally poor countries...but there needs to be some better monitoring / control of the money before it reaches the corrupt governments.  How long and how much can we continue to send to these so called 'third world' countries?     

mk1

Quote from: Johnny Bongo on April 23, 2017, 12: AM
How do we know that the money is actually going to where it is supposed to go?  There are reports /rumours that a lot of the money ends up in the coffers of the Governments of these (so called) 'developing' countries!     

There is waste and corruption everywhere. The thing is where do you draw the line. Do you stop funding 'Cleft Lip' surgery for 1000 kids if 3 officials steal some of the money?
It really is that simple.

Cue lies from Daily mail about 'girl groups'........

Fact: The Daily Mail has been removed from Wiki articles  and deemed an unreliable source. 

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/wikipedia-editors-ban-daily-mail-source-citation-unreliable-mail-online-a7570856.html

Hubris

Mumpsimus!! Cool!
Now it's clearer, you're trolling for the Vatican.
Yeah, I did Latin at school as well, and we did "Quod in ore mumpsimus"
Naf story compared to Mrs Malaprop I think.

Can't you use whatever energies you can call on to try and help defrock the the Queens of Westbrook rather than making up unfounded rubbish about the 13 BILLION (that's BILLION) we ship out to build palaces and put fuel into presidential jets?

akarjl

Quote from: mk1 on April 23, 2017, 12: AM
Quote from: Johnny Bongo on April 23, 2017, 12: AM
How do we know that the money is actually going to where it is supposed to go?  There are reports /rumours that a lot of the money ends up in the coffers of the Governments of these (so called) 'developing' countries!     

There is waste and corruption everywhere. The thing is where do you draw the line. Do you stop funding 'Cleft Lip' surgery for 1000 kids if 3 officials steal some of the money?
It really is that simple.

Cue lies from Daily mail about 'girl groups'........

Fact: The Daily Mail has been removed from Wiki articles  and deemed an unreliable source. 

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/wikipedia-editors-ban-daily-mail-source-citation-unreliable-mail-online-a7570856.html

The point being? The "independent" "always" gives gives unbiased views.

My views on overseas aid are based on the evidence I have witnessed whist working in some of these countries. Have you visited any of them? India? Pakistan? Nigeria? Angola? Ghana?....I don't rely on google searches to form an opinion.

Even if every penny was well spent overseas- and it is not... 1. It is too much ....2. Like it or not charity begins at home.

akarjl

Slimy Tony today:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-39685678

Quote"I look at the British political scene at the moment and I actually almost feel motivated to go right back into it," he added. "We're just allowing ourselves to be hijacked by what is actually quite a small group of people with a strong ideology."

I guess after solving the middle east situation, ensuring world peace and banking 12 million + from offering "advice" he's a bit of loose end.

Joking aside can you imagine His Tonyness standing for Hartlepool and getting raped by the conservatives?

It will never happen I can hear some here muttering ...BUT.....Brexit yes......Trump in....Early  General Election.........never say never

mk1

Quote from: akarjl on April 23, 2017, 05: PM

It will never happen I can hear some here muttering ...BUT.....Brexit yes......Trump in....Early  General Election.........never say never

Just look at today's right-wing rags. They are in overdrive mode talking-up the French Right and Sunday Mail at least predicting her 'win'.

Wonderful to listen to old clips of May telling the SNP now was not the time to force any more elections/votes...........................

akarjl

QuoteThey are in overdrive mode talking-up the French Right and Sunday Mail at least predicting her 'win'.

I guess you haven't been to France recently? ;)

QuoteWonderful to listen to old clips of May telling the SNP now was not the time for any more elections/votes...........................

Well who WOULD give in to the Trannie Krankeys demands?

mk1

Quote from: akarjl on April 23, 2017, 05: AM

The point being?

The paper that best reflects your 'immigrant-obsessed' world-view has been declared a work of (mostly) fiction.

mk1

Quote from: akarjl on April 23, 2017, 06: PM

Trannie (sic) Krankeys(sic)

The Krankies are two people and it is a proper name. If you had just made the two words rhyme you would have got the spelling  'rite'  but only for one word-the other word is a spelling mistake as well!