General Election 2017

Started by steveL, April 19, 2017, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

There's been a bit of a shift in emphasis from UKIP. Last time around, it was all about accruing as many votes as possible - the often quoted 4 million. This time, Nuttall is talking about targeting seats and concentrating resources and money on a much smaller number of seats with Hartlepool being one of them.

There are two reasons for this. Firstly, the party is in a financial mess and just hasn't got the money for a widespread campaign. Secondly, in two years time, 22 UKIP MEP's are going to be out of a job and I would expect these 22 to make up the front line of candidates in those seats designated as targets.

In Hartlepool, Broughton is a non-starter in the face of much higher profile contenders. So expect a known name to be their candidate with my money being on John Arnott.

This election will be UKIP's swan song so they need to up their game if they are going to take the seat. Having Tom Hind appearing in The Mail as their spokesman was not a good first move.

People need to take seriously the possibility of a Tory MP in Hartlepool.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

DRiddle

stokoe

David I totally agree with your comment to the scab,but at the end of the day they have made there money and they won't give a flying f*c*,if all people were like you and others on the council pools would be a better place.they have hidden there money to live a happy life,but I hope not long bas**ar*s.

akarjl

Living in Hartlepool I find myself in a difficult position politically.

The Kremlin Crew are a disgrace which no morals whatsoever basically empire building and doing nothing for the town- not a good reflection of labour "values"

Morally I believe the conservatives care little for those who need the help and support of government.

I SHOULD vote labour as I think we should be supporting the national health service and taking care of each other. But all I have seen over the last 40 years as a voter both locally and nationally is labour bully boys holding the country to ransom on a regular basis and lining their pockets- Call me Tony and 2 jags prescott being prime examples.

The state of the national health service is frankly frightening- top heavy with un necessary managers milking the system- still I am loathed to vote for them as I don't believe they will deliver on any promises they make- indeed they brought the country to its knees prior to the Conservatives taking over ( coffers empty etc).

Jeremy is not a leader he's a political activist student who has never grown up and can you imagine Diane Abbot having any say in our lives? The labour heart is in the right place but they are damaged goods with the likes of Tony Hanging around earning his millions as a peace envoy.

The outgoing MP did nothing for the town- he developed a taste for chairing meeting and pontificating rather than focussing on the needs of the town. Good riddance to him.

The conservatives have not delivered on their promises and seem hell bent on privatising everything- basically if you can afford to pay... pay if not do without. They will not listen to the people and stop all overseas aid- charity begins at home.

Ukip served their purpose in driving us towards a yes brexit vote- but they are less than useless now, other than as a protest vote and i struggle to place a cross next to the name of someone who probably drags his knuckles along the ground and salivates in the corner when not spoken too- look at some of the morons who are speaking on behalf of UKIP locally- care in the community?

Lib-Dem The turn the clock back team- lets not leave europe and let europe rape us.......waste of a vote.

I suspect the Tories will take Hartlepool from labour as a voters use them as a protest vote and as they confuse the antics of Cwistopher and his Orangutang with the actions of the Labour party in general.

God knows who I will vote for on June 8th - Do we have a monster raving candidate.

Hurtling towards defacing my ballot paper.....

fred c

Quote from: DRiddle on April 20, 2017, 12: PM
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/apr/19/hartlepool-ponders-a-change-after-half-a-century-voting-labour

See what you and your boys have done in Hartlepool Christopher?

I was never a fan of the 'Member' but even his abject performance as a constituency MP isn't the real reason people are fed up with Labour, as DRiddel says, CAB n SAB along with their muckers have shown themselves to be incapable of providing even the basic services and facilities the town deserves.

They fought the NT&Hartlepool NHS Trust with the ferocity a man wafting them with a damp teatowel, spending upteen millions of pounds with absolutely no visible signs of long term improvement, whilst at the same time dismantling the democratic process by the continual re-jigging of the towns constitution to suit there own ends.

They have shown a total lack of moral integrity in so many ways, lies, half truths broken promises, failed predictions of a New Town Plan in 6 months, Quick Flips, Profits in 4 or 5 years, Carpets, Parking Charges, Dump Charges..... the list is endless, they are so far removed from what I and almost everyone else regards as true Labour Principle as it is possible to be.

How many of the ruling group would be capable of earning a living in the public sector, how many are dependent on public sector funding for their livelihood, how many haven't been gainfully employed for years but managed a decent lifestyle on councillors allowances and voluntary sector funding.

Like many, I cannot with any conscience vote Labour, the party has lost its way, career politicians who have no idea of what the man in the streets ambitions are for himself, his children and grandchildren, a Tory government that are only interested in the monied elite and big business, slowly but surely privatising the NHS, reducing education to a postcode lottery...... as for the Limp Dems..... Farron and Clegg..... say no more.

It's to late for me, I have had my years of battling inequality, years of being bullied and abused by employers who didn't give a rats ass for our wellbeing, trying to make the town I am proud to say I live in a better place...... in 50 years of fighting my little battles I am further back than ever........all thanks to the self serving Political Classes of whichever persuasion..... A pox on their houses

Hartlepool really does deserve better.

akarjl

Fred I suspect many are of the same opinion so where does that leave the man in in the street with an ounce of morals ?

Inspector Knacker

We have to become an unpredictable town politically. We've been mugs for years, Labour take us as pet dogs and the other parties realise we're a basket case and ignore us.
Hold your nose and mark the ballot pare for change and they'll notice us and might even slip us a government dept our way instead of skivvy money jobs.
It's not difficult, look to the likely winners and vote for them.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Land Phil

Corbyn might be just the man a person like me would vote for but Labour has never done anything for Hartlepool on a local or national level

For me, Labour need kicking out of Hartlepool so the party remembers what the town means.

The Tories are horrible with their sanctions, cuts, NHS dismantling etc. and at a local level RMW is pointless.
UKIP to me don't appear to have their brain and mouths connected. They couldn't deliver a pizza never mind a manifesto. 
Lib Dems, do they still exist in Hartlepool ?
Greens are just too small but well intentioned.
PHF, big respect to them challenging the corrupt, bankrupt, liars etc.
SNP ...I would rather they invaded us than vote UKIP or even Labour etc.
Independent ...a monkey suit could do it again, it is Hartlepool after all.

It is going to take one amazing candidate for me to bother voting. Lets see who is standing ...

Inspector Knacker

Labour in Hartlepool need to be given some time in the wilderness and we might end up with a proper Labour council eventually.
It's no good wailing and gnashing teeth about who to vote for. It defeats the purpose if after criticising others, when the moment comes you put your rifles down and step back. Like I said, just back the likely winner and set change in motion. You have to vote or this message board has been a worth less exercise in hot air.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

The Great Dictator

If it means voting UKIP to get Labour out of Hartlepool i will.

fred c

I have got the thumb of my left hand tightened in a vice as I type this.... I would even vote Tory to get Labour out of Hartlepool.... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh the wife slackened the vice off.....however it would be conditional on the candidate promising to look into the local parties unequivocal support of Numbnut and Plods LabMob.

mk1

Farage has bottled it. The prospect of a 7th defeat has made him bolt......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39651781

akarjl

Quote from: fred c on April 20, 2017, 06: PM
I have got the thumb of my left hand tightened in a vice as I type this.... I would even vote Tory to get Labour out of Hartlepool.... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh the wife slackened the vice off.....however it would be conditional on the candidate promising to look into the local parties unequivocal support of Numbnut and Plods LabMob.

Thats what I will be doing........I would like, in an ideal world to see Cwistopher and his wife sweating at the prospect of dealing with a Tory MP who just disagrees with everything they say as opposed to a labour bitch who just bent over.....

steveL

Farage isn't standing for election as an MP
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Steely Dan

Quote from: The Great Dictator on April 20, 2017, 05: PM

If it means voting UKIP to get Labour out of Hartlepool i will.

I'd say UKIP and you are a perfect match.