General Election 2017

Started by steveL, April 19, 2017, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steely Dan

Wright jumped before he was pushed. Excellent news for Labour and Hartlepool. He's been useless.

Massive decision for Hartlepool Labour. Get the right man and Labour will walk it. Get the wrong man and UKIP could have their only MP.

If Labour want to hand it to UKIP they need only choose Belcher. UKIP would have a landslide.

rabbit

Tony Blair.
He will waive his M.P. pay etc.
Could move back to Trimdon.

mk1

Quote from: Steely Dan on April 19, 2017, 02: PM

If Labour want to hand it to UKIP they need only choose Belcher. UKIP would have a landslide.

You would think so but the track-record proves otherwise. I can think of a good number of politicians of all  parties who are not that bright. Trump made no secret of his drive to get the 'uneducated' on his side and it worked 'biggly' for him. 
I believe in the not too distant future we will see moves by the elite to disenfranchise the undesirables and prevent the morons from being elected. You can see it happening in London where wholesale shipping out of the poor is underway. They are exporting the 'D's  as far away as possible and you only have to look at the USA to see modern Republicans enacting a raft of voting conditions that are designed  only to impact on non-whites and deny them the right  vote.

rabbit

There is at least one well known local labour supporter languishing in prison who will miss their chance to vote in June.

fred c

Quote from: fred c
link=topic=3931.msg40599#msg40599 date=1492598755

As for the man who can't be named, I could actually see him winning in Hartlepool..... Doh

You've lost me Fred. Who is this?

Nige...... i think he would stand a real chance 'If he stood'........ i have come to the conclusion that the Labour candidate, like the next CEO should be from outwith the local area.

steveL

Wright jumped before he was pushed. Excellent news for Labour and Hartlepool. He's been useless.

Massive decision for Hartlepool Labour. Get the right man and Labour will walk it. Get the wrong man and UKIP could have their only MP.

Not really true.

Labour have made it clear that all sitting candidates will be standing (if they want to) with no de-selections. The local CLP may have been planning to ditch Wright before 2020 but the unplanned nature of the GE has caught them off guard.

Wright had a good case to stand again. Corbyn will resign on June 9th and maybe Labour would sort itself out but maybe Wright knows better. Maybe he knows that the large increase in membership means that another Islington clone would simply take Corbyn's place.

If he sees no future for Labour, just perpetual opposition, then why stay - life's too short, as they say.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Riqueti

Welshman ... what's his name again 🤔

The Great Dictator

Don't make me laugh Dowager, he's never lived in Hartlepool for 25 years and he's a retard.

kevplumb

A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Inspector Knacker

Massive decision for Hartlepool Labour. Get the right man and Labour will walk it.
Get any man, woman, stuffed mammal or house plant and Labour will crawl over the line.
I'd love to know who the 'right man' could be, anyone will do in reality.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

You never know-could end up being a straight (if one is permitted to say that ) fight between The AB Family and The Wells Family!

kevplumb

Quote from: mk1 on April 19, 2017, 06: PM
You never know-could end up being a straight (if one is permitted to say that ) fight between The AB Family and The Wells Family!
would be worth following  ;D ;D ;)

they would both be throwing skeletons , half truths and supposition about right up to the end
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

jeffh

Quote from: kevplumb on April 19, 2017, 06: PM
Quote from: mk1 on April 19, 2017, 06: PM
would be worth following  ;D ;D ;)

they would both be throwing skeletons , half truths and supposition about right up to the end
Now come on - SAB - half truths? - if that's the case he's starting to become honest

testing times

Look North covered the Wright story and featured both Philip Broughton and Alan Clarke on

DRiddle

I'll be disappointed if UKIP put up Broughton again. Having had a few face to face conversations with him, he strikes me as nothing more than a charicature politician and to be frank, a bit of a prat.

He he gets the gig I don't see the seat going anywhere other than staying with Labour.

I'm hoping Nuttall or even Farage pulls rank on him.

If they do, then the seats really up for grabs. If it's Broughton, one of the current Labour lot will be in for a life changing career.