Hind Causes Storm After Calling For Muslims to be Banned from Party

Started by steveL, June 01, 2017, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

CALLS have been made for a Ukip councillor to apologise after he said he wanted to ban any Muslims from joining the party.
Tom Hind, ward councillor on Hartlepool Borough Council, also said he believed Islam was "not a religion" but a "political ideology".
The Ukip councillor, who represents the Seaton ward, made the comments on Ukip's regional organisers Facebook page.
But last night, his party leader on Hartlepool Council said nobody would be "forced out" of the party based on their religious beliefs.
On the post, Cllr Hind said: "I have mentioned before that Ukip will have to make some difficult decisions if it is to move forward.
"One of those difficult decisions is Islam – I would like to ban any Muslim from joining Ukip.

"Islam is not a religion – it is a political ideology based on conquest.

"How many more assaults on the British people need we endure before we understand Islam?"

Speaking to The Northern Echo about his comments, Cllr Hind said he stood by his "personal and private" remarks.

https://tinyurl.com/yb6mzl6b
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Paul Thompson

Oh Tom !  ::)

Next time -  :-X

I see beanzontoast becoming quite vocal at some point today.  Probably saying he has been misquoted or some other bollox

Inspector Knacker

Has he started going around in a long white robe with a Red Cross on looking for a Crusader recruiting office?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Gustaf I of England + BWH

The Bishop of Durham is on walk-about around Hartlepool today, tomorrow and Sunday. Perhaps he will be able to spare some time to have a quiet talk with the councillor Hind.

akarjl

Quote from: steveL on June 01, 2017, 08: AM
CALLS have been made for a Ukip councillor to apologise after he said he wanted to ban any Muslims from joining the party.
Tom Hind, ward councillor on Hartlepool Borough Council, also said he believed Islam was "not a religion" but a "political ideology".

Obviously lost the plot or given no thought to this. I would suspect the "Politics Police" will be all over him like a rash.

People choose to BELIEVE whatever they want....their choice = a religion

Separately, they should they choose to align themselves with a particular political party and support the parties aims= a political ideology.

Lucy Lass-Tick

mk1

Hind is as thick as a plank. His contributions here were cringe worthy. . A man of very low intellect and typical of UKIP.

See this old thread where Hind (beanzontoast) is ranting about Stalin to CAB (Straight Talking) without realising who he is.
Not 100% sure of this but I believe The Shadow is Shane.

http://www.forum.hartlepoolpost.co.uk/index.php/topic,19.msg1572.html#msg1572

mk1

Just been talking to a UKIP insider  and it seems they are going to sue over the claims about Tom Hind. It appears that the reporter invented some of the quotes and  Legal Opinion is they have a rock-solid case for a successful challenge and a claim for  substantial damages is to follow. It really is remiss of the reporter not to fact-check these stories before they get to print. Hind is a cracker-jack looney and  there is no need to make up stories about him because the truth is bad enough. Honestly you could not make it up and it pains me to think of Hind rolling in cash all for the sake of a single quote from the article.

But speaking to the Mail today, Coun Hind stood by the comments and said he will not be standing down. He said his views were based on reading three books to learn more about Islam including the Qur'an. Coun Hind said: "In those books it's about 2% religion and 98% political ideology. "I found it was incompatible with UKIP and its ethics. They are my own personal views and it is not UKIP policy to stop any Muslim joining UKIP. "If I can't have my own personal views then it's a lack of freedom of speech. "I am certainly not standing down from my position as a councillor." Coun Hind denied accusations of racism saying: "Someone has branded me a racist and that's an opinion they have, it's not fact."

I ask you who would even think for a second that Hind had read three books?

akarjl

Quote from: mk1 on June 01, 2017, 04: PM
Just been talking to a UKIP insider  and it seems they are going to sue over the claims about Tom Hind. It appears that the reporter invented some of the quotes and  Legal Opinion is they have a rock-solid case for a successful challenge and a claim for  substantial damages is to follow.

I am surprised UKIP could afford legal advice. Surely Legal aid is not available for civil cases? It will be interesting to see if Hindquarters publicly accuses the reporter of lying?

Quote from: mk1 on June 01, 2017, 04: PM
I ask you who would even think for a second that Hind had read three books?

Of course he has.. The Beano Annual,Dot to Dot and probably a range colouring books.

The snail report advises Hindquarters is a "member of the Theosophical Society"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theosophical_Society

Not that that means it is true...

steveL

Not buying that....the story appeared in the Echo this morning then only later on the Mail website. So why in the Mail story does Hind not say that it's untrue or that he has been mis-quoted?

9:02 This morning: "I see beanzontoast becoming quite vocal at some point today.  Probably saying he has been misquoted or some other bollox"

On second thoughts, I think the joke was too subtle for me...... ::)
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

I bet Hind is so thick he does not know that Judaism/Christianity/Islam all worship the same god and are basically 3 sects/branches of the same tree. I bet even more money he is unaware 'Jesus/Isa ibn Maryam' is a Muslim  prophet