risk assessment for seaton and headland paddling pools

Started by jawsbbc, May 26, 2017, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Land Phil

Line the pools with the surplus beige ILC carpet and that will soften any falls, cover any cracks etc.

akarjl

QuoteThe selected artist will receive a fee of up to £20,000 to produce their proposed sculpture, subject to stage two of the council's Coastal Communities Fund application being successful.

A sum of £10,000 would also be available to cover design costs.

For something that nobody will visit because of moronic parking charges,vandals will destroy, dogs c**k their legs up at and probably scrappy will have away....rather than operating the two pools so kids can enjoy them throughout the summer season?

QuoteCouncillor Kevin Cranney, chairman of Hartlepool Borough Council's regeneration services committee, added: "The town has an impressive array of Victorian monuments, but very little sculpture has been added in recent years.

Nearly choked on coffee when I saw the word Cranney and sculpture in the same sentence. Does he realise it will not be shaped like a banana or made out of play-doh?

fred c

The only real plus that has come from Mad Dogs parking c**k up is the the Seaton Carew News FB Page, the Moderators co-ordinate a 1st class community and social media facility, that is an example for every ward in the town.

Pressure brought to bare via a SCN user starting a petition and the community banding together on the SCN Face Book page, forced the council to re-think parts of the parking charge scheme......... that would not have happened if not for strong community action.

I don't believe the residents of Seaton will standby and allow any of the coastal community funding to be to be channelled in the direction of Craney and his almost defunct Jutty Road UB, in fact, the reaction would be a far more volatile and vociferous than in the the case of parking charge imposition,  Craney like Lying Ste and Cwistopher has been sussed out for what he is........ the council should be extremely cautious about the distribution of the coastal community funding.......or they will have to reap what they sow.

Land Phil

Surely H&S has been in an lace for the last umpteen years and it should just be a case of rubber stamping a new copy of last years.

Something the person that duplicated the MRA accounts can help with ?

akarjl

Quote from: fred c on May 28, 2017, 07: PM
Pressure brought to bare via a SCN user starting a petition and the community banding together on the SCN Face Book page, forced the council to re-think parts of the parking charge scheme......... that would not have happened if not for strong community action.

True Fred But what they should be doing is force the council to do away with the charges...do not settle for a "re-think"...seriously...Mad Dog and rethink, that would imply any thought was given to the people and business in Seaton, which is seen as cash honey pot throughout the summer.

How is the parking situation over the bank holiday weekend?

fred c

Quote from: akarjl on May 28, 2017, 07: PM
Quote from: fred c on May 28, 2017, 07: PM

True Fred But what they should be doing is force the council to do away with the charges...do not settle for a "re-think"...seriously...Mad Dog and rethink, that would imply any thought was given to the people and business in Seaton, which is seen as cash honey pot throughout the summer.

How is the parking situation over the bank holiday weekend?

I totally agree that Seaton and town wide residents should continue to batter away at the ill conceived and poorly implemented Parking Tax imposed on Seaton, the LabMob certainly didn't expect the kick in the Ginger Fudd that they received.
They have made over 3500 deadly enemies all with long memories of the direct attack on Seaton Carew, a good number of SCN followers have been made aware of the political situation in the town and I feel sure they will be highly motivated cpme the council elections in May 2018.

jawsbbc

ask yourselves this why is cab photographed talking about seaton  regeneration when stood at jutland road ??? why not seaton front ?? why has cranney moved his ofca offices down to jutland road because its called SEATON GRANGE thats why

Land Phil

He wouldn't dare pose in Seaton basketball court a bomb site of an old tennis court that has had no attention as long as I have been alive.

You would have thought the selling off o the sports hall, youth club etc. would have afforded a resurfacing of the remaining facilities.

jawsbbc

LAND PHIL i was also alarmed by the state of them  sad nothing for the kids down there hbc are making sure of it >:(

fred c

Typical examples of a policy of Non Maintenance..... Seaton and the Headlands Paddling Pools, the Seaton and Brierton School Tennis Courts, Several Basket Ball Courts and the town....... All relatively cheap to maintain, if it is done on a regular basis, all extremely important in the fitness health and well being of young people.

Millions of pounds thrown down the drain by the LabTor coalition on all sorts of pie in the sky schemes, yet low cost facilities are ignored in favour of re-generation projects that are glossing over the real needs of the town.

grim reaper

Fred, Fred, Fred.
Both you and I KNOW the reason why mtce. of facilities is non-existent in this town of ours...THEY haven't yet figured out a way to make large amounts of money out of it.  One assumes that time will come.  :(

On an unrelated topic, we are having a 'garden party' next weekend, weather permitting.  :P
My wife and I sat down to compile the guest list, drinks list, food list etc.
It was only when we had finished and were made to forgo some friends names from the list (due to logistics), I said to 'er indoors, the issue of numbers/food/drink, is the perfect analogy for controlling numbers into this country.

We can't 'service' large volumes of people in one go. We need to control the volume to what we can afford at the time.
Ergo, some friends will be off this list but on the list for the next party in August (or thereabouts).
So if my 'posts' next weekend are a bit 'squiffy', blame the Lanson!  :-[

This post ought to please our resident bong eyed racist loony, I've skirted the EUSSR.

Heknocks68

Wellbeing squad need to live in the town to understand it, beneficial to them not to experience that which the rest of us do, ignorance is bliss, and the council tax is far cheaper

Gustaf I of England + BWH

The Council are advertising for a Senior Health and Safety Adviser to take the place of the current deputy (she's taking over from the boss who is moving on) for 6 months (trial period ?) at a salary of £29,323-£31,601. The ideal person should be capable of "influencing managers to take a course of action they are unsure of". Sounds like fun, anyone interested ?

https://www.northeastjobs.org.uk/job/Senior_Health_and_Safety_Adviser/163315

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Heknocks68 on May 31, 2017, 09: PM
Wellbeing squad need to live in the town to understand it, beneficial to them not to experience that which the rest of us do, ignorance is bliss, and the council tax is far cheaper
I'd like every senior officer to live in the town. No point saying it's a great place, but don't expect me to live there.
The other plus being sharing the consequences of their decisions with the rest of us.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.