Stagecoach buses.

Started by Inspector Knacker, May 09, 2021, 07: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Ah well back to normal.
I don't know who sold them the idea of painting their buses like cheap washing powder cartons, but they look bloody awful, and will take some keeping clean.
Why the need to keep changing the corporate image all the time, it doesn't attract more passengers, just adds to costs.
London Transport buses are red, always been red, seems to work with an image of security, permanence and must be a lot cheaper to apply than pretty bubble and swoops on the bus.
While I'm at it, Stagecoach has a sub division in the area with only Stockton and Hartlepool garages, can anyone explain why ALL  the new buses over the past 10 years have gone to Stockton, slightly bigger ones to boot and Hartlepool looks to be the recipient of second hand cast offs from Geordieland?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

jeffh

My understanding is that Stagecoach have been investing in Medium & Large Buses - Enviro 300, 400 and the MMC equivalence

The Hartlepool requirement is for smaller Enviro 200 buses which are used around the town

The last batch into Stockton are the ones being used on the 36

Inspector Knacker

The buses in Stockton are dimensionally  larger, therefore more spacious and accessible. As buses in both towns are being used for exactly the same work why do they get the larger ones, do the good people of Teesside have larger backsides....? The requirement should be identical in both towns and if they can come up with a reason why not, ( which I doubt) why do Hartlepool get 10 year old buses shunted down from Tyneside that they consider surplus to requirements instead of new buses.
I suspect they do it because they can.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Doesn't the bulk of Hartlepool bus services stop in the early evening?

akarjl2

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on May 10, 2021, 10: AM
Doesn't the bulk of Hartlepool bus services stop in the early evening?

Buses was something MK Zero fixated on before his/her wanderings were curtailed by covid.....
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

Inspector Knacker

The 'Covid' variant he has is being contrary......Claiming Outstanding Victory In Defeat.