Well, well, well.

Started by Inspector Knacker, May 07, 2021, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

That wasn't a win, it was a romp.
It shouldn't be a surprise, but I think the history of Labour over the past twenty years had a bit more to do with it than Starmers ability as Labour leader. The Council chamber became a joke, it was more the Palace of Versailles than a seat of local government, with pompous promises, vanity projects galore and a personality cult built around people with no personality at all.
The ruling clique were world famous .... but only in the civic Centre and ego's ran rampant.
It crashed and burned eventually.
However our local MP looked like someone who'd won a raffle to be an MP for the day and decided he'd stay on.....he was the anonymous man, the apparatchik with no real opinion on anything, he was just there filling the space marked MP.
Following that was always gonna be a problem, the choice of candidate was the final straw. He may have looked the 'outstanding candidate' at party headquarters, but he had baggage that was lethal.
To make it worse they rode into town like knights in shining armour banging the drum of salvation and deliverance attracting the spotlight on themselves ..... trouble was the media and social media did just that!
So while Starmer gets it in the ear, he should give his researchers a kick up the a**e for letting him down regarding the candidate and the 15 years past history of Labour in the town
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Must admit that, although I expected a small Conservative majority, the gap between them and Labour ended up being huge. Did Williams come with too much baggage?

In the meanwhile, it seems like the infighting in the Labour party has intensified - with the left baying for blood.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on May 07, 2021, 09: AM
Must admit that, although I expected a small Conservative majority, the gap between them and Labour ended up being huge. Did Williams come with too much baggage?

In the meanwhile, it seems like the infighting in the Labour party has intensified - with the left baying for blood.
The left have got them in this spot in the first place. They can't get it into their heads that the Labour Party and working people are drifting apart. I can foresee a change in the shadow cabinet that may see some more over opinionated members getting pushed out.
The Labour spokesman doing the rounds annoyed me in the terms he used when referring to the town as basically being their pet fiefdom..... that's why you lost pal.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.