Sam Lee doesn’t land on.....

Started by Inspector Knacker, May 04, 2021, 07: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

my doormat. No pamphlet, but luckily I suppose as my Norwegian Terrier has this savage disdain for pamphlets.
So I had to resort to the interwebby thing as even Ward Jackson's bairn sent me a glossy circular despite having a snowballs chance in hell of winning.
Now while I could vote for the right independent, they need exceptional qualities that are few and far between and none are anywhere near showing in this by-election.
Even the most exceptional of independents will be shunted into the Westminster sidings and left on a very low light and courteously ignored till the next election. Being a one topic independent will only add to the misery. Of course there is the option of joining another party once ensconced, but that really would be a step too far.

She talks up the advantages of Hartlepool becoming a Freeport....that was the work of the Tory Mayor.

She says 'put in an independent and they demand what's due for Hartlepool and nothing else'. You can demand till the cows come home for all the good it'll do you, as MP's from the major Party's have much more access to the corridors of power than a repetitive one trick pony with a grievance, no matter how aggrieved they may well be.

She makes great player of future employment prospects for the town's youth and local opportunities, tell me, where is your company based....?

What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

The Great Dictator

On principle I wouldn't vote for a single woman with a child under 18, it allows for too much absenteeism.

We don't elect an MP on the basis that they re-open our youth clubs.

Lucy Lass-Tick

An independent - no matter how capable - could only be a lone voice echoing around the halls of Westminster.

Inspector Knacker

Electing an independent to Parliament is usually a one topic local event which so outrages the local electorate, results in election but not very often.

The closest we came was hospital services going west, but oddly enough when the chance came to vote, we suddenly had a plethora of 'independent' groups supposedly fighting to retain services which effectively snuffed out any united hope of fighting the decision.
Since then, every one horse hopeful has promised to 'fight to return services', like a magical mantra, electoral bait, we even have the absurd situation where one of the architects of the loss of services is standing for election on a platform of returning the said services.
You couldn't make it up.

Inspector Knacker

See her up on stage for the declaration where she squeezed in camera left. She did not look too happy, you'd have thought she was the losing Labour candidate.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on May 07, 2021, 09: AM
See her up on stage for the declaration where she squeezed in camera left. She did not look too happy, you'd have thought she was the losing Labour candidate.

As a PR person, maybe she believed her own publicity & thought she might actually win?

Inspector Knacker

Williams was soon off stage, like a greased torpedo out of the tube.
Probably had cancel the coronation and open top bus tour....subject to COVID regs of course.🚌