Election logic

Started by Inspector Knacker, April 26, 2021, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Elections to me, are a market place. They parade fawningly before us with their wares, you eliminate the extremists, the fantasists, the the fanatics and then you read between the lines and you work out what's best for you and yours.
Don't tie yourself to ANY party, that's selling your soul to the devil for eternity.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Lucy Lass-Tick

I've never understood the 'my party - right or wrong' variety of devotion. Just spotted this article in the Express; if it is correct, why did Labour refuse to allow Owen Jones (who's not exactly right wing) permission to interview Williams? Weird.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/labour-running-scared-in-hartlepool-starmer-mocked-after-owen-jones-interview-blocked/ar-BB1g3CI1?ocid=msedgntp

Lucy Lass-Tick

Update - seems that Labour's changed tack & is now going to permit Williams to be interviewed by Owen Jones.

Inspector Knacker

They can bask in each other's reflected glory.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on April 26, 2021, 04: PM
They can bask in each other's reflected glory.

And boost each others egos? ....

Inspector Knacker

The kind of people who can brighten any event by leaving it. A political Pantomime horse filled to brimming with manic vanity.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on April 26, 2021, 10: PM
The kind of people who can brighten any event by leaving it. A political Pantomime horse filled to brimming with manic vanity.

A pantomime horse without the ordure?  ::) Oh ... maybe not ...

Inspector Knacker

They'll have it by the bucketload, coming out of both ends.
The keen gardeners complete with shovel and bag, will be following them in their droves reaping a rich harvest.
Mind you, maybe a bull suit rather than a horse might be more appropriate. ;D ;D