I must apologise.

Started by Inspector Knacker, April 25, 2021, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

I may have given the impression that the top echelons of the Labour Party were in charge of selecting Williams as candidate and they really hadn't done their homework on his background regarding the loss of hospital services. I was mistaken.
I came across an article in the Evening Standard with several enlightening quotes, such as....

A spokesman for the Hartlepool constituency Labour Party said "Dr Williams was the standout choice" although reports suggested he was the only candidate put forward.

or even blaming the Tories for .....

'....and taken services from our hospital......'

also.....

'we don't want people to have to travel out of town to get good jobs OR TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL'.

Very enlightening, so did the local Constituency Party have any idea of his part in the loss of hospital services....? After all you were in Government at the time and in charge ( in the loosest sense) locally at the time.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Lucy Lass-Tick

It was a one man shortlist, according to a leaked memo from HCLP.

Inspector Knacker

If they'd put a cardboard cut out of 'Dr No' up by mistake, they'd have rallied round and toed the Party line, applauding the stand out  candidate (or cardboard cut out), it's what they do.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.