You cannot be serious.

Started by Inspector Knacker, April 18, 2021, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

A friend gave me a copy of the local council election candidates for the Manor House ward.
The front page trumpeted the message...
.Our Labour team has new, candidates new idea's, and a plan for a better Hartlepool.
Two of the new 'candidates', were very familiar to me, namely Pamela Hargreaves and Steve Wallace.... new candidates, how? Have they had a political re-spray?
The use of the word 'new' is stretching credibility.
A quote from Wallace's blurb..... For six years I was chair of NHS Hartlepool, working to improve health and well being in our local communities. Ah yes, I remember it well.

Just a fussy note here, the joint statement they submitted was 'signed' by all three hopefuls with the formal names printed below in bold print. Sadly, their  so called 'signatures' were all in the same identical font. Signatures?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Isn't Steve Wallace the guy in the driving seat when SAB & co. signed away hospital services?

Inspector Knacker

He was Chairman when the proposals were put forward to transfer services to North Tees in 2007, that's four years before the A&E was shut. That turned out well didn't it. I remember at the time Councillors in Stockton kicked off big time at the proposal to transfer maternity services to Hartlepool and almost immediately the Trust caved in to them. In contrast, apart from one or two fighters in the chamber,  the rest just looked the other way and meekly accepted what was proposed.
I always assumed the powers in charge bring in controversial proposals hoping that after the initial storm and fury, everyone affected will just grudgingly accept the new norm.
Funny how nearly every hopeful candidate now vows to fight to restore services.

akarjl2

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on April 18, 2021, 08: PM
Isn't Steve Wallace the guy in the driving seat when SAB & co. signed away hospital services?

He was also Mandys agent I believe

https://www.newstatesman.com/node/193982

After an argument in the street between Mandy and his neighbours (the Leslies) his "agent" commented:

Quotethe Leslies ought to be grateful that the security around Mandelson also protects their home from being blown up.

Something you have to consider if you live in Hutton Avenue? ;)
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

Inspector Knacker

With these bright new faces, I assume Labour think the local electorate have a memory span of about 5 minutes. Is it true they store old Councillors, freeze their heads and stick em on new bodies and send these old political cut and shuts as shines new models.
It might just work with the CAN'T VOTE TORY, ME GRANDA VOTED LABOUR, ME DOG VOTES LABOUR, TORY'S PUT ME GRANDA OUT OF A JOB IN 1911, etc etc etc ad nauseum ...meanwhile back in the present day, things have moved on a tad.

akarjl2

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on April 20, 2021, 07: AM
TORY'S PUT ME GRANDA OUT OF A JOB IN 1911, etc etc etc ad nauseum

Is MK0 off premod sounds a lot like his/her/its logic?

Inspector Knacker

I think he's blown his tanks and is laying on the bottom till the Williams depth charges blow over..

akarjl2

Local camera man up for erection election....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9497669/Convicted-sex-offender-41-stands-election-MP-Hartlepool.html

QuoteConvicted sex offender, 41, stands for election as MP for Hartlepool – saying he didn't admit to locals that he was sentenced for filming unconscious naked woman 'to see if he would be found out'

Ok I will admit this is one bloke I won't vote fore even as a protest vote .........

Inspector Knacker

You really do have to question how someone like this can be so dumb as to stand.

akarjl2

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on April 22, 2021, 07: AM
You really do have to question how someone like this can be so dumb as to stand.

Would have been a good candidate for labour maybe?

Inspector Knacker

I dread to think what his 'manifesto' would contain!!!

Lucy Lass-Tick

Well, it has certainly drawn attention away from Williams' plight. Wonder if he was set up as a decoy?  ::)

akarjl2

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on April 22, 2021, 10: AM
Well, it has certainly drawn attention away from Williams' plight. Wonder if he was set up as a decoy?  ::)

Thats the sort of thing I would do ;)

Then again doesn't strike me as particularly bright and would soon let the cat out of the bag for more money if that was the case.

Inspector Knacker

What the daft lad's criminal record antics as a decoy, or the Labour Party itself set up as a decoy....?

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on April 22, 2021, 03: PM
What the daft lad's criminal record antics as a decoy, or the Labour Party itself set up as a decoy....?

Now that would be saying ...  ;)