Another one arrives.

Started by Inspector Knacker, April 14, 2021, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Another treat from REFORM UK, boldly stamped out on the glossy sheet for their candidate for MP.
The candidate, a Mr John Prescott, surely not, yes definitely not, poses in the usual locations, Historic Quay, Christ Church but wisely avoids the cliche that is the Marina. However, the four power points they highlight are just downright vague and a bit same old, same old.
Smiling benignly from the opposite page is Richard Tice in Mona Lisa pose, either that or the realisation has yet to dawn that the political buffers and electoral oblivionhave not yet come into sight.

There is just a couple of points on the shinier pamphlet that made me realise I wasn't voting for you and won't be voting for you now if you paid me a Kings ransom.

1. You live in Houghton le Spring, couldn't they get a local candidate?

2. Of the three  prominent points on the front of the pamphlet, two are so dreadfully bland they make your eyes bleed, but the third announces...FIGHT AGAINST MORE LOCKDOWNS.  Re-open and rebuild .Seriously? Would I elect someone with a policy like that, no!
As for 're-open and re-rebuild' how about Re-open and re-admit to hospital'?

P.S. What does this 'fight' involve, mobilising the Captain Caveman and the Flat Earth Society to unite with all the conspiracy theorists to organise Operation Luddite....? We should be told, alternatively however, I prefer the advice of the medical profession.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Sounds like ill defined pie in the sky. Worthy of a fourth form civics debate?

Inspector Knacker

It really is bland. I think a fourth form debate is paying them a big tribute.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.