Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on April 11, 2021, 08: AM
At least I have a style..............

and terrible eyesight.

Try this:

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on April 10, 2021, 07: PM

Conservative corruption is always interesting. More so when its supporters are desperate to  cover it up. 
Here is the Tory spokesperson giving us the TDC Vision of our future:

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/whatevers-happened-to-hartlepool-a-new-historic-seaport-a-mall-with-versace-and-armani-a-marina-and-a-museum-designed-by-norman-foster-jonathan-glancey-meets-the-man-with-a-pounds-1bn-plan-for-teesside-1384314.html

We sit outside an 18th century tavern (or what looks like one). 'The tavern didn't exist a day before it opened', says Hall. 'We had a set designer fit it out in less than 24-hours'. Today, it is jammed full. 'It'll be more popular next year when we open the biggest and best bingo hall in the country here.' The quay is expected to attract half-a-million visitors in 1995.

'There's no attraction to match this within miles. You've got York Minster and the Norvik Centre, Durham Cathedral and Beamish Open Air Museum, and that's it. By December we'll have Jackson's Landing, a mall of between 25 and 30 big name designer shops - Armani, Versace, the lot, and eight class restaurants. They'll come from miles away to shop here.'

Will they? Hall cites the example of the designer shopping mall opened recently in Street, Somerset where coachloads of shoppers pile down from Liverpool, Manchester and the West Midlands every day.

'The other dock is the site of the new Imperial War Museum. It's by Sir Norman Foster. We've got him on a design and build contract so we can get it built and fitted out in 52 weeks. We're also building 800 new homes around the new marina. We've sold most of them. You tell me which are council flats and which belong to yachties. You can't, can you? I like to see everyone mixed together, real life coming back to the town.'

Although not quite yet. Towns do not grow or repair themselves quickly. The encouraging sign is that the marina, quay and mall are linked to the town centre, unlike, say, the new marina at Southampton. Duncan Hall and his team are learning from the mistakes of earlier development corporations.

You come out with this chip on shoulder nonsense but tell me what would be there if the Marina hadn't been built, derelict dock land with long tails galore, if that turns you on you have my very deepest sympathy.
Name one similar project a Labour government ever  splashed on Hartlepool.
At the time of the development Cleveland County Council in it's death throes, was in favour of filling the docks in and building social housing as an alternative. I suspect that dovetailed nicely with their vision of Hartlepool as being a dormitory/feeder town for their vision of New York on the Tees at the boro.
I know exactly which option I prefer.

I know which option I prefer
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on April 11, 2021, 08: AM
At least I have a style..............

and terrible eyesight.

Try this:

Would that be the 'eye test' for obedient apparatchiks of the Party.

mk1

Would that be the 'eye test' for obedient apparatchiks of the Party.

Or a test for spoonerism

cupid stunt:

https://vimeo.com/535441654

mk1

At the time of the development Cleveland County Council in it's death throes, was in favour of filling the docks in and building social housing as an alternative.

All in pink is filled -in water.

West Hartlepool docks died with coal. It was the only reason the town was built.

mk1

their vision of New York on the Tees at the boro.

I know exactly which option I prefer.

I know which option I prefer

And just like the song  it was 'so good you said it twice'

akarjl2

Quote from: mk1 on April 11, 2021, 09: AM
West Hartlepool docks died with coal.

LOL More drivel- Hartlepool is a major export hub for inter array wind farm cables manufactured at JDR- I have loaded vessels and sailed from the port many times over last 10 years barring cables.

Purpose built cable laying vessels - not former colliers.

Get your facts right.
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

diSme

Quote from: akarjl2 on April 11, 2021, 11: AM

LOL More drivel- Hartlepool is a major export hub for inter array wind farm cables manufactured at JDR- I have loaded vessels and sailed from the port many times over last 10 years barring cables.

Get your facts right.

I don't think he does up-to-date information...
I believe everything and nothing

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: akarjl2 on April 11, 2021, 11: AM

Get your facts right.
He despises this town. God knows why he lives here.

Inspector Knacker

At the time of the development Cleveland County Council in it's death throes, was in favour of filling the docks in and building social housing as an alternative.

All in pink is filled -in water.

West Hartlepool docks died with coal. It was the only reason the town was built.

All those 'docks' apart from one, were timber ponds, not docks. The only dock filled in was the Union Dock, the rest were filled in a long time ago. If you are going to present these picture shows, do some research.

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on April 11, 2021, 01: PM

All those 'docks' apart from one, were timber ponds, not docks.

Good job I said 'filled in water' then. It not just phantom spoons you are seeing.

This might help you

The only dock filled in was the Union Dock, the rest were filled in a long time ago.

Filling in started in the 1950s and Swainson was completely filled 1970/71. Here you can see the final section of water being covered

Union Dock was there until early 1990s

and once gone there is no way any shipping can use the old West Hartlepool Docks ever again. At least it will prevent them moving the  Trincomalee.
As I stated earlier West Hartlepool Docks ceased to have any real purpose when coal lost its crown and the blocking of any sea access for shipping is confirmation 'The Docks' are gone
Created  1840s and experied 120 years later.

If you are going to present these picture shows, do some research.

Illustrated London News June 12 1852

Inspector Knacker

You are like someone who when you casually ask them what time is proceeds to explain how the watch works and the various theories relating to time itself. You never ask that person again.
This regrettable missionary urge of yours to address everyone as natives on some undiscovered island and proceed to bore the pants off them by talking down to everyone must have a medical name surely.

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on April 11, 2021, 05: PM

urge of yours to address everyone as natives on some undiscovered island and proceed to bore the pants off them

A) How can you address anyone on an 'undiscovered island'? Surely you mean 'recently discovered'.

B) Would said inhabitants of any such island actually be wearing pants in the first place? I am sure one of the first tasks  of Christian missionaries would be to get everyone start wearing  pants. 

mk1

mk1

See how much has gone