It’s arrived.... finally.

Started by Inspector Knacker, April 10, 2021, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

So the day dawned and the Labour Party way forward for Hartlepool arrived. My Norwegian Terrier beat me to it and after a savaging it in true Viking nature I recovered most of it from his Viking jaws.
Are we sitting comfortably children then I'll begin......
Uncle Paul was a bit vague on what exactly he was going to achieve, plenty of going to do but never explains how.
Now to cut Citizen Robespierre Mk1 off at the pass, I was the one who pointed out the massive mistake by the Tories of bringing in an outside candidate and still believe it will cost them dear. However Uncle Paul said.....
They've taken Hartlepool for granted by picking a candidate who is out of town, out of touch and has no connection with Hartlepool
Well Paul, do you live in the town? I know you're from the North East ....of Kent (Canterbury). North Yorkshire ain't Hartlepool, but at least I can easily see it from my bedroom window, but no matter how I try I can't see Canterbury Cathedral.

Then there's....
They've had 11 years ( the Tories) in government to show an interest in our town and they've failed
Where do we start, .... if you're going to make statements like that, DO YOUR HOMEWORK!
The Marina development was paid for by the Tories, then we had all those years under Tony and Gordon and even with Mandelson as MP we got nothing. All the latest developments were paid for by the Tories which were splurged by the dear leader on shiny, sparkly vanity projects projects which were so bankrupt on the imagination  side they just ripped out and redid what the Tory TDC in the 90's ... and did it worse.
I like the use of the word 'our', implying you're one of us. If so, how come I've never heard of you till you were parachuted in?

How about.....
Getting together with other local doctors, I 've brought back 24 hour service at the urgent care centre, but we need to do more.
What a pity your then Party predecessors in the Council Chamber couldn't.

Or even.....
I have a record of bringing things back to Hartlepool.
Really, what exactly are they?

The Labour Group Leader says she's backing Dr Paul, it would have been odd if she wasn't.
Who writes these things.....?  when he's describing the town centre as 'vibrant' you really have to wonder how gullible they think the electorate are.

What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on April 10, 2021, 03: PM
However Uncle Paul said.....
They've taken Hartlepool for granted by picking a candidate who is out of town, out of touch and has no connection with Hartlepool

Which leaflet was he reading, Labour or Conservative?

mk1

The Marina development was paid for by the Tories, then we had all those years under Tony and Gordon and even with Mandelson as MP we got nothing.

Hey do not realise that 'the past' is off-limits.

Quote from: akarjl2 on April 10, 2021, 06: AM
Nobody really cares what happened 5 years ago.

And

Quote from: akarjl2 on April 09, 2021, 06: AM

2 years old article.............. Old news................... two years ago....

And

Quote from: akarjl2 on April 08, 2021, 07: PM
Old news 4 years ago.....

akarjl2

Quote from: mk1 on April 10, 2021, 04: PM

The Marina development was paid for by the Tories, then we had all those years under Tony and Gordon and even with Mandelson as MP we got nothing.

And

And

Penny has dropped then?
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

mk1

Quote from: akarjl2 on April 10, 2021, 05: PM
Quote from: mk1 on April 10, 2021, 04: PM

And

And

Penny has dropped then?

no

mk1

and redid what the Tory TDC in the 90's ... and did it worse.

Would that be the Tory TDC that claimed it left a surplus of £16 million when it was closed down  but was then discovered to be at least £23 million in debt (2002 figures) and later £40 million?

The TDC that spent its last weeks shredding every single 'suspect'  document in its files (it bought several industrial shredding machines in its last months)

and where assets simply disappeared to later turn up in the businesses of friends of the TDC Board?
It is very revealing that the most corrupt Business in the North East since T Dan Smith was operating is something you admire.

Here is the Official Report into the mismanagement

https://www.nao.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2002/02/0102640.pdf

diSme

Quote from: mk1 on April 10, 2021, 06: PM

Would that be the Tory TDC that claimed it left a surplus of £16 million when it was closed down  but was then discovered to be at least £23 million in debt (2002 figures) and later £40 million?

The TDC that spent its last weeks shredding every single 'suspect'  document in its files (it bought several industrial shredding machines in its last months)

and where assets simply disappeared to later turn up in the businesses of friends of the TDC Board?
It is very revealing that the most corrupt Business in the North East since T Dan Smith was operating is something you admire.

Can you just stop with the history lessons, please....

Surely we should be discussing what's right in front of our faces, not what happened 20 or more years ago.....
I believe everything and nothing

mk1

Quote from: diSme on April 10, 2021, 07: PM

Surely we should be discussing what's right in front of our faces, not what happened 20 or more years ago.....

err didn't someone say we should emulate the TDC?

I just skimmed through your posting history and found  you had no complaints when 'old' Labour misdeeds are brought and even thanked someone for posting a list of Labour misdeeds.  What exactly is the problem when a Conservative misdeed is aired? Is it not, like the Labour  list ' food for thought?

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on April 10, 2021, 06: PM

The party of the first part, henceforth known as the party of the second part shall henceforth bla, blah, blah... there's boxes of flea powder with instructions more interesting than that.

Inspector Knacker

He never does that. Unless of course it serves his distracting purpose. He jumps about like flea in a kangaroos pouch to whatever suits his needs. There are no reasonable rules of debate, no compromises, just a need to better any opponent and see himself as top dog.

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on April 10, 2021, 07: PM

The party of the first part, henceforth known as the party of the second part shall henceforth bla, blah, blah...

Makes more sense than your normal posting style.

Conservative corruption is always interesting. More so when its supporters are desperate to  cover it up. 
Here is the Tory spokesperson giving us the TDC Vision of our future:

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/whatevers-happened-to-hartlepool-a-new-historic-seaport-a-mall-with-versace-and-armani-a-marina-and-a-museum-designed-by-norman-foster-jonathan-glancey-meets-the-man-with-a-pounds-1bn-plan-for-teesside-1384314.html

We sit outside an 18th century tavern (or what looks like one). 'The tavern didn't exist a day before it opened', says Hall. 'We had a set designer fit it out in less than 24-hours'. Today, it is jammed full. 'It'll be more popular next year when we open the biggest and best bingo hall in the country here.' The quay is expected to attract half-a-million visitors in 1995.

'There's no attraction to match this within miles. You've got York Minster and the Norvik Centre, Durham Cathedral and Beamish Open Air Museum, and that's it. By December we'll have Jackson's Landing, a mall of between 25 and 30 big name designer shops - Armani, Versace, the lot, and eight class restaurants. They'll come from miles away to shop here.'

Will they? Hall cites the example of the designer shopping mall opened recently in Street, Somerset where coachloads of shoppers pile down from Liverpool, Manchester and the West Midlands every day.

'The other dock is the site of the new Imperial War Museum. It's by Sir Norman Foster. We've got him on a design and build contract so we can get it built and fitted out in 52 weeks. We're also building 800 new homes around the new marina. We've sold most of them. You tell me which are council flats and which belong to yachties. You can't, can you? I like to see everyone mixed together, real life coming back to the town.'

Although not quite yet. Towns do not grow or repair themselves quickly. The encouraging sign is that the marina, quay and mall are linked to the town centre, unlike, say, the new marina at Southampton. Duncan Hall and his team are learning from the mistakes of earlier development corporations.

akarjl2

So I am not the only person bored by MKzeros rants? It appears he's seething at being constantly challenged.....keep it up.

akarjl2

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on April 10, 2021, 07: PM
Quote from: Inspector Knacker on April 10, 2021, 07: PM

The party of the first part, henceforth known as the party of the second part shall henceforth bla, blah, blah...

Makes more sense than your normal posting style..
At least I have a style.