Houchen damage Limitation exercise

Started by mk1, March 31, 2021, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

Interesting article in the latest Private Eye about the Freeport decision. A leaked memo shows Teesside scored lower than Tyneside and would lose out so 'special considerations' were introduced to  surreptitiously boost Houchen's election chances and to prevent a  strong Labour voting area from getting any  benefit.

akarjl2

and....and Labour have done so much for the town.........
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

akarjl2

Good......so we are get benefits of Freeport status.

Next.......

mk1

Freeports were a failed Thatcherite initiative. She set up 6 in the 1980s and they were not successful so Cameron shut them in 2012.  Its amusing to see  low-in formation Government cyphers  in blissful ignorance of this fact.   

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on April 03, 2021, 06: AM
Our last Tory MP was the one who allowed 'old' Hartlepool  Railway station to be closed.
Oh dear, that really is scraping the barrel.
You'll be happy with the Labour candidate, apparently he's going to get the courts and police station opened up. Really? He should be asking why his predecessors and Councillors stood by while it all happened. What next, the hospital returned to normal service...and what role did he apparently play there during the Covid crisis?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on April 03, 2021, 05: PM

You'll be happy with the Labour candidate...............

Not very bright are you?
I explained my views many times but you are so blinkered,  so deep in your bunker that you immediately mark anyone who does not express 150% support for your (extreme) political preference  as an enthusiastic supporter of those you hate.

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on April 03, 2021, 05: PM
apparently he's going to get the courts and police station opened up.....

I need no lectures on what happened to the Probation/courts/Police Station from you. I was on to it long before anyone else here

This from 2013 

Question asked :
Quote from: for fawkes sake on December 19, 2013, 09: PM
Middlesbrough and Stockton have become Black Holes of infinite gravity sucking the lifeblood out of the surrounding area. Anyone care to guess what the next emigrant to the Tees Valley Dream will be?

My reply:

Quote from: mk1 on December 19, 2013, 10: PM
I reckon the courts and probation services...........

I was (as usual) 100% correct.

Oh and the person (still)  concentrating everything of any real value in 'Boro is Houtchen

akarjl2

akarjl2

Odd it seems the penny has not dropped.

The reality is the few people who actually frequent this forum these days live in the real world and are in contact with reality.

The various post made by MK0 are basically comedy snippets to be either ignored or laughed at. Nobody REALY cares what he posts as it is normally nonsense variations of sitting on a fence trawling up old news and videos .

When I am bored with watching paint dry I come on here and either pull the rug from under him or infuriate him. Everything else is a waste of energy.

I guess I should learn when I look at the forum and see  a long post full of YouTube and images there is no point in reading it....

but someone has to poke him with a stick......

I suppose things will continue this way until he can use his bus pass or cheap rail tickets and have his day trips again....bless

mk1

There is no difference between the two main parties. I can only second what Fred said. Labour and Conservative are joined at the hip.

Quote from: fred c
I had time for Shane, we probably didn`t agree on many subjects but I believe he always wanted the best for Hartlepool & not himself & being a decent bloke probably doesn`t get you very far in politics.

Even with the newly parachuted in PPC the Tories are a poisoned challace in Hartlepool thanks to the voting record of Wells, Morris & Loynes.

There have been some absolute beauties over the years, but the humdinger in my mind was when the 3 of them voted for the Council Tax Payers to continue paying for a Full Time Union Official in HBC.

Tories............. My A**e

mk1

Local MPs have no power. The best description of the job I heard was by Tony Banks:

"To be honest, I found it intellectually numbing and tedious in the extreme. I most certainly won't miss the constituency work. I've got to tell you that honestly. It's 22 years of the same cases, but just the faces and the people changing. It might sound a little disparaging to say this about people's lives and their problems, and we did deal with them, ... but I got no satisfaction from this at all. I really didn't. And all you were was a sort of high-powered social worker and perhaps not even a good one at that.

MPs only become a force to be reckoned with when enough of them form a group and are a big enough voting block to cause problems for whichever pack of thieves happens to be running the country. That is why Shane let CAB get a chair-he needed the SCAB Cabal not to side with Labour so he shamelessly sold his soul to get the levers of power. Never underestimate the ambition of the little man.

akarjl2

6 years ago.........more trawling.....next.

akarjl2

Quote from: mk1 on April 03, 2021, 11: PM
Never underestimate the ambition of the little man.

from a little man?

mk1

Proof that no matter what Party you vote for nothing changes.
1962 when a Tory was the local MP.   Filmed in Avenue Road outside the old Labour Exchange and Wilf Aves the speaker:

https://vimeo.com/532783855

Inspector Knacker

Banging the same old beat of the day on the same old drum till his masters give him his new script.
His new fixation is the Tory from the early sixties, God knows why unless, Labour really are worried( God knows why). They say desperation takes many forms, but when his masters give him his orders Nk1 will obey. He's not paid to think, a mindless gopher is a happy gopher.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

akarjl2

Quote from: mk1 on April 04, 2021, 07: AM
Proof that no matter what Party you vote for nothing changes.
1962 when a Tory was the local MP.   Filmed in Avenue Road outside the old Labour Exchange and Wilf Aves the speaker:

All our yesterdays episode 4=save 5 minutes and ignore.