Houchen damage Limitation exercise

Started by mk1, March 31, 2021, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

Desperate to keep the Conservative Party and David Cameron links to the bank that failed hidden Ben  Houchen is trying to distract by putting all the blame on Gupta.

Let there be no doubt here, it was the failure of the dodgy bank (Lex Greensill) that did for Gupta and Houchen's reference to 'opaque financial arrangements' reveal how desperate he is to keep it all hidden.

https://www.facebook.com/TeesValleyMayor/posts/2942693192634392

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56583149

Labour says it has obtained an old business card that described financier Lex Greensill as a "senior adviser" in David Cameron's office.

The card includes a Downing Street email address, and what appears to be a direct line landline telephone number.

The party said it raised "further serious questions" about Mr Greensill's influence under the ex-PM.

The government has said Mr Greensill's role was unpaid and "approved in the normal manner".

The Sunday Times has reported that he was given "privileged access" to Whitehall when he worked as an unpaid adviser under the Conservative-Liberal Democrat coalition government.

Neither Mr Greensill nor Mr Cameron has commented on the matter.

Labour has also asked the committee to examine Mr Cameron's reported role in lobbying the government on behalf of Greensill Capital after the firm employed him as an adviser.

The Financial Times has previously reported that Mr Cameron unsuccessfully tried to increase the firm's involvement in a scheme offering government-backed loans to Covid-hit companies.

Greensill was accredited to supply lending under the government's Coronavirus Large Business Interruption Loan Scheme, before it filed for insolvency earlier this month.

Last week, Mr Cameron was cleared by a lobbying watchdog, after it concluded his work for the company did not require declaration on the register of consultant lobbyists.

Private Eye have been on to the bank for a while now and they have published a ton of articles about the Conserative links to Lex Greensill.

Inspector Knacker

Trying to distract? Really? So do you know that for a fact?
Or is it yet another example of a desperate Mk 1 scrambling about in another long winded and tedious please Vote Labour plea. ZZZZZZZZZZ!
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on April 01, 2021, 08: PM
scrambling about in another long winded and tedious please Vote Labour plea. ZZZZZZZZZZ!
I  say vote Reform Party

https://www.facebook.com/TheReformPartyUK/posts/769022643982502

cos if you don't he will chin you..............
https://vimeo.com/531972331

Inspector Knacker

You never answered the question, but then you never do. Or where you trying to distract with another unfunny bonny pictures medley.  ::)
So try answering the question or get get off the pot.

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on April 02, 2021, 06: AM
You never answered the question, but then you never do.

You seem to think you are in charge here and anything you say must be addressed immediately and to your satisfaction. Let me disabuse you of that notion.

No matter how many time I tell you not to be reactive poster and be continually responding you never seem to take any notice. Most of your time here is spent doing a Victor Meldrew impersonation where you seem to think endlessly repeating variations of  'I don't believe you' to all my posts is an effective rebuttal. Your not as far down the rabbit hole as the other nutter  but if your not careful you will end up as obsessively deranged  as him.

If you have a subject you want to air then get on with it. You are never ever going to land a killer -blow on me or come up with an effective gotcha. Your error is your blind fixation on winning every fight. The regular readers here (both of them) come for the razzmatazz. Think of it as the old Wrestling matches where fat old blokes belly-bumped each other whilst hordes of middle-aged women screamed  abuse at  the pair of them. It was (is) showbiz no one cared (cares) the bouts were fixed or that 2 of one of the  tag-teams are in the ring attacking just one of the other team. 

akarjl2

I suspect the "Inspecter" calling has tweaked a nerve. Someone doesn't like his flow of fence sitting pontification interrupting. ;) ;)

QuoteYou seem to think you are in charge here and anything you say must be addressed immediately and to your satisfaction. Let me disabuse you of that notion.

Thats funny coming from someone who appears to think this is HIS forum - who for a long while was only person posting....why because everyone else was either too busy having a life or busy trying to survive and in either case simple bored with your rambling drivel and videos.

QuoteYour not as far down the rabbit hole as the other nutter  but if your not careful you will end up as obsessively deranged  as him.

Wonder who that is Mr Piddle ?

Quoteland a killer -blow on me or come up with an effective gotcha. Your error is your blind fixation on winning every fight.

Cos Aaaahhhm well aaard me like

= If you can't take sh**e don't spout sh**e
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on April 02, 2021, 08: AM
Quote from: Inspector Knacker on April 02, 2021, 06: AM
You never answered the question, but then you never do.

You seem to think you are in charge here and anything you say must be addressed immediately and to your satisfaction. Let me d you of that notion.
I have no such delusion, I thought that was your delusion. It appears you object to being questioned or contradicted. Getting an answer from you is like trying to strike a match on a bar of soap.

No matter how many time I tell you not to be reactive poster and be continually responding you never seem to take any notice.
Why should I ?
Most of your time here is spent doing a Victor Meldrew impersonation where you seem to think endlessly repeating variations of  'I don't believe you' to all my posts is an effective rebuttal. Your not as far down the rabbit hole as the other nutter  but if your not careful you will end up as obsessively deranged  as him.
It appears you're not comfortable having your views challenged

If you have a subject you want to air then get on with it. You are never ever going to land a killer -blow on me or come up with an effective gotcha.
I'm not really that bothered.

Your error is your blind fixation on winning every fight.
I can safely leave that particular obsession to you.

The regular readers here (both of them) come for the razzmatazz.
Not something you're really noted for.

Think of it as the old Wrestling matches where fat old blokes belly-bumped each other whilst hordes of middle-aged women screamed  abuse at  the pair of them. It was (is) showbiz no one cared (cares) the bouts were fixed or that 2 of one of the  tag-teams are in the ring attacking just one of the other team.
What ever turns you on.

mk1

The mask (geddit?) slipped recently and It seems that some  Conservatives are now want to go  back to  the original Boris reaction to the pandemic. The  Cummings  plan that was ditched by Boris only when  the political cost of the deaths became too high.  To let the old and weak die and  keep the economy as the number one priority. 

Monday March 23 2020,  The Times

The row arose over a story in The Sunday Times about a meeting at the end of last month at which Mr Cummings set out the government's plan. One person there was quoted as describing Mr Cummings's strategy as "herd immunity, protect the economy, and if that means some pensioners die, too bad"

They think  the  serfs would  deliberately catching COVID in order to get  £500.

https://vimeo.com/532307040

akarjl2

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on April 01, 2021, 08: PM
So do you know that for a fact?

The 'damage' done by Cameron is that he successfully lobbied to get all  loans to Gupta  Government backed. That is when it all goes ti*ts -up  Greensill (The bank owner) walks away with his millions, Cameron keeps his commission and  the taxpayer pays the debts.
The usual way the Tories do things-look after your Eton mates  and fcuk the little people

https://www.ft.com/content/8baceeda-957a-409d-8061-17b70f298fe1

UK taxpayer exposed to Gupta and Greensill via £1bn debt guarantees
Backing for coronavirus schemes, and a Scottish power project, has officials scurrying to clarify public liability.

UK taxpayers are exposed to more than £1bn of debt from the troubled business empire of steel magnate Sanjeev Gupta and the collapsed finance group Greensill Capital via three government guarantees.

Using a state-backed coronavirus lending scheme, Greensill advanced hundreds of millions of pounds to companies linked to Gupta, according to people familiar with the matter, a much higher amount than previously known.

Officials are now working to assess whether the government has to stand behind the loans after Greensill filed for administration this week, threatening the future of Gupta's GFG Alliance, which was heavily reliant on the lender's financing.

Inspector Knacker

We can expect this twaddle till the by-election's over.
You remind me of my terrier digging the dirt when he gets a scent of anything vaguely resembling prey, unlike you he can be relied to actually catch something occasionally as opposed to just digging holes for yourself with no reward. He could teach you something.

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on April 02, 2021, 08: PM
unlike you he can be relied to actually catch something occasionally..............

Given 90% of your posts are you braying you don't care  about my posts, that you don't read them or believe them your claim that I never 'catch' anything is demonstrably false.

Like the proverbial lobster you failed to notice the rising temperature of the water.

mk1

I looked back to the record of out last Tory MP. It seems all he did was preside over the closure of the shipyard. 

akarjl2

and Labour have done so much for the town.........

mk1

Our last Tory MP was the one who allowed 'old' Hartlepool  Railway station to be closed.