Reasons NOT to vote labour - apart from obvious

Started by akarjl2, March 25, 2021, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akarjl2

I'll start with this little gem

https://order-order.com/2021/03/25/longstanding-tees-valley-councillor-thrown-out-of-labour-over-opposition-to-mp-selection-stitch-up/

QuoteA Labour councillor has been 'thrown out' of the party after protesting the single name stitch up shortlist that installed ex-MP Paul Williams as the party's candidate. The party itself had admitted in a leaked internal memo that Paul Williams – who had been standing to become Police and Crime Commissioner, and was previously an MP for Stockton South isn't "quite as well informed as we'd like them to be re the town and our electorate".
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

akarjl2

and the clowns that keep giving.....

https://order-order.com/2021/03/17/exclusive-internal-hartlepool-labour-memo-plans-by-election-candidate-stitch-up/

QuoteUnder a section of the document entitled "Parliamentary Election Brief", the local party chiefs concede:

"It seems clear that the party and Paul aren't quite as well informed as we'd like them to be re the town and our electorate – as soon as were able I believe we need to arrange meetings with Paul, LOTO and the CLPs election team to go through a full briefing and plan. They won't win this if they take a generic and national approach,is key we provide them with the info they need and are robust enough in our arguments to ensure they listen."

mk1

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/blow-tories-councillors-resign-sit-20252998

Councillor Philip Thomson, the former leader of the Conservative group on the council, said a number of his councillor colleagues including Cliff Foggo (Skelton East ward), Malcolm Griffiths (Hutton) and Vera Rider (Longbeck) had stood down from the party.  He said they now wished to serve their communities "with probity and integrity and not with duplicity".  The Conservative councillors are thought to have been unhappy with some of the demands being placed on them by senior association figures and felt they were not being supported.

diSme

Does true independence even exist in politics anymore...?
I believe everything and nothing

mk1

Quote from: diSme on March 25, 2021, 06: PM

They change the name to suit what colour of socks they are wearing. Shane is a prime example of this windsock mentality.

They lead us all on a merry dance, plenty of movement but no actual progress:
https://vimeo.com/528716233

akarjl2

Given the antics of the labour clowncil and the "alleged" antics of Mike Hunt Hill I think it is time to give someone other than labour a go.

What value does an independent MP have? Some drivel about cemeteries flooding? = Local clowncil drivel when we want someone representing the town in parliament who actually has knowledge of the town and works WITH the government .

akarjl2

Quote from: mk1 on March 25, 2021, 06: PM
Shane is a prime example of this windsock mentality.

Who gives a rats about Shame?

A twice convicted drunk driver? Who in their right mind would vote for him if some party pimped him as a "candidate"?

Given he is leaving the clowncil I am surprised Cwistoffer isn't standing as a candidate - where will the money come from for more chockywokey weekends in Brighton once we can all travel around?. The salary available as an MP impersonator must be tempting to someone who has no real skills of any use to anyone?

eddy

As a side, if their was a labour PM with a backstory as potted and "exciting" as Mr Johnson do you think they would ever be off the front page of the Sun / Mail? 

akarjl2

Quote from: eddy on March 26, 2021, 10: AM
As a side, if their was a labour PM with a backstory as potted and "exciting" as Mr Johnson do you think they would ever be off the front page of the Sun / Mail?

True however the upcoming election is not about who the PM is but about who will represent Hartlepool at a national level in parliament. A failed Stockton MP who has no idea about Hartlepool is not the solution. I will admit I don't know who would be a viable candidate but Labour is toxic and not to be trusted.

Some blend of lunatic local/independent party pointless.

Leading us to the conclusion maybe we should try a Conservative MP and see what if anything changes - probably nothing given the morons actually trying to run the clowncil.

eddy

I agree that on the basis of evidence there isnt much good to say about Labour and Hartlepool.  We (labour) also shoot ourselves in the foot and head with the likes of Mr Belchface and Hill, there are many not very nice things that have happened either directly or indirectly in the town as a result of the current government that can be totally shut down / ignored / glossed over because of the mountains of good publicity labour have been making for themselves (locally and nationally)

To be fair there isnt really much labour left in the council, but it will take a good few years for people to realise they arent the ones pulling the strings anymore

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on March 25, 2021, 06: PM
Quote from: diSme on March 25, 2021, 06: PM

They change the name to suit what colour of socks they are wearing. Shane is a prime example of this windsock mentality.
Are you 'Shaneaphobic' or just starry eyed obsessed with bloke....?
They lead us all on a merry dance, plenty of movement but no actual progress:Really, Ewell at least they aren't as extravagant to to maintain as your Party
https://vimeo.com/528716233
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.