Brown envelope bonanza.

Started by The Great Dictator, April 06, 2017, 10: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Great Dictator

With all this planning permission in town going full steam ahead it looks like the brown envelopes are being distributed thick and fast.

Just last week i spotted a brand new £40,000 Mercedes sports car sitting proudly on the drive of a prominent councillor of West Park heritage.

Its amazing how his £6000 allowance can stretch to this and four foreign holidays a year  >:(

Johnny Bongo

They can buy as many cars as they like...but they can't drive them in prison! :o

Steely Dan

TGD strikes again. Any evidence of the allegation? No. Any name forthcoming? No.

Usual nonsense.

BTW, I have a car that cost considerably more and I'm retired. What do you make of that?

akarjl

Quote from: The Great Dictator on April 06, 2017, 10: PM

With all this planning permission in town going full steam ahead it looks like the brown envelopes are being distributed thick and fast.

Just last week i spotted a brand new £40,000 Mercedes sports car sitting proudly on the drive of a prominent councillor of West Park heritage.

Its amazing how his £6000 allowance can stretch to this and four foreign holidays a year  >:(

Loathed as I am to admit, it this is a valid point. Many people on here have questioned how some of the otherwise unemployable at the kremlin, supported by visioneer "jobs", maintain their life styles? You only have to think of the three monkeys...Cwissie, LSte and Crannible? Or  an even worse example ...mad dog - who appears to be unable to construct any form of logical statement ?

When HMRC target someone, one of the triggers is someone living a financial lifestyle which appears to be unsustainable, given their declared income.

How does someone, who would struggles to string a coherent sentence together, end up "contributing" to god knows how many "committees", covering a range of matters of which they have no experience of? For which they milk the system for expenses and attendance allowances? When the social republic of Cleveland sets off at full steam many from Hartlepool will be clambering onboard that particular gravy train.

Smoke/fire?

fred c

Quote from: akarjl on April 07, 2017, 06: AM
Quote from: The Great Dictator on April 06, 2017, 10: PM

Loathed as I am to admit, it this is a valid point. Many people on here have questioned how some of the otherwise unemployable at the kremlin, supported by visioneer "jobs", maintain their life styles? You only have to think of the three monkeys...Cwissie, LSte and Crannible? Or  an even worse example ...mad dog - who appears to be unable to construct any form of logical statement ?

When HMRC target someone, one of the triggers is someone living a financial lifestyle which appears to be unsustainable, given their declared income.

Someone  ;) could always make a phone call or send an email to the relevant department, HMRC are always keen to stress that any suspicions are always acted on.  :)

How does someone, who would struggles to string a coherent sentence together, end up "contributing" to god knows how many "committees", covering a range of matters of which they have no experience of? For which they milk the system for expenses and attendance allowances? When the social republic of Cleveland sets off at full steam many from Hartlepool will be clambering onboard that particular gravy train.

Smoke/fire?

The Great Dictator

Steely Dan sounds more like Brian Morton everyday, lets see your big car then MR.BIG...

kevplumb

will you pair jack it in
h*ll your like a couple of kids
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

fred c

Quote from: kevplumb on April 07, 2017, 12: PM
will you pair jack it in
h*ll your like a couple of kids

I've got a really Big Car, it was very expensive....... more expensive than everyone else's Big Car...... I also have a Massive Penis

fred c

I was telling lies about the really Expensive Big Car........ ;D

fred c

OK OK.......I admit it........... I was Lying about The Massive Penis as well.

Land Phil

There is enough dicks in this topic Fred without you bringing yours into the conversation.

Lord Elpus

Quote from: fred c on April 07, 2017, 12: PM

I drive a Peugeot 107, but I have a BIG triumph motor bike.

kevplumb

Quote from: Lord Elpus on April 07, 2017, 02: PM
Quote from: fred c on April 07, 2017, 12: PM

I drive a Peugeot 107, but I have a BIG triumph motor bike.
proper one I hope  ;)
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!

Lord Elpus

Triumph Tiger 955i, like what retired Vicars ride

kevplumb