Traveller Planning Examination 24th September

Started by Extra77, August 22, 2013, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRiddle

"The press serve the aims of strengthening the dictatorship of the proletariat, bolstering the political unity and ideological conformity of the people, and rallying them behind the Party and the Great Leader".

"Newspapers carry articles in which they unfailingly hold the leader in high esteem, adore him and praise him as the great leader".

Not my words. The words of Kim Jong-Il, in his book, "Guidance for Journalists".

It would appear that various people at The Mail have read it, and have taken it literally.

SRMoore

I am not keen on openly defending Cllr Ray Wells as I am ultimately attacked for it but for the benefit of A N Other I should point out that despite his claims that
QuoteI was at the meeting of the Planning Inspector on Tuesday and was totally appalled to see not one member of the Finance and Policy Committee bothered to turn up and face questions. Instead they put forward a party of Planning Officers who had to take the flack for their arrogance and ignorance.
there are numerous other members of the finance and policy committee whose seats were obviously vacant, according to your explanation, though you seem to focus on one member of an "insignificant" party.

Hartlepudlion

I was going to start a new topic but I don't seem able to. As this topic is related I will post here instead.

On the Daily Express web headline today.  New EU Crackpots demand gypsy MPs. apparently it is all part of a Roma women emancipation bill proposed by a Hungarian MP. If passed we will be forced to have a quota of female gypsies in our Parliament.

I doubt it will happen but".............

norfolkngoode

Quote from: Hartlepudlion on September 30, 2013, 03: PM

New EU Crackpots demand gypsy MPs. apparently it is all part of a Roma women emancipation bill proposed by a Hungarian MP. If passed we will be forced to have a quota of female gypsies in our Parliament.

I doubt it will happen but".............

Looking at how politically correct and backward the U.K is, I would say if its going to happen anywhere it'll happen here ;)
'They don't like it up em'

SRMoore

Quote from: kipperdip on September 30, 2013, 06: PM
Gerard also gave his firm assurance that UKIP MEP's will vote against this craziness when it comes before the EP.

You mean they'll actually turn up for work and vote, KD?

mk1

Quote from: norfolkngoode on September 30, 2013, 05: PM

Looking at how politically correct and backward the U.K is, I would say if its going to happen anywhere it'll happen here ;)

The UK is very forward looking. We even have a Political Party for  fruitcakes loonies and closet racists
No one can say we don't look after our  underclass!

Ryehill

It appears that the Roma Gypsies have outstayed their welcome in France ,more than likely as a result of their unsociable habits, so there is a good chance that they will end up here . The free movement of labour is a pillar of the E.U. Constitution but with 2 and half million unemployed is it really necessary or even desirable.

not4me

Over 100,000 Romanies died in the Holocaust, largely as a result of the same sort of hysterical bigotry displayed in the last post. They were 'different' and that seems to be enough for some people to lose all connection with their humanity.

Ryehill

Not4me, that is an absolutely pathetic response to my posting. So despite the fact we have 2 and a half million unemployed you are quite happy to continue the. obviously failing, experiment of having freedom of movement of labour throughout the E.U.  We don't need unskilled labour moving to this  country ,we have plenty of our own courtesy of the failure of previous governments to tackle the problem.

DRiddle

Economic migration, freedom of movement across the EU, increases in immigration... call it what you will.

It's got nothing to do with the unemployment figure in Britain. Nothing at all.

Ryehill

I am sorry David but you just cannot prove that statement.  Logic tells us that if you have 2.5 million unemployed in the country and you have 1 million economic migrants in work, then that must affect the job prospects  of the unemployed . 

DRiddle

Mr Wilson Sir, it's not my job to prove it, it's the job of The National Institute of Economic and Social Research, and they have, many times.

There is no causal effect between the increase in economic migration and employment, or unemployment, in this country.

Immigration watch have tried every trick in the book in terms of manipulating data, but everything they've offered up has been debunked and shown to be statistically flawed.

All you have identified in your statement above this one is a correlation at best. It simply isn't a causation.

I agree that failure to tackle the issue of long term welfare, and job creation are an issue, but to put the issue of unemployment in this country down to an influx in immigrants is reductionist to say the least.

It's simply not true.

DRiddle

QuotePerhaps D Riddle will let us know if he approves of having quotas of Roma MPs etc imposed upon us via the European Commission?

Absolutely Mr Pascoe Sir. In a word "No", I don't agree with the propsal. I don't agree with any quotas in terms of political representation. I wouldn't agree with any proposals or quotas to increase the number of women, ethnic minorities, different sexualities etc in our government.

The best people should be picked to do the job politcally, not to fulifil a quota.

There are areas of life and employment where I do agree with quotas, but not politically.