CLEVELAND POLICE COMMISSIONER

Started by Kerfuffle, September 30, 2019, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerfuffle

Coppinger to stand down :  now why does that not surprise me ?

Following a weekend of reflection I am today announcing that I will not be standing at the PCC election in May 2020.

I hope this will enable everyone to now get behind the new Chief Constable Richard Lewis and support him as he takes forward robust plans to drive forward improvements.

For that to happen, it requires everyone to be pulling in the same direction and it has become clear to me that the current focus on me and calls for my resignation will not allow that to happen. Richard needs to be able to get on with the job without such distractions.

Change is already well underway and in my remaining months in office and in meetings with the HMI I will do all I can to ensure that continues.

It has been a great honour to serve two terms as Cleveland's first Police and Crime Commissioner and I will always be proud of the work carried out by my Office.

fred c

The PCC post should never be a political appointment......This fella has proven that on numerous occasions.

Inspector Knacker

And after he rides into the sunset, another Labour candidate will be promoted to glory by a microcosm of the electorate because they 'always vote Labour'.
He should have been a warning, but apathy will allow the Groundhog Day to go on.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on September 30, 2019, 04: PM
And after he rides into the sunset, another Labour candidate will be promoted to glory by a microcosm of the electorate because they 'always vote Labour'.
He should have been a warning, but apathy will allow the Groundhog Day to go on.

I have yet to see a Police Commissioner anywhere in the country get praised and how can they when the root cause of all the problems is funding.  I doubt they make any contribution to anything and its one of those silly plans to make things more 'Democratic', 'Accountable' & 'Local' or as I prefer to call it job creation schemes for unseated local politicians.
The only proven method of cutting crime is the fear of getting caught. Remove (as in de-fund) the means of  proper investigations and that fear vanishes.

Inspector Knacker

The whole idea is a flawed concept. Without experience of the 'business' you're just a bystander to be humoured. There has to be accountability, but this is a joke.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.