West View 1 CAB 0

Started by Lucy Lass-Tick, April 17, 2012, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Straight Talking

I find that a strange answer, as it indicates that by just being based in the town centre somehow makes CAB the better more trustworthy organisation.

I am sure that those who have used West Views services have been supported and dealt with both professionally and confidentially.

notinshadow

I never said anything about the town center..
I said they were estate people for and from or words to that effect.

C.A.B. the brand gives me faith, West View mob as a brand don't.

If I break my arm I go to the hospital.. if I need a dentist I do to a qualified one not the local butcher.

C.A.B. tried and tested for 70 plus years..

Straight Talking

I think you might find that the West View Advice and Resource Centre has in fact been delivering services in Hartlepool as long as the CAB and possibly longer.

I seem to think they also have the Legal Services Commission Kite mark and all the credentials that CAB has.

Estate people, also work for the CAB - so maybe you should rethink the labels you give people.

notinshadow

Ok they might be good at what they do..I don't have faith in the West View mob, I have faith in the C.A.B. though, complete faith.

I think your comparing Mcdonalds with the little burger van outside the car lot at the bottom of Church Street.

Straight Talking

So you have complete faith in a service by your own admission you have never used.

You also condemn a service you have never used.

Seems a bit shortsighted to me.

notinshadow

Yes they are a brand name...
I could go to Leeds, London somewhere in Scotland or any other main town in the UK and surprise surprise they are there.

That's how I see it, it gives me confidence when I would be at my lowest, the West View mob wouldn't that..

Sorry and all that but that's that!!

Think about this..if I was losing a business, going bankrupt, losing my mrs, family breaking up, bills pilling up, debt collectors at the door, would I want Chip Fireball giving me advice..or one of the others down there, personally not a chance..but if I went to the C.A.B. I would have faith they would help.

Straight Talking

Whilst I appreciate that CAB is a national brand, they are not all the same.
They all deliver similar services but in their own way.

Some do outreach and some like the Hartlepool CAB don't

So the "Estate People" who need help either have to come to CAB or go to their friendly estate based service where they get the same answer and as good if not better support and guess what they don't have to pay the bus fare.

not4me

. . . if they can find a bus.
I think the answer here is where did West View go for their training? By all accounts it was the CAB so even West View recognise CAB as the experts. I've heard West View is a well run centre and does a good job but I'm afraid they're fooling themselves if they believe they can provide an equivalent service to the CAB. I would think that they are quite good on benefit queries and the like but CAB has a much wider remit than that and it's nonsense to say West View has been providing services as long as CAB.

Straight Talking

To an extent I agree with some of your post.

the contract won by West View is for Welfare Rights or in ordinary language benefits advice and debt.

The other stuff that CAB does is funded nationally and is not part of the council contract.

notinshadow

I think they will be experts at debt and benefits and have many years of claiming them and having them.. ;)

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Did Virgin or Serco not bid for the contract this time then ?
I don't believe it.

Straight Talking

Quote from: LookslikeTORYagain on April 22, 2012, 01: AM

I think they will be experts at debt and benefits and have many years of claiming them and having them.. ;)

Why do you persist in insulting people that you clearly do not know.
Ash Johnson works at West View, he is a longstanding mate of Geoff Lilley.

notinshadow

Quote from: Straight Talking on April 26, 2012, 08: PM
Quote from: LookslikeTORYagain on April 22, 2012, 01: AM

Why do you persist in insulting people that you clearly do not know.
Ash Johnson works at West View, he is a longstanding mate of Geoff Lilley.

I hardly think that's the best example you could have used

Just out of interest.. did everyone think I was insulting the West View mob? or did the smiley with a wink let people know I wasn't being to serious in that reply?

notinshadow

Admin I can see you have edited my post but not sure why?

Did I do something wrong?

admin

The use of emboldened text can be useful for highlighting a particular point or word but when the whole post is emboldened, it suggests that the poster believes his post is more important than those of others; which it isn't.