60 Pence !!

Started by seaton, June 08, 2013, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seaton

Our 'Evening Paper' which is available at 09.30, I bought one the other day has now increased to 60 pence !!

Inspector Knacker

Is it a newspaper anymore or a frothy sort of collection of non events....?...... I had to laugh at the ironic advert that plugs free travel as a prize on a new express bus service between Sunderland and 'Teesside' that goes nowhere near Hartlepool.......  in the Hartlepool Mail.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

steveL

Think I predicted this a while back on here. Stepped increases to the price of a weekly paper so that it doesn't come as such a shock when it happens; October is my bet.

60p - there's another 1,000 off the circulation. silly buggers ::)
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Inspector Knacker

Maybe if it resorted back to what it was and should be, an enquiring local newspaper for its local readership, informing and questioning, the paper would be a central part of local life, but what do we get..... a letters page generally monopolised by the same boring knot of scribblers giving us their view and a lecture from Mr A...the rest appears to be to be obscure tales of the chav class, award ceremonies they've invented,  tediously unflattering pictures of the Thompson twins, lots of health articles, so dull and mind numbingly boring you'd never read them and so it goes on....the only thing not buggered up is the births and deaths, but most of them have even been moved out of town!
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

brassed off monkey

At that price it is cheaper to buy a Roll of Toilet Tissue to wipe your A**e with.

The Mail has long since ceased to be a paper worth reading, it`s now a collection of press releases from Pyongyang, Hatch, Match & Dispatch & Adverts, the are attempting to earn a few bob by jazzing up the online edition but they have managed to make a balls up of that.

The best we can hope for is when it does go T**s Up, the Northern Echo will expand into Hartlepool & East Durham.

The Great Dictator

60p, it's almost a criminal act.