CAB vs the hospital Trust

Started by Lucy Lass-Tick, June 04, 2013, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucy Lass-Tick

An interesting twist seems to be emerging with regards to the hospital saga; it certainly looks as if CAB is looking for new pals in the playground.  Could it be that Steve Wallace's comments regarding 'fitness to govern' have rankled?  Mr. Wallace may no longer be Chairman of NHS Hartlepool, but he is bound to retain some connections and influence.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/health/health-matters/operations-could-be-done-outside-tees-area-in-latest-hartlepool-hospital-twist-1-5728569

One comment from the Trust seems distinctly bizarre.

"With new technologies such as telehealth our highly skilled community staff can support people at home and often prevent them needing to come into hospital."

Maybe I'm being a tad flippant, but does this mean that a call centre worker will guide us through performing our own appendectomy with the aid of a stanley knife, dessert spoon and superglue?  ???

Inspector Knacker

Imagine, you've just settled down with your toolbox, charged the drill and tuned into your recording of North Tees TV and episode 334...Replace your own hip, it's a doddle!.....then........ half an hour into  your painful 'adventure'... up to your eyes in blood, bone and tissue, the door opens and in walks the wife ....Look at the mess you're making...... aw, it's all over the carpet and table ........ how long are you gonna be....? Corries on in ten minutes, you'll have to put it away for now and finish it tomorrow.....tell you what, I'll phone for the virtual ambulance to take you to the virtual hospital.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Stevef

Quote from: stephen allison on June 04, 2013, 01: PM
You expect superglue? You must be going Private!

Best go private,  £1 in ASDA    £7.85 on prescription. ;)
You are what you do. It is what it does. Everything else is illusion or Delusion.

mk1

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on June 04, 2013, 12: PM
An interesting twist seems to be emerging with regards to the hospital saga; it certainly looks as if CAB is looking for new pals in the playground.

I believe the conversation went something like this:

'Number 2
Have you  twigged to the fact we have an untapped resource  in the other local Health Trusts?

Number 1
Your right. There are at least 2 other trusts we can manipulate.

Number 2
My thoughts exactly. We can  pitch to  them that we can move out business their way and they would be very interested.

Number 1
I am sure they will be keen to open up a new funding pot and will do all they can to keep in our good books.

Number 2
Good thinking. I will get the grant application forms and post them in the morning. They dare not turn us down whilst we are negotiating.
I think we should not skimp on this one and  we can get the  cost of a decent bus this time round..............now can I ask again, who were you with that night in Bournemouth you bi*tch...........

Inspector Knacker

There seems to be a slight flaw with this 'plan'.........patients would would have even further to travel for treatment ..... it solves jack s**t, just offers a ridiculous option worse than the dire original.
It looks to me like a rather late and pointless conversion on the road to Damascus ....... there were plenty of opportunities over the years to  join the fight, but nothing happened. It strikes me as a  distraction far too late in the day ..... let's just see how long this 'idea' runs....?

fred c

A totally Pisspotical Idea, from "The Dear Leader"........

steveL

This is far, far too late and far, far too duplicitous.

A quick, cynical burst of popularism isn't going to save CAB or his cabal at this stage. This boat has sailed.

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

Quote from: steveL on June 04, 2013, 10: PM
This is far, far too late and far, far too duplicitous.

A quick, cynical burst of popularism isn't going to save CAB or his cabal at this stage. This boat has sailed.

He has managed to get his mug shot in The Mail a lot recently, ( it might be a good idea if he gets a Profile Piccy taken ) but like the strolls around the manor with our vertically Challenged "Member" it is too little too late.

The good ship MRA is holed below the waterline & no amount of huffing & puffing will stop it from sinking.

steveL

I don't know whether to laugh or cry about this. Looks like CAB is trying to put some distance between the council and the Hospital Trust prior to the inevitable announcement.

HARTLEPOOL COUNCIL

PRESS RELEASE

Public urged to have say on hospital changes

COUNCILLORS in Hartlepool are urging local people to speak up on proposals to transfer yet more services from the University Hospital of Hartlepool (UHH) to North Tees Hospital in Stockton.

It follows a recent meeting of the Council's Audit and Governance Committee meeting when councillors quizzed hospital health bosses over their plans to transfer emergency medical services and critical care services from Hartlepool to North Tees.

The recommendation was made by the National Clinical Advisory Team (NCAT) who was commissioned by the hospital health trust and the clinical commissioning group (CCG) to undertake the review.

A public event will be held in Hartlepool as part of the consultation at Hartlepool's Maritime Experience (formerly Hartlepool Historic Quay) on Wednesday 12 June between 5.30pm and 7.30pm. A similar event is being held at Norton Education Centre on Wednesday 19 June between 5.30pm and 7.30pm.

Councillor Keith Fisher, Chairman of the Council's Audit and Governance Committee, said: "Over the years the people of Hartlepool and South-East Durham have seen services gradually diminish from Hartlepool's only surviving hospital.

"The hospital trust board and senior management are already subject to a unanimous vote of no confidence from Hartlepool councillors and a separate resolution from the Council's Health Scrutiny Forum opposed any further movement of services from Hartlepool to North Tees.

"The whole process of Scrutiny is thereby by the fact that the Trust can, and do, completely ignore such resolutions and therefore we must now consider more effective actions."

At the meeting Councillor Fisher requested that the hospital trust provided detailed information on current numbers of staff, wards and services compared to 2003 – the year the UHH was awarded a '3 star' top rating for the third successive year.

He added: "Time and time again the views of local people have been ignored but I appeal to them once again to inform the Trust as to how they feel about these latest proposals in the same way that they have expressed to me for years. We must not give up the fight and I urge people to respond to the consultation exercise before 11 August 2013."

Council Leader, Councillor Christopher Akers-Belcher, added: "It is my view that the hospital trust and the CCG is using NCAT as a vehicle to move key services from Hartlepool to Stockton.

"Hartlepool is entitled to its fair share of hospital services but we continue to get the crumbs off the table. We know that staff on the ground are working really hard to deliver the best services they can; our concern is with the board of directors and top management who are paying total disregard to the people of our town."

The Committee agreed to approach neighbouring authorities including Stockton and Durham councils to compile a formal response to the consultation.

It also agreed that the Council opens up talks with other hospital trusts in the area with the aim of giving Hartlepool residents a wider choice as to where they receive hospital care in the future.

Speaking at the meeting, Councillor Christopher Akers-Belcher, said: "I recommend we explore options of working with other hospital trusts. I further recommend that when we are formulating our commissioning intentions we consider all possible options and this may mean pooling resources with an alternative hospital trust that does listen to the people of Hartlepool and is responsive to our aspirations for locally delivered services accessible by all."

How you can also have your say by !

Visiting www.hartlepoolandstocktonccg/nhs/uk

and completing the online questionnaire

Emailing your views to mynhstees@nhs.net

Writing to Communication and Engagement, FREEPOST NEA9906, Middlesbrough, TS2 1BR.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

There is a long rambling letter from the Trust on the Mail letters page today.
Basically the councillors are being told there is f*ck all they can do and the closure is going to timetable.
Clearly there is a 'pretend' war going on between the Council and the Trust  but it is all for show. Deals have been done,  promises made and it is all a question of finding a scapegoat for when the music stops

Inspector Knacker

Why are they even bothering to go through this farce of urging us to register our discontent with this trust.
I think we've now established well beyond reasonable doubt that this is a mockery. We all know the tired routine, meetings were, you're given their patter and they tell the doubters it's all for the best,. Could someone, anyone, explain the consultation aspect in the way I understand the use of the word....
The day this cursed shotgun marriage of hospitals came about and the new chief executive moved from Hartlepool to North Tees, the alarm bells should have been ringing, but the alarm bells were probably moved to north Tees too.
We seem to live in a world were faceless grey suits, indistinguishable clerks, who use four words when one will do and hide their inflexibility and lack of empathy behind bland jargon and dismissive indifference ....... can make your world worse in the name of making it better.
Consultation.....? ..... a sick joke,.

fred c

This particular "Consultation" is nothing more than "Our Dear Leader" & his band of merry helpers "Wall Papering" the Hospital Issue over.... The fact that in the very near future there wont be Any Walls to paper is immaterial to them.

It is nothing more than a cynical attempt to show that they are the caring council Hartlepool wants & needs, what they seem to have missed is that most of us realised long ago that the only thing they care about is themselves.

Its a case of what can i get out of this, they are certainly not interested in making Hartlepool a fair & better place for every one to live, they are however extremely accomplished in "Pandering" to the minority that are of the same "Take all Ilk" as themselves.