zzzz......

Started by steveL, June 02, 2013, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Anyone in Rural West wondering how Briarfields was, added to the list as an extra possible site for a Traveller site at the last minute would surely interested be to know that the main reason appears to have been that local Tory, George Morris fell asleep at the critical moment; much to the amusement of fellow councillors and officers.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Inspector Knacker

All very reassuring..... not! ::)
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

The Great Dictator

I might know the real reason.

At the consultations i spoke to a councillor who told me that every plot of land the council own will become a possibility for the gypsy tarmac dump.

Now if i'm correct Briarfields land is one of many plots that is struggling to sell.

Mr.Niromax has just spent £900,000 building a small palace on the corner Briarfields plot.

He will not want Pikeys having fires and boiling Hedgehog stew on his doorstep.

I suspect he will now buy the Briarfields building land and fill the council coffers.

The heather saleswomen/fortune tellers will now have to live at another prime location like West view or Owton Manor.

tankerville

When the town had real councillors from all political persuasion's this would have been fought tooth and nail with a vengeance.

Now we have insipid councillors who are just in it for what they can fill their pockets with as much cash as they can, disgraceful is too kind a word.

As for public consultations again a waste of time no matter what the public say whatever has been decided and it probably has will happen.

It would seem the only council idea with balls are those at the Powlett Road roundabout most certainly not any in the council chamber by any council members from all parties.

Feather Merchants each and every one of them.

Private Fraser

To be fair, I could have done with a gypsy camp nearby today. Our lass ran out of clothes pegs.
"Those who are capable of tyranny are capable of perjury to sustain it."

SRMoore

The main reason is, as we all know, because Labour realised that the policy their man brought in was to directly effect Labour wards only. In a desperate attempt to show this isn't only the case they threw in Briarfields as a ridiculous suggestion in the hope that it'd do something to regain support from Labour areas.

As to whether or not George fell asleep, I don't know I wasn't there. Perhaps Steve could clarify if he was present or if he is speaking about something someone told him?

Stig of the Seaton Dump

I don't know who Mr. Niramax is but surprised to hear he isn't a gypsy ...are you sure they are not trying to be accommodating of his needs ?

I don't believe it.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: SRMoore on June 02, 2013, 08: PM

As to whether or not George fell asleep, I don't know I wasn't there. Perhaps Steve could clarify if he was present or if he is speaking about something someone told him?
An irrelevance in a way, I always thought of a political opposition a a guard dog barking at the established party and baring its teeth when needed.  My perception of the Tory party in Hartlepool  is sadly that of a pot bellied old dog snoring next to an.open fire, it bothers no one, has no fight in it and has no intention of ever growling at anyone .....  and if this guard dog ever bared its teeth they'd fall out, it's warm, it's comfy so let's not rock the boat eh...?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

steveL

Perhaps I read it on Twitter, Shane and decided that was more than enough for me to jump in with both feet and repeat it to the world.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

SRMoore

So you didn't get a phone call from a cousin who was present at the meeting then, Steve?

Riddler; I can understand where you are coming from, I genuinely can. It isn't as easy at it looks to change and can be a slow process. You will often find it is the party activists who are shouting the loudest and eventually they are the ones who are heard. Much like PHF too. Their councillors don't do/say much either but look at how vocal (and effective) activists like Steve are at pushing their cause.

fred c

Quote from: Riddler5 on June 03, 2013, 05: AM
Quote from: SRMoore on June 02, 2013, 08: PM

An irrelevance in a way, I always thought of a political opposition a a guard dog barking at the established party and baring its teeth when needed.  My perception of the Tory party in Hartlepool  is sadly that of a pot bellied old dog snoring next to an.open fire, it bothers no one, has no fight in it and has no intention of ever growling at anyone .....  and if this guard dog ever bared its teeth they'd fall out, it's warm, it's comfy so let's not rock the boat eh...?

I have to disagree ever so slightly Riddler5, you missed out the fact that every so often the pot bellied dog sneaks out a really smelly fart  :-[